LFD Old Band

Started by Phog, 01/09/2015 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phog

Gentlemen and Ladies.  I have just purchased an old-band La Flor Dominicana from a local B&M.  I'm having trouble identifying what is is.  The box it was in gave no indication of what line it belonged to.  In addition, there is no secondary banding or line beneath the old-band stating what line it is.  In doing a 15 search through the database, I was only able to pinpoint one line of LFD's that don't have the secondary line/band identifying the blend (Ligero, Double Ligero, Colorado Oscuro, etc.)  That line is their Habano line.  However, I have an issue with that as well.  That blend has a colorado, reddish colored wrapper while the stick that I bought it much closer to maduro.  Any ideas on what exactly it is?  Can't post a picture yet since I am at work.  It's just eating me up that I don't know!  Other details i do know: 5.5ish length, probably 50-52 RG, belicoso/torpedo.

ninfiction

Thought maybe I could help, I found 6 at a B&M this fall but checking again they do indeed say Ligero beneath the flower. Spectacular cigars with that age. Nice find whatever it is.

Mine are L400 - 5.75 inch 54 rg.

Edit: Did they have more? I might be interested
This is not the admin you're looking for...

The Burn Ward

QuotePhog - 1/9/2015  3:25 PM

Gentlemen and Ladies.  I have just purchased an old-band La Flor Dominicana from a local B&M.  I'm having trouble identifying what is is.  The box it was in gave no indication of what line it belonged to.  In addition, there is no secondary banding or line beneath the old-band stating what line it is.  In doing a 15 search through the database, I was only able to pinpoint one line of LFD's that don't have the secondary line/band identifying the blend (Ligero, Double Ligero, Colorado Oscuro, etc.)  That line is their Habano line.  However, I have an issue with that as well.  That blend has a colorado, reddish colored wrapper while the stick that I bought it much closer to maduro.  Any ideas on what exactly it is?  Can't post a picture yet since I am at work.  It's just eating me up that I don't know!  Other details i do know: 5.5ish length, probably 50-52 RG, belicoso/torpedo.

Ahh. It's a cigar and it's definitely smokeable :shy:

I'll wait for the pic.

Phog

Quoteninfiction - 1/9/2015  2:32 PM

Thought maybe I could help, I found 6 at a B&M this fall but checking again they do indeed say Ligero beneath the flower. Spectacular cigars with that age. Nice find whatever it is.

He had two more sitting in there.  I can't go back today, but I can on Monday.  I'll look into it for you if two is enough to whet your whistle.

Jackal

QuotePhog - 1/9/2015  1:25 PM

A pic would help a lot.  I can probably identify it, but I would really need to see it.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Brlesq

QuoteJackal - 1/9/2015  3:57 PM

QuotePhog - 1/9/2015  1:25 PM

A pic would help a lot.  I can probably identify it, but I would really need to see it.

x2.  I've got some of the old ones so I can hopefully figure it out with a pic

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Mojo66

Andy, we want a pic  :biggrin:
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

Phog

Alright guys, it's 4:12 Central Time.  I'll get home sometime around 5:30.  I promise a picture no later than 6:30, but I'll shoot for earlier.

ninfiction

QuotePhog - 1/9/2015  2:45 PM

Quoteninfiction - 1/9/2015  2:32 PM

He had two more sitting in there.  I can't go back today, but I can on Monday.  I'll look into it for you if two is enough to whet your whistle.

How much were they? If he wasn't charging a 6 year storage fee I'll take em, trade or Paypal whatever works for you.

Phog

Phog

Sorry for the shadow.

Phog

Quoteninfiction - 1/9/2015  4:14 PM

How much were they? If he wasn't charging a 6 year storage fee I'll take em, trade or Paypal whatever works for you.

$6.50.  If they're still there on Monday I'll grab 'em and we can set something up.

The Burn Ward

Looks like a Suave band.

The Burn Ward

Old Suave Maduro Torpedo (maybe #6)

The Burn Ward

Early 2000's before they took off. They didnt have the secondary band as far as I know but I'm not positive what year they added it.

Longhorn

QuoteThe Burn Ward - 1/9/2015  6:05 PM

Old Suave Maduro Torpedo (maybe #6)

X2

Phog

Thanks Geeks.  Old stick nonetheless.

Jackal

Premium Grand Maduro (which became suave)

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

vw77guy

:bow:  You guys know so much more than I!

ninfiction

QuotePhog - 1/9/2015  4:43 PM

Quoteninfiction - 1/9/2015  4:14 PM

$6.50.  If they're still there on Monday I'll grab 'em and we can set something up.

Perfect! Just let me know, would love to smoke those.

Chuckster

One day I will learn...

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.