March Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 01/24/2015 05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Ted (Ted).

The Cigar: Ashton Symmetry Belicoso (5.25 x 52)

The Hype: Ashton Symmetry cigars reveal a perfectly-proportioned and aged Dominican-Nicaraguan tobacco blend flawlessly rolled in Ecuadorian Habano wrappers so silky, you could make them into ties. As the first Ashton cigar blend to introduce Nicaraguan tobacco, Symmetry opens with crisp spice and woody notes as succeeding flavor nuances enter for a perfectly-balanced smoke, and eventually lead to a long, rousing finish.

The Reviewers: First four to respond to this thread that has not done any critique this year or is not slated for one in Jan. or Feb.

1. sar127 (Rob)
 2. BewareDaPenguin (Adam)
 3. Caveman Steve (Steve)
 4. timpellis (Tim)
 5. Michaelbevans61 (Bryce)

Due Date: February 23, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Ted for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Rammstein142

If its allowable, I just finished the Feb first 2 weeks and have the Feb last 2 weeks left, but I would be up for doing another review. Really enjoy doing these critiques! If not then no worries!! :-)
"There is nothing more agreeable than having a place where one can throw on the floor as many cigar butts as one pleases without the subconscious fear of a maid who is waiting like a sentinel to place an ashtray where the ashes are going to fall."

"Ich kenne keine Parteien mehr, ich kenne nur noch Deutsche!" Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Die Schlacht ist gewonnen , haben die Engländer wurde völlig besiegt." Kaiser Wilhelm II

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource." John F. Kennedy

BewareDaPenguin

I'll throw my name in the hat for this one, love Ashton"s and would enjoy doing the review if you will have me. Haven't been on and not much time to smoke but the weather should be turning in time for me to do this review. Appreciate the consideration
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

bmac7754

Id be up to doing if you need a hand.  I did do the first week of January, but have nothing upcoming.

If others jump up and havnt done one, I don't want to bump them of their right.  Rules are rules.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

johncw

Thanks for sponsoring Ted... I'm still waiting until it gets a little warmer before I throw my hat in the ring.

Caveman Steve

I haven't done one in a while.  I'll throw my name in the mix.
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

timpellis

ntanner

Already have a February one but I love me some Ashton's so I will raise my hand just in case you need someone else.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Ted

It looks like we have three volunteers who haven't done one yet so far (BewareDaPenguin, Caveman Steve, and timpellis)? Wanna leave it open one more day for someone who hasn't done one yet, then let Pete pick from the regulars! :D

sar127

Thanks for the offer Ted! I don't know if I'm discerning enough to do a Critique but I guess I can give it a shot.
Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

My earlier offer still stands, I will do this one if needed

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

junglepete

QuoteCfickter - 1/26/2015  5:07 PM

My earlier offer still stands, I will do this one if needed

Thanks Chuck, we're going to hold out a bit for someone who has yet to do one this year.
Guru of Frugality

Cfickter

Not a problem.  I would defer to anyone who wants to do one. Come on Geeks!

BewareDaPenguin

Thanks for having me, and thanks to Ted for sponsoring the critique looking forward to this one :smoker:

Michaelbevans61

I'll throw my name in the hat guy's, I've never done one for the geeks Official, and I would like to give it a shot.
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

junglepete

QuoteMichaelbevans61 - 1/26/2015  9:00 PM

I'll throw my name in the hat guy's, I've never done one for the geeks Official, and I would like to give it a shot.

Okay Bryce, you're in  :-)
Guru of Frugality

Caveman Steve

Really looking forward to trying this cigar.  Thanks for having me!

:biggrin:  

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Michaelbevans61

Looking forward to it!!!! THANKS A BUNCH GUYS!!
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

Michaelbevans61

O and P.S Thanks ted for sponsoring the cigars!! Really looking forward to trying this bad boy out, I've only had a few Ashton's in my day, so I'm excited for this one.
Brent Smith, Shinedown

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteMichaelbevans61 - 1/26/2015  9:33 PM

O and P.S Thanks ted for sponsoring the cigars!! Really looking forward to trying this bad boy out, I've only had a few Ashton's in my day, so I'm excited for this one.

This should be a real treat for you then brother, I've never smoked an Ashton I haven't liked all excellant smokes. The VSG line is one of my top 5 cigars and when I saw this I was lucky to be online to jump in, appreciate the chance to review. :thumbsup:

Michaelbevans61

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 1/27/2015  5:33 AM  
QuoteMichaelbevans61 - 1/26/2015  9:33 PM  O and P.S Thanks ted for sponsoring the cigars!! Really looking forward to trying this bad boy out, I've only had a few Ashton's in my day, so I'm excited for this one.
This should be a real treat for you then brother, I've never smoked an Ashton I haven't liked all excellant smokes. The VSG line is one of my top 5 cigars and when I saw this I was lucky to be online to jump in, appreciate the chance to review. :thumbsup:
I'm humbled that I get to do a geek critique, let alone on such a awesome cigar!!!! Thanks a bunch man! I have had a VSG and from what I remember, it was fantastic :smoker:
Brent Smith, Shinedown

Cfickter

Looking forward to see the ratings and reviews.  I like this cigar

Michaelbevans61

Do we have a idea of when they are going to be sent out??
Brent Smith, Shinedown

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.