July Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 05/30/2014 07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Tobacco Haven and Edgar Hoill:

http://www.tobaccohavennh.com/
http://www.edgarhoill.com/
http://www.clecigars.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A very special thanks goes out to Brian (bmac7754) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: EH Cigars (Edgar Hoill) OSOK Leroy

The Chosen Reviewers:

bmac7754
Kevin48438
nirab
nwb
Otter

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than July 10th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

This cigar is a store exclusive of Tobacco Haven and they were very generous to provide 5 coffins for our critique.  You can find more information here:

http://blog.tobaccohavennh.com/blog/bid/380026/Leroy-VS-The-Dark-Master

Thank you again for your generosity!!!!!

Please note before you volunteer - you are agreeing to do both the late July and early August critiques.  Do not volunteer if you can't review both cigars on time.
Chief of Shaft

nirab

response copied from August GC thread...

I'd love to participate in this. With the wife in school, new sticks are not gonna be bought anytime soon! I've done a few so far, so if I get bumped aside, that is fine by me.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

Since Brian is the person who hooked up the critique and will be shipping the cigars, choosing volunteers will be up to him.  With that being said, please post if you are interested in either thread so Brian has a pool of applicants. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

LawDaddy

I'd like to get back in the rotation if you will have me.

ntanner

Dont think youre going to be short on volunteers but if you are in need I am willing. I volunteered in the other thread as well.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nwb

bmac7754's computer died, so he won't be on until later this weekend.  Until then, please post here if you are interested in reviewing.
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

Thanks guys for volunteering.  As stated, I will be sending out the coffins which include both cigars so you will be doing this one and the First two weeks of August.  If I didnt pick you, its nothing personal so please don't be offended.  I won't get these out until maybe next week, so if you choose you don't want to, then please let me know.
So we have
nwb (Nathan)
nirab (Brian)
Kevin48438 (Kevin)
and myself bmac7754
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

bmac7754

Sorry I forgot the last one which is Otter (jay).  I'm working on a f'd up computer right now and can barley read anything.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

timpellis

I can do this one also, I don't want to be greedy (I volunteered for the Aug one also).

BewareDaPenguin

nwb

Thanks, Brian.  The original post has been updated.
Chief of Shaft

bmac7754

packages going out tomorrow.

9405 9036 9930 0196 7076 67  otter
9405 9036 9930 0196 7076 81  kevin48438
9405 9036 9930 0196 7076 98  nirab
9405 9036 9930 0196 7076 36  nwb
Enjoy gents

Cfickter

I smoked one and really loved it. Looking forward to reading others opinions
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

Yup I picked up a coffin myself and it's sitting in the humi, I'll be interested in reading what you guys think of these 2 sticks as well :thumbsup:

bmac7754

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 6/3/2014 9:10 PM Yup I picked up a coffin myself and it's sitting in the humi, I'll be interested in reading what you guys think of these 2 sticks as well :thumbsup:

For those of you who have them, I entered them in the database and Jackal got them quickly added so you can add to your VH as well.  They look good, can't wait but I will.

Vroomp

Glad to see you got some fairly reliable reviewers for this one..... :shades:

:bigthumbs:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nwb

Just a quick reminder that you have less than two weeks to get these in!
Chief of Shaft

nirab

Link to the review?? I should be able to get mine in this weekend.  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nwb

Quotenirab - 6/27/2014  5:05 PM

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

It should be at the top of the page.
Chief of Shaft

nirab

Quotenwb - 6/27/2014  4:13 PM

Quotenirab - 6/27/2014  5:05 PM

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

It should be at the top of the page.

For as many as I have done, I always have trouble finding the page! I am a hard headed geek!  :biggrin:  :angel:

Thanks Nathan!  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nwb

Quotenirab - 6/27/2014  6:01 PM
For as many as I have done, I always have trouble finding the page! I am a hard headed geek!  :biggrin:  :angel:

Thanks Nathan!  :bigthumbs:

No problem!  Oh, and FYI, we have a search function on the left hand of the page....

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Otter

We are doing the OSOK first then the CLE next month right?
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.