January Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 11/14/2013 05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Don Abram Harris (http://www.donabramharris.com/) and Brad (Vroomp).  Thank you for your generosity!

The Chosen Cigar: Don Abram Harris Presidential Reserve Churchill

The Chosen Reviewers:

Akira
Beegerply
CrazyK
Mautrak
Mpurtle01

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than December 25th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

Rbrushaber

Quotenwb - 11/14/2013  8:21 PM

This critique has been generously cosponsored by Don Abram Harris (http://www.donabramharris.com/index.htm) and Vroomp (Brad). Thank you for your generosity!

The Chosen Cigar: TBD

The Chosen Reviewers:

TBD

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than December 25th.

Thanks again to Don Abram Harris and Brad!

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:

Thanks Don Abram Harris and Brad!
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

Vroomp

Thank you Nathan! Once again I am looking for volunteers to undertake this arduous task of smoking and reviewing a cigar.

The chosen cigar for this critique will be the  Don Abram Harris Presidential Reserve Churchill 

Akira (Mike) has graciously volunteered already so, four more people are required for this first Critique of the year! I would love to be able to send these out by Monday since, the due date will be December 25th to have the reviews posted, and mail may slow down a bit with the upcoming holidays. These cigars have been in my Humidor for over one year now.....

As always, please read the Critique Guidelines and familiarize yourself with the critique format if you haven't done one before....

http://www.cigargeeks.com/community/boxx/knowledgebase.asp?iid=42&C...

click here to download a PDF form 

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Mautrak

With no limitations on volunteers, other than following the guidelines, I'd love to be in. Thanks Brad.

mpurtle01

Beegerply

I know I've been absent for awhile but I would like to throw my hat in to do this Don and Brad.   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Mautrak

Is Don a member on here?  I'm not familiar with his line of cigars, and his website is Don Abram Harris but everything on the website is Abram J. Harris.  Just trying to learn more about him.  Thanks all.

CrazyK

I'll volunteer my services if needed!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Vroomp

Well it looks like we have 5 volunteers here. If they choose to accept I will ask:

Mpurtle

CrazyK

Mautrak

Akira

Beegerply

I will send out cigars on Monday if everyone says yes!

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Mautrak

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play.

Beegerply

Thanks Brad & Dan for the opportunity  to review this cigar, looking forward to it.  :biggrin:
Byron

mpurtle01

Yes, I accept the challenge.  Thanks brother!

Vroomp

Packages going out today.......................

9405 5036 9930 0149 8971 40   Akira

9405 5036 9930 0149 8971 33  Mautrak

9405 5036 9930 0149 8971 40  Beegerply

LZ 315 072 801 US   CrazyK

9405 5036 9930 0149 9850 45  Mpurtle01

Enjoy folks and post any problems here please........

Mautrak

akira

Mine arrived today with some hitchhikers.  Thanks for including me on this one.  I'll try to post a pic when I get home.

Thanks!
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Beegerply

Got mine yesterday thanks for the extras, what are the unbanded ones.
Byron

Vroomp

One is no doubt a Don Fernando Leon the other I couldn't tell you without a pic........

I have sent over a dozen boxes in the past two weeks and can't remember them all........

Mautrak

Mine arrived yesterday afternoon, along with hitchhikers.  All in good shape.  Thanks, Brad!

mpurtle01

Brad, got my box in today, all perfect!   Yeah, hitchhikers!  So about that pic, what are the unbandeds?   Thanks for the extras!  I've been wanting to try an ABC, awesome!

Vroomp

If you were lucky enough to receive the cigar that looks like a dog turd, it is a Puerto Rican Puro made by local tobacco farmers in the hills of PR. It is actually a pretty decent mild-medium smoke........... I go through about 15-25 each time I go down there on vacation and I always send a couple extra bundles home for gifts and bums.

CrazyK

Just got mine today! I didn't even realize I was in! Thanks very much for the extras Brad!!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

akira

Here is the long awaited picture of my GC cigar and his friends.  Thanks again for including me on this one and for the extras!    :biggrin:

photo e582e45e-3711-4ab5-9852-81e95bf0feb1.jpg
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Vroomp

I figured since I screwed you out of the last review I could at least let you enjoy the cigar anyway!  Thanks for helping out with this review!

nwb

Looks like everyone has the cigar in hand.  Thanks Brad!

Just a quick reminder - you have exactly a week to get the reviews in.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.