March Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 02/23/2015 02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by ItalianGuido (Aaron).

The Cigar: Montecristo Epic Robusto (5.0 x 52)

The Hype: Rolled by the Elite!

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away there was a mystical collection of tobacco experts dubbed the 'Grupo de Maestros.' Their mission was to create the most flavorful, full-bodied blend under the Montecristo name. The result was EPIC! Hands down this is as premium as they come, and the masterminds behind this glorious creation should definitely be commended.

EPIC is the Montecristo for those enthusiasts that want a more robust and fuller-bodied cigar...and boy does it deliver with tsunami-sized waves of flavor. Utilizing vintage Dominican and Nicaraguan filler tobaccos from as early as 2007, this tasty handmade exudes complexity. A pristine Ecuadorian Habano wrapper is delicately lain over a Nicaraguan binder and completes this masterpiece. The result, is an exquisite blend that imparts pleasant notes of spice, cocoa, nuts, earth and coffee.

The Reviewers: the next three members to respond to this thread who has not done more than one critique  this year or is not slated for one in March or April.

1. bmac7754 (Brian)
2. Kevin48438 (Kevin)
3. jharrisx5 (Jason)
4. McBryde (Emerson)
5. mthomason1980 (Matt)

Due Date: March 10, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Aaron for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarguy:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

ntanner

Look's like a tasty cigar. Shouldn't have any problems getting volunteer's for this one. Gonna be a quick turn around though if it's due by the 10th.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

bmac7754

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

junglepete

Quotebmac7754 - 2/23/2015  7:38 PM

I'd be interested.

You're in
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Kevin48438

I can help a brother in need.   If you need someone, i can smoke
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

junglepete

QuoteKevin48438 - 2/23/2015  8:14 PM

I can help a brother in need.   If you need someone, i can smoke

You're in Kevin
Guru of Frugality

bmac7754

Quotejunglepete - 2/23/2015  8:08 PM  
Quotebmac7754 - 2/23/2015  7:38 PM  I'd be interested.
You're in

Thanks, looking forward to it. 

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

McBryde

I'm in, if you'll have me! Looks like a good smoke.

Emerson
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

ItalianGuido

"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

McBryde

Thanks for sponsoring this Aaron! I can't wait to try it!

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

Mine came in today, thanks for the hitch hikers as well!

E

bmac7754

Got Mine today with a couple hitchhikers.  Thanks Aaron.

mthomason1980

Got my EPIC in today, plus a couple friends..

Thanks Aaron

Vroomp

That's a fine cigar and I am looking forward to these reviews! :smoker:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

jharrisx5

Mine showed up today along with the same friends picture above....an impressive selection for me to try!!

Looking forward to the critique!
Puff Puff Give....

Kevin48438

I can say ditto.   Looking forward to smoking it
"I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

"There are two things worth living for, one is a good cigar, the other is a better one." - Unknown

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

ItalianGuido

"Cigars!"  - Gene Hackman from "Young Frankenstein"

bmac7754

Aaron. I know the deadline is approaching quickly but I probably have it done by Monday or Tuesday. Sorry for the delay on this one, been crazy at home.

bmac7754

I got this done and submitted today, kids went home early and had some time to get a smoke in.  Thanks Aaron for letting me do this one.

mthomason1980

Im not sure what happen to my link, I was able to access on friday and print the critique form out to use while reviewing.  I'm trying to enter my review but the link to enter it will not show on anymore. Any suggestions as to why the link has disappeared in me?

SenorPablo

Quotemthomason1980 - 3/9/2015  12:38 AM

Im not sure what happen to my link, I was able to access on friday and print the critique form out to use while reviewing.  I'm trying to enter my review but the link to enter it will not show on anymore. Any suggestions as to why the link has disappeared in me?

You should be good now Matt.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.