February Industry Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by nwb, 01/07/2015 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This critique has been generously sponsored by Cigarsatyourprice.com:

http://cigarsatyourprice.com/

Thank you for your generosity!  A special thank you goes out to Mike (StogieDad) for coordinating!

The Chosen Cigar: Sindicato Cigars Sindicato Toro

The Chosen Reviewers:

DonM
Ninfiction
nirab
Rammstein142
StogieDad

This cigar shall be reviewed no later than January 25th.

Happy Smokin' gents! :smoker:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

We need three reviewers that will receive this cigar along with the cigar for the late February Geek Critique.  By doing so, you are agreeing to do both geek critiques on time.
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Rammstein142

"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

StogieDad

QuoteRammstein142 - 1/7/2015  11:01 PM

Are you looking for volunteers?

Yessir!  But you have to be willing to do both Feb critiques, the Natural and Maduro.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

I will throw my name in the hat, but I did do one in December

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Rammstein142

"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

Rammstein142

StogieDad

Mojo66, I think you are right, may be tight.  Thanks Kent and Neal for stepping in if needed.  But looks like we have Rammstein142, DonM, and ninfiction ready to join Nirab and myself in this one.  If everyone is clear you have to do both,  I will let Andy know to mail these out tomorrow
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

I've got no issue doing both, should be interesting to compare the maduro with the natural and I had not previously heard of these so it'll be all new to me. Looking forward to it! Thanks!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Vroomp

I too have just done a critique for January but, would be willing to sacrifice my time to do another. I reviewed the Robusto back in June and found it to be a decent smoke and am curious to see what the Toro has to offer in comparison..... :shades:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

StogieDad

Per CAYP

Don Miller

Brian Halgrimson

Tim Wicks

Brian Foley
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

Awesome! Really looking forward to these, supposed to warm up next week too might even hit 25 degrees...above zero!

DonM

Freaking Awesome!  Looking forward to it and thanks To CAYP and Michael for setting this one up

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

My sticks landed today.  Not one, but two of each.  Awesome!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

DonM

:bigthumbs: Very cool, got the same package!  Looking forward to the reviews

"The Curmudgeon"

ninfiction

Got mine today too, super pumped you even doubled up on them. Once they thaw out (all of 4 degrees here today) I'll get them acclimated and hopefully smoke 1 or 2 this weekend since it's supposed to be in the 30's.

nirab

Mine landed yesterday as well. Thanks Michael!!  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Rammstein142

Mine landed a few days ago as well!! Thanks for the sticks and I will get my review in ASAP. Battling a cold right now....of course after all the crap I talked about not getting it, it finds me. But look forward to getting these reviewed.

ninfiction

Currently when I go to the link to submit my review there are no cigars/options for me to enter my review. Does this need to be set up manually by someone? When will it be available?

DonM

Quoteninfiction - 1/17/2015  4:33 PM

Currently when I go to the link to submit my review there are no cigars/options for me to enter my review. Does this need to be set up manually by someone? When will it be available?

If you go here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

it should say Congratulations! You are a Geek Critiquer this month. Click here to Add A New Geek Critique.
Please be sure to review the guidelines for helping make this a success for all who are investing their time in it.

You should be able to select the cigar and add your review from there.  I just checked and mine is active

"The Curmudgeon"

ninfiction

QuoteDonM - 1/17/2015  3:55 PM

If you go here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigrevs;area=critiques

it should say Congratulations! You are a Geek Critiquer this month. Click here to Add A New Geek Critique.
Please be sure to review the guidelines for helping make this a success for all who are investing their time in it.

You should be able to select the cigar and add your review from there.  I just checked and mine is active

When I go there it doesn't say anything, there is a drop down list but the Sindicato isn't on it and the only "button" says "Show Geek Critiques" then the rest of the page is past Critiques.   :confused:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.