Fantasy Football : The Other Guys II...ALERT!!

Started by nirab, 07/24/2014 07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

I got a message from Mike Casey, who set up and ran this league for us last year. He cannot participate in this, and will not be running the league. He transferred the league over to me, but I simply do not have the time to run a league. So, what we need to do to keep this going is this:

If you were in this league last year, and would like to play this year, post in this thread.

Those who played last year and are willing to be the league commish, post in this thread.

Once we get a commish, and the number of folks playing, we can think about adding a couple of geeks to the league.

PLEASE DO NOT post in this thread that you would like to join. Once we get things settled, it would be up to the new commish to decide how many slots we have. I am sure we are going to have more folks who want to play than openings, so maybe a contest, or random drawing of names to fill those slots, but it will be up to the new commish to determine that.

Copy and paste your name and last years team name on this list ONLY if you are a returning The Other Guys II participant!  Thanks!!

The Other Guys II returning roster:

nirab - Toilet Monsters

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

stogiedad - BamaStogieBoys

I will play for sure.  I would offer to commish, but I am running the fantasy baseball league as well as the college pickem, I just have too much on my plate to take it on.  Looking forward to playing though.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

johncw

I would be happy to be commissioner this year. I don't run any other leagues anymore I just participate in them.

nirab - Toilet Monsters
Johncw --Drinkin Fortes
Stogiedad - BamaStogieBoys

Kman

Count me in... and maybe if we keep John busy enough as Commish, he won't have time to kick our butts!!
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Kman

Btw, does anyone know the site? I haven't been in since last year and I have to see if I can still get in.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

StogieDad

QuoteKman - 7/24/2014  11:20 AM

Btw, does anyone know the site? I haven't been in since last year and I have to see if I can still get in.

Check your email Kerry, I think an email went out this morning inviting us to return.  It is NFL.com though.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

johncw

Kerry i think you should have gotten an email... it was NFL.com.

nirab - Toilet Monsters
Johncw --Drinkin Fortes
Kman - Kman

Kman

QuoteStogieDad - 7/24/2014  11:29 AM  
QuoteKman - 7/24/2014  11:20 AM  Btw, does anyone know the site? I haven't been in since last year and I have to see if I can still get in.
Check your email Kerry, I think an email went out this morning inviting us to return.  It is NFL.com though.

Thanks. I had actually changed emails since then, so nothing came through, but I found everything on NFL.com and got logged in.

nirab

Quotejohncw - 7/24/2014  10:31 AM

Kerry i think you should have gotten an email... it was NFL.com.

nirab - Toilet Monsters
Johncw --Drinkin Fortes
Kman - Kman

John, thanks for showing everyone else how to follow directions!!  :biggrin:  :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

kxthor911

Brian, yes I would like to play BUT there was some talk about not having an auto draft this year. Since I do not know if I will have to work or not yet (my schedule changes periodically) I need to know what type of draft we will have.

kxthor911 was my team and yes I got the email. I did not log on yet as I do not wish to mess up the league incase I do not get a chance to play.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

kxthor911

Also, DPG (adam) and Caveman steve had already volunteered on the other thread to play. If we do add new members, they seem like good candidates to me.

As for John, welcome commissioner for my consideration.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

nirab

Does anybody follow fu$%ing directions anymore!!!! LOL!!!!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

kxthor911

Quotenirab - 7/24/2014  11:16 AM  Does anybody follow fu$%ing directions anymore!!!! LOL!!!!

Apparently some directions are not clear enough. I thought I followed them correctly enough. I gave all the information I had. Jack@ss

Kman

Quotenirab - 7/24/2014  11:47 AM  
Quotejohncw - 7/24/2014  10:31 AM  Kerry i think you should have gotten an email... it was NFL.com.  The Other Guys II returning roster:   nirab - Toilet Monsters  Johncw --Drinkin Fortes  Stogiedad - BamaStogieBoys Kman - Kman
John, thanks for showing everyone else how to follow directions!!  :biggrin:  :shy:

I was trying to follow directions but I couldn't log in to remember my team name. Geez Brian, relax and have a cigar :cigarman:

kxthor911

QuoteKman - 7/24/2014  12:11 PM  

Quotejohncw - 7/24/2014  10:31 AM  Kerry i think you should have gotten an email... it was NFL.com.  The Other Guys II returning roster:   nirab - Toilet Monsters  Johncw --Drinkin Fortes  Stogiedad - BamaStogieBoys Kman - Kman

I was trying to follow directions but I couldn't log in to remember my team name. Geez Brian, relax and have a cigar :cigarman:

It does seem like Brian is a tad bit grumpy today doesn't it. Old man syndrome lol

nirab

Quotekxthor911 - 7/24/2014  12:13 PM

QuoteKman - 7/24/2014  12:11 PM  

It does seem like Brian is a tad bit grumpy today doesn't it. Old man syndrome lol

I kid, break balls, bust sac, however ya wanna see it...but, keeping shyte organized and following rules helps everyone. You folks raised up on Jerry Springer cuz your momma and daddy left you home with the tv to babysit ya are making a mess of things!  :biggrin:  :shy:  :lmao:  :lmao:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 7/24/2014  11:22 AM

johncw did it for me :biggrin:

yea, and you get a pass because of your fellow geek...and I happen to like you!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nwb

I'm not interested.....

or maybe I am.....

or maybe I'm not.....

or maybe I am.....

but probably not.....

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

nirab

Quotenwb - 7/24/2014  12:36 PM

I'm not interested.....

or maybe I am.....

or maybe I'm not.....

or maybe I am.....

but probably not.....

(Grumpy nirab)... Who the F&#K asked you?!  :shy:  :shy:  :shy:  :shy:
you know I kid brother!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Joelala

Quotenirab - 7/24/2014  1:03 PM

I'm not interested.....

or maybe I am.....

or maybe I'm not.....

or maybe I am.....

but probably not.....

you know I kid brother!  :biggrin:

HAHAHAHA  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Joe

kxthor911

Jeez homie, f a cigar, go smoke a blunt :).

nwb

Quotenirab - 7/24/2014  2:03 PM

I'm not interested.....

or maybe I am.....

or maybe I'm not.....

or maybe I am.....

but probably not.....

(Easily offended nwb)....Yo' mamma!
Chief of Shaft

johncw

nirab - Toilet Monsters
Johncw --Drinkin Fortes
Kman - Kman
Nick - Kxthor911

Not returning this year.
Mike
Joe

I sent a note out to the rest of the guys we haven't heard from just to get a commitment or not.

Nick we can discuss the online draft but I know it's hard to work with 12 schedules.

StogieDad

Just a note, a live draft can work just like a auto draft for those that can't make it.  You can preset your draft rankings, and when you are not logged in, it would just make the next selection on your board, just as if it was a auto draft.  Just food for thought.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.