July Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 06/03/2015 01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by CrazyK (Karl). Due to the nefarious product, this one will be an all Canadian venture.

The Cigar: (Cuban) Partagas Serie D No.4 (4.8 x 50) Box Dated: May 2012

The Hype: Hands-down, this is one of the best Robustos on the market. This will go head-to head with the Cohiba Robustos and hold its own. A powerful smoke, this will give any cigar smoker a true appreciation of the Partagas line.

The Reviewers:

1. mojo66 (Sebastien)
2. Horrido (Mark)
3. Newbhunter (Pat)
4. Biggsy16 (Rich)
5. Apollo (Stephen)

Due Date: June 25, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Karl for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarguy:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nirab

Oh, so now us US Geeks are being singled out!! Pesky Canucks!  :biggrin:  :shy:  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

Did one in April but if you have no takers I would love to have this one

danb6177

Quotenirab - 6/3/2015  4:51 PM

Oh, so now us US Geeks are being singled out!! Pesky Canucks!  :biggrin:  :shy:  :angel:

Its paybacks for keeping the stanley cup in the US for the last few decades. But then again who needs cups when you got cubans  :smoker:
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

CrazyK

LOL definitely!

Quotedanb6177 - 6/3/2015  5:06 PM

Its paybacks for keeping the stanley cup in the US for the last few decades. But then again who needs cups when you got cubans  :smoker:
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

CrazyK

I have confirmations from Rich, Sebastien and Mark so far. Pat, please post up as soon as you can to accept or decline. Stephen, I'll add to you the stand-by list and I'll let you know as soon as I can. Thanks to those that have already accepted this certainly difficult task. Your sense of self-sacrifice will be rewarded :-)
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

horrido

QuoteCrazyK - 6/3/2015  3:56 PM

I have confirmations from Rich, Sebastien and Mark so far. Pat, please post up as soon as you can to accept or decline. Stephen, I'll add to you the stand-by list and I'll let you know as soon as I can. Thanks to those that have already accepted this certainly difficult task. Your sense of self-sacrifice will be rewarded :-)

Thanks again for the invite but you better mail it soon since Canada post is snail post in these parts. I think they use mules once it hits Saskatoon. See map mule transport drop off and switch from plane. lol

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Saskatchewan/@52.9399159,-106.4508639,4z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x52f871b12365762f:0x15342b5792c2e1 :lmao:  :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

ntanner

Well I guess this makes up for all those times no one from up north got to participate but let's not make a habit out of this. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

CrazyK

Quotehorrido - 6/3/2015  6:21 PM

QuoteCrazyK - 6/3/2015  3:56 PM

Thanks again for the invite but you better mail it soon since Canada post is snail post in these parts. I think they use mules once it hits Saskatoon. See map mule transport drop off and switch from plane. lol

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Saskatchewan/@52.9399159,-106.4508639,4z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x52f871b12365762f:0x15342b5792c2e1 :lmao:  :lmao:

Dude, you live way out in the boonies! Though Canmore isn't quite as bad as some, I will be sure to get them all boxed up and sent out ASAP.
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

biggsy16

Hey Mark I have worked for CPC for 30 years, what is your exact address again as  I might have to redirect that Cuban beauty.Can't wait Karl for that # 4 kick.
Rich
Never done being a Dad

mthomason1980

If you still need a 5th reviewer, I'd love to try this one, never been able to get my hands on a cuban yet!!!

Mojo66

Thanks for doing this Karl, I'm looking forward to reviewing this stick. I.ll get to compare that 2012 with a few I have from different years, some older some younger. It will be a Partagas summer.

BTW, will we have the pleasure of seeing you in Montreal this summer? If so, let's plan something, maybe even Pete will be on the North side of the border for the summer

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

CrazyK

Sounds like a good idea Sebastien! I miss having a friendly place to smoke! I'll try to make it happen!

