October Member Sponsored Geek Critique (Last Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 09/21/2015 11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by sjn1117 (Stephen)

The Cigar: Kristoff Maduro Lancero (7.5 x 40)

The Hype: The Kristoff Maduro is the extension of Kristoff's first and popular cigar, the Kristoff Criollo. Unlike the Criollo, however, the Maduro features a, you guessed it, a maduro wrapper (more specifically, a Brazilian maduro wrapper). And like the original Kristoff Criollo, the Kristoff Maduro offers notes of toasted almond, hints of spice and a sweet finish. The addition of a rich, oily Brazilian Maduro wrapper over Cuban seed Dominican and Nicaraguan tobaccos adds wonderful undertones of earth and licorice, producing an immensely enjoyable and balanced smoking experience.

The Reviewers: Any member who has not done a GC in the last two months, or are scheduled to do one in the near future.

1. Brlesq (Bruce)
2. Kman (Kerry)
3. Sparklepony (John)
4. McBryde (Emerson)
5. Ken Kelley (Ken)

Due Date: October 10, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Stephen for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker2:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

appollo

quickme

McBryde

It looks like you have 5 now. If anyone falls out, I'll be an alternate.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

junglepete

Okay Emerson, you're in on this one.

As for the two Canadian volunteers, sorry guys, this one is on a bit of a time constraint and the sponsor wants to be sure there are no issues that might jeopardize the due date. My apologies.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Ken Kelley

Well, heck. I've never seen a Kristoff I didn't like so pencil me in for slot No. 5 if it hasn't been taken already.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

quickme

Quotejunglepete - 9/22/2015  3:43 PM

Okay Emerson, you're in on this one.

As for the two Canadian volunteers, sorry guys, this one is on a bit of a time constraint and the sponsor wants to be sure there are no issues that might jeopardize the due date. My apologies.

no problems!!  Looking forward to hearing the reviews

McBryde

Anyone gotten these yet? Mine have not landed yet, and we have 9 days until the review is supposed to be in. Just curious!?

E

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Ken Kelley

QuoteMcBryde - 10/1/2015  11:44 AM

Anyone gotten these yet? Mine have not landed yet, and we have 9 days until the review is supposed to be in. Just curious!?

E

I got mine in the morning mail along with a 601 Green Label robusto...thanks for the 601, Stephen. The squeeze is on!  :biggrin:

Brlesq

Stephen handed me mine over the weekend.  Thanks, brother. I'll do my best to find a night to smoke it this week, but a 5 day deadline is a bit unrealistic.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

junglepete

Not sure what is happening here...I see a post that the cigars were delivered on the 23rd of sept. Does anyone still not have their cigar?
Guru of Frugality

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Brlesq

Review submitted.  Thