NW Cigar Geeks Herf IV (video w/pics posted)

Started by metalhead y cigarguy, 06/17/2014 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalhead y cigarguy

The 4th Annual Cigar Geeks Herf is fast approaching.  I know Neil has been busy as of late so I'm going to post this for him.  Come join Shukpaw, MT21, michaeldiamond and myself for a weekend full of great conversation, a Tacoma Rainers Triple A Baseball game, a trip to Smokey Joe's Cigar lounge and great food.  Oh yeah... there will be lots of cigar smoking going on too.  It will be the weekend of July 12-13, as it is every year.  We would love to see some other Geeks there if you can make it.  

I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

nwb

Glad you guys are getting together again.  I hope Shukpaw is doing well - he's missed around here.
Chief of Shaft

metalhead y cigarguy

I thought he was dead until the other day when I actually talked to him on the phone.  LOL  
So when you coming to the NW to hang with us?  :biggrin:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

nwb

That would be nice - I'd really like to make the trip up there.  It just isn't in the cards this year. :-(
Chief of Shaft

metalhead y cigarguy

We'd like to see you as well, but if it doesn't work out it doesn't work.  Start planning for next year. We do it the same weekend every year.  :smoker:

nirab

I have family in Washington and Oregon, and plan on going up there next year. If I can plan it around the herf weekend, I'd love to meet up with y'all. How is Neil doing? Miss having him around.
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

metalhead y cigarguy

That would be awesome Nirab.  Neil is hanging in there. He's been busy so he hasn't had the time to get on here, but I think he'll make a return at some point.

dddddmorgan

Tell Neil I said hi he might remember me. He's got a PM from me sitting in his inbox ;-)

Hopefully I can make it next year.

Molon Labe!

metalhead y cigarguy

Had another great weekend with Mark and Neil at Cigar Geeks NW Herf IV. Thanks for the cigars guys. FYI the event is always the second Saturday in July. Plan ahead as next year it will be the weekend of July 10, 11, 12.

Here's some video clips and pics from the weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGkRuZfqlFA

Vroomp

Looks like you guys had another great time!  :bigthumbs:  Thanks for the pics and video!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

DonM

Thanks for sharing the video, looks like good times :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

MT21

A good time once again this year!  I'm glad you finally got the eagle to comply and allow you to get some great shots. (Maybe I shouldn't say shots since eagles are federally protected.)

Next years event is on the calendar already.  Until then, see you on the site.   :smoker:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

nirab

Thanks for putting that together Brian. Looks like a great time!  :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Longhorn

Great video!  Thanks for sharing - Smokey Joe's looks like a great place!

nwb

Looks like a blast!  Glad you guys were able to get together again.

On a side note, great to hear bxgreenhorn's daughter is doing well!
Chief of Shaft

johncw

Wow looks like an awesome weekend. Wish i lived remotely close.

nwb

Quotejohncw - 7/14/2014  2:11 PM
Wish i lived remotely close.

Me too.  Heck, I wish the plane tickets weren't so expensive from Atlanta.  All you'd have to do is get out there.....
Chief of Shaft

metalhead y cigarguy

Nate, you're gonna have to move closer or starting saving for next year.  :biggrin:

nwb

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 7/14/2014  3:28 PM
Nate, you're gonna have to move closer or starting saving for next year.  :biggrin:

The moving closer isn't going to happen.  Maybe I'll get lucky like Vroomp and come across a mistake by Delta for super cheap airfare.
Chief of Shaft

mpurtle01

Very awesome.  We need to do this in the SE.

nwb

Quotempurtle01 - 7/14/2014  3:58 PM

Very awesome.  We need to do this in the SE.

We are, kind of:

http://www.chattanoogatweetup.com/

There is also a big event in Atlanta in November.
Chief of Shaft

Shukpaw

Well, it was awesome as always.  I can not tell you how genuinely great it is to hang out with Bryan and Mark.  You should come see for yourself.  We missed Michael and hope he will be back next year.  I also hope all of you who have been saying you should make it do so.

Mark once again brought his tasty pulled pork.  He brought a humidor for Bryan and I to pick out gift cigars out of, then hit me up with some My Uzi Baitfish on top of what I picked.  He also brought his guitar along this year.  It was a lot of fun and very enjoyable to get to hear him play.

Bryan hit me up with some nice gift cigars including a CAO Extreme Quad, MOW Orange County, AB Tempest, and Room 101 Camacho, just to name a few.  I have enjoyed the videos he has made the past couple years of the event.  I noticed I didn't take many pictures this year.  I think it's because I knew Bryan would have it covered.

I think it was the best weather we have had for one of these.  We had very low tides mid day each day.  The wildlife (eagles, seals, herons, ...) showed off.  The home baseball team won.  We have gone to a game every year and have seen 2 wins and 2 losses.  The food was great, the cigars were great, and the people were best of all.

Cigar Geeks Northwest Heft V July 10-12, 2015.  Hope to see you there.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.