Bruce invades Ohio!!!!

Started by PETE314, 07/08/2014 07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

Brlesq made a trip up to Northeast Ohio last night to visit us at the Fair Trade Cigar Club!  Every Monday night the Fair Traders get together for "Cigar Nite".  You may recall a thread I had up back in March... http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27834.0 It has been one of the causes of my lack of activity...but as you will see it is a worthwhile cause...LOL

Bruce brought up his father in law Steve as well as a 5 pack of Hard to Finds that are EXTREMELY appreciated.  I think he left at just the right time as a downpour came on shortly after he left....I guess the skies were sad that he had to go....A good time was had by all. In fact, I believe we are already planning a get together at the next CigarFest....

If you guys are ever in the Cleveland/Mentor OH area....come on by and visit us...

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Vroomp

How is that going for you Pete? I wondered if you were gonna have enough members to pay the utilities and whatnot......
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nwb

Very cool - glad you guys got to hang out and have a few smokes.
Chief of Shaft

Kman

Very cool, looks like you guys had a blast!!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

PETE314

Brad, Right now things are going very well.  We are nearing 30 members and have a "small" surplus every month that we put aside for emergencies.  We hold raffles for several 4 packs and several singles every Monday Night and that has gone quite well.  We have paid off almost a third of our debt from renovation with the raffles alone.  We would like a few more outside people to come in every now and then...but we are liking where we are at right now.  We are a new organization and as such we are still fine tuning our processes and procedures.  

But we regularly have 20 people show up on Mondays....GREAT HERFS....the phrase comes up all the time..."I love Cigar Club"....It is one of the best things we could have done....we were afraid that the warm weather would keep people away...but it has been almost the opposite...and when it becomes cold again...I would expect another boost.  

So so far ....so good...

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Vroomp

QuotePETE314 - 7/8/2014  10:36 AM  Brad, Right now things are going very well.  We are nearing 30 members and have a "small" surplus every month that we put aside for emergencies.  We hold raffles for several 4 packs and several singles every Monday Night and that has gone quite well.  We have paid off almost a third of our debt from renovation with the raffles alone.  We would like a few more outside people to come in every now and then...but we are liking where we are at right now.  We are a new organization and as such we are still fine tuning our processes and procedures.    But we regularly have 20 people show up on Mondays....GREAT HERFS....the phrase comes up all the time..."I love Cigar Club"....It is one of the best things we could have done....we were afraid that the warm weather would keep people away...but it has been almost the opposite...and when it becomes cold again...I would expect another boost.    So so far ....so good...

Sounds great! Glad things worked out for you guys and nice to see another Geek show up!  :bigthumbs:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nwb

Glad to hear things are going well, Pete.  That is an awesome idea, one that could be replicated elsewhere if it proves successful.
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

Good to hear this endeavour is working out well. Wish we had something like that in Montreal. Sounds and looks like a nice place to hang and herf.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

PETE314

Oh I am sure we might consider opening up other........"chapters"...LMAO!!!!

ntanner

Looks like a good time.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

benchjockey

Sounds like a good idea and a great time.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Cfickter

Awesome job getting that up and running. Congrats
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Longhorn

Thanks for checking in and sharing the good news, Pete!  The pictures look great - lots of people!  :thumbsup:

PETE314

QuoteLonghorn - 7/8/2014  1:42 PM  Thanks for checking in and sharing the good news, Pete!  The pictures look great - lots of people!  :thumbsup:

Certainly does give one a reason to actually LOOK FORWARD to MONDAYS!!!!   lol :shy:  

Cigary

Now that looks like a great party and I don't see a sad face anywhere.  There's something to be said for gettogethers like this in a time where things like Facebook and stuff like that tend to keep people from actually facing each other...having conversations..enjoying things in common.  I think the generation of the baby boomers knew how to be social w/o having to use technology to have a conversation.  What better than having a cigar among new and old friends?

cavenbk

Very nice Pete. Looks like a great time. Living in Pittsburgh, I am only a short drive away. Maybe some time I can talk the wife into letting me slip away for the day.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

BewareDaPenguin

Looks like a great time, congrats on the success of the club/ lounge that's awesome! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

kxthor911

Looks like a great time, I think I actually saw Bruce kinda smile once...WOW. Ha glad you guys had a great time.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Brlesq

My father-in-law and I had a great time!  Peter welcomed me with a right-handed handshake and a left-handed bomb into my ribcage!  The club is a great hangout with the the friendliest members.  Each and everyone of them came up and welcomed us throughout the night, and made us feel right at home!  The night we visited they were having a fresh fish fry with the 70 perch that a couple of members had caught the day before.  

It's hard to believe that this was once an auto-repair shop because of the fantastic job they did in converting it.  A full kitchen with granite countertops, comfortable tables and leather chairs, a couple of bigscreen TVs, humidors for the members and a big patio and garden out back.    I am quite jealous that we don't have a place like this to smoke and hang out with friends back in Albany.  A great club for all seasons!  I guess will be stuck on the porch with the propane heater again this winter.

Thanks again Peter for inviting us up and being such a great host!  Dad hasn't stopped talking about it all day, and wants you to open a Youngstown chapter. We will definitely have to do it again sometime!

The bomb that Peter hit me with:

Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Toro (which caught fire right away! :biggrin:)
Ave Maria Imaculata Toro
Papa Fritas
Nica Rustica
Man 'O War Skull Crusher
AB Prensado Toro
AB Connecticut Belicoso
Camacho Blackout Toro
Camacho Diploma 08/22
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Kman

QuotePETE314 - 7/8/2014  2:11 PM  

QuoteLonghorn - 7/8/2014  1:42 PM  Thanks for checking in and sharing the good news, Pete!  The pictures look great - lots of people!  :thumbsup:

Certainly does give one a reason to actually LOOK FORWARD to MONDAYS!!!!   lol :shy:  

And it gives a least a little bit of a reason to live in Cleveland :lmao:

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.