Stephen (appollo) has graciously volunteered to be reviewer number 5, so all the spots are filled. Your cigars went out today gents, here are the tracking numbers:

Pat 0102995000315520
Mark 0102995000315537
Sebastien 0102995000315544
Rich 0102995000315551
Stephen 0102995000315568

Please post up when you receive them, hopefully by the end of next week!
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

nirab

Quotedanb6177 - 6/3/2015  4:06 PM

I'll take the Kup over Cubans any day! :biggrin:  :shy:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

Quotenirab - 6/5/2015  5:36 PM

It is a trade off the only thing that keeps it even is that most of the players are Canadian :shy:  :biggrin:

horrido

Quoteappollo - 6/5/2015  3:44 PM

Quotenirab - 6/5/2015  5:36 PM

It is a trade off the only thing that keeps it even is that most of the players are Canadian :shy:  :biggrin:

Ah! we can play hockey anywhere anytime in the the world - kinda like the Seal teams....except we have sticks and pucks to shoot with. :biggrin:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Mojo66

QuoteCrazyK - 6/5/2015  3:03 PM  Sounds like a good idea Sebastien! I miss having a friendly place to smoke! I'll try to make it happen!  Stephen (appollo) has graciously volunteered to be reviewer number 5, so all the spots are filled. Your cigars went out today gents, here are the tracking numbers:  Pat 0102995000315520 Mark 0102995000315537 Sebastien 0102995000315544 Rich 0102995000315551 Stephen 0102995000315568  Please post up when you receive them, hopefully by the end of next week!

Thanks Karl, will be on the lookout. By the way, do you have the box code, I am just curious cause I have a few left from a box ABR12 box and it will be cool to compare. These have been one of my favorites for years so I have smoked many and still have a few of different years. Will make it even more fun to compare them all this summer :dancing:

Mojo66

Getting married and the crazy year you are having did nothing to your Geek spirit and generosity Karl. Thanks for the tough protectors you sent to accompany the review stick, they all made it safe and sound.

These cigars are nice Karl but I need your help cause I can't quite be certain what the Tatuaje and LFD are.
I think the Tat is a Limited Release Black Label Corona Gorda 2013 but it could be another year.
The LFD, by size, should be a Factory Press II Limitado (2007) but that would be just plain crazy. It can't be a 2013 (60 RG) and it is definitely a FPL, but a 2007 LE  :-0

Whatever they are they are spectacular hitchhikers, thank you so much brother. I even got the box code of the PSD4  I am to review:dancing:

Classy dude this Ontarian Geek, check it out

appollo

CrazyK

Glad they made it! One down, four to go.

You are correct about the Tat, and the LFD is a FPL 2013, I suppose they measure them before the pressing ;-) I think I only have 1 single 2007 FPL LE left, I remember buying them by the tray back then... Man they were sooo good!

Enjoy!

QuoteMojo66 - 6/8/2015  8:48 PM

Getting married and the crazy year you are having did nothing to your Geek spirit and generosity Karl. Thanks for the tough protectors you sent to accompany the review stick, they all made it safe and sound.

These cigars are nice Karl but I need your help cause I can't quite be certain what the Tatuaje and LFD are.
I think the Tat is a Limited Release Black Label Corona Gorda 2013 but it could be another year.
The LFD, by size, should be a Factory Press II Limitado (2007) but that would be just plain crazy. It can't be a 2013 (60 RG) and it is definitely a FPL, but a 2007 LE  :-0

Whatever they are they are spectacular hitchhikers, thank you so much brother. I even got the box code of the PSD4  I am to review:dancing:

Classy dude this Ontarian Geek, check it out
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

appollo

Received my stick today what a surprise when I opened the package.Not only was the critique stick tehre but four other high end sticks.Thanks very much Karl look forword to smoking them all in the future.

CrazyK

Glad they made it all the way out to you already! Enjoy!
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

CrazyK

Looks like everyone received their sticks EXCEPT Mark... Man, you really do live out in the boonies! Canada Post is estimating June 17 as the delivery date... Really sorry, but at least it isn't winter I guess! It still gives you a week to allow it to rest.
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

biggsy16

Karl, I got mine will post pics Sunday, sorry working about 72 hours a week right now. This will be my Fathers day cigar and review.Thanks again
Never done being a Dad

appollo

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.