Official 2015 NCAA Tourney Bracket Competition

Started by mike.casey, 03/03/2015 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike.casey

This will be the 4th annual NCAA tourney competition here on CG.

If you would like to join all you have to do is create an ESPN login, and find the cigar geeks group.

*You must have a feedback score of greater than 0 to play.*

Please post in this thread when you join the competition. If you do not post in this thread, and I cannot connect your bracket to a group member, your bracket will be deleted.

Here is how it will work:

By filling out a bracket you are pledging 5 cigars with a total value of at least $25. At the end of the NCAA tournament everyone in the contest will send their entry 5er to the winner, and the winner will send the second place winner a 5er.

PLEASE USE YOUR GEEK HANDLE WHEN YOU NAME YOUR BRACKET
(Click 'create new' when joining group to rename your bracket)

ESPN.com

http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2015/en/group?groupID=94758

Group Name: Cigar Geeks
Password: cigargeeks15

Any questions? Ask away...

Last years thread: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=27877.0

Last year's winnings.
 photo EPIC_NCAA_WINNINGS_zpsipevz9wn.jpg
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

ninfiction

I think I joined the group. The webpage isn't working correctly here at work so I'll check again tonight.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

I'm in brother :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

clami

mike.casey

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

johncw

StogieDad

Quotejohncw - 3/4/2015  9:44 AM

I'm ready to defend my title!!!

John can't play on the premise that he has won all of the sports related cigars on the site.....:biggrin:
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

mike.casey

QuoteStogieDad - 3/4/2015  8:50 AM

John can't play on the premise that he has won all of the sports related cigars on the site.....:biggrin:

Didn't somebody start John his own "I'm smoking a ______ courtesy of ______" thread after the NCAA tournament last year?

Ron White

johncw

Quotemike.casey - 3/4/2015  8:53 AM

QuoteStogieDad - 3/4/2015  8:50 AM

Didn't somebody start John his own "I'm smoking a ______ courtesy of ______" thread after the NCAA tournament last year?

Yes and I imagine there will be a need for another one after this years winner.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Caveman Steve

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

mike.casey

Ron White

BewareDaPenguin

Ok I'm in :smoker:

I think lol, the app is kinda strange since I had the bracket last year as well but I think I got it
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nkowal

Brlesq

In. Is Johncw's address correct? I'll get the box ready
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

IndyGopher

I'm in. I tried naming it IndyGopher, but when I log in through the app, I still see my ESPN name : abeln2627.  That's me though!  2nd place last year...time to get that taste outta my mouth!

johncw

QuoteBrlesq - 3/12/2015  4:04 PM

In. Is Johncw's address correct? I'll get the box ready

It's correct!!! :shy:

mike.casey

Alright, we've got an official bracket. Start your ciphering!

Ron White

headfirst

Make room for the new kid on the block boys, my bracket is in!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nirab

Bracket has been filled out and submitted...did I win??  :biggrin:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

Bracket filled out and it only took about 5 mins. Same as last year.

clami

Bracket is filled out, magic 8 ball is worn out.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.