Greeting from Cleveland, OH

Started by jimz1701, 08/06/2009 06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimz1701

Just signed up for this site and thought I should introduce myself.

I live in the Cleveland, OH area and am fairly new to the cigar hobby.  I've often had the occaisonal cheap cigar in the past, but only in the last year have I gotten serious about cigars as a hobby.  While there are so many that I haven't had an opportunity to try yet, here are my top five favorites early on:

1.  Romeo & Juliet Cedro Deluxe
2.  5 Vegas Series A
3.  Carlos Torano Cameroon 1916
4.  Macanudo Hampton Court Maduro
5.  5 Vegas Gold

I've had difficulty finding a reliable cigar shop in the area, which has resulted in mostly online orders.  If anyone could point me towards a good local shop I'd greatly appreciate that!

WeLustPapes

BlackIrish

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Jackal

Welcome to the group.

You have some pretty decent smokes in your favorites.  I think that you will find some good info and some great people on this site.

:welcome:

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

cmmayo

Welcome jimz! Greetings from Texas.

:cigarman:

Love the 5 Vegas A and Gold, too. Just had a gold on the way to work and... well, I wish I was still in my car smoking instead of dealing with work. That's for sure.

:shootme:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

mountedshriner

Welcome Jim from sunny, bankrupt California!! You will love this site and we all look forward to your input and reviews!! :biggrin:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

jimz1701

I'll second that sentiment, far better to enjoy a cigar over the stress of a workday!

akira

Welcome to the site!  

Check out the cigar places section and there may be some info on shops in your area.  Also, be sure to add your experiences at any shops you've been to so we all have a better idea of what to expect if we happen to be in your area.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

lowpro75

Welcome.  I'm not familiar with Ohio so I can't help you there.  But if you ever move to Southeastern Pa let me know. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

nwb

Welcome!  I was just in Dublin, OH on business.  Very nice city.

Look forward to your posts and feedback.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

junglepete

Welcome to the site, lookin' forward to your participation.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

gitfiddl

Greetz from sunny NE Florida (at least until the afternoon thunderstorm hits!).
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Hot Stuff x

Welcome to the site!   I'm in Korea and don't have any B&M here either, so internet orders it is for me too! 

I'm sure you have someplace nearby that stocks cigars.  I just googled "cigars cleveland ohio" and got the following:

A.

Cousins Cigars[/b] - maps.google.com - (216) 781-9390 - More

B.

Cousin's Cigar Co[/b] - maps.google.com - (216) 464-9396 - More

C.

Cigar Cigars[/b] - www.akroncigarclub.net - (440) 333-5454 - More

D.

Smoker Friendly[/b] - www.smokerfriendly.com - (216) 581-3534 - More

E.

Sam Klein Cigar Co[/b] - maps.google.com - (216) 621-2673 - 1 review

F.

Jovann's Tobacco Shop[/b] - www.jovanns.com - (440) 442-4775 - 2 reviews

G.

Memphis Smokehouse Inc[/b] - maps.google.com - (216) 351-5321 - More

H.

Port Royal Cigar[/b] - maps.google.com - (440) 914-0500 - More

I.

Parma Heights Smoke Shop[/b] - www.parmaheightsoh.gov - (440) 886-3449 - More

J.

Old Erie Tobacco Co[/b] - maps.google.com - (216) 781-9393 - More

happy hunting!

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Rebecca Silverwolf

Welcome to Cigar Geeks.   :welcome:  :rocker:
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

nukbucko

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

casmang

RCCook

Welcome from Dallas! I'm a newbie too, so don't feel intimidated!

Ken Kelley

Welcome aboard, Jim!  You'll like it here on the forum.   We don't have any cigar stores out here in the remote hollers but there's a couple of fellers live up the road a ways in an old double wide who will sell you other things to smoke  :-0
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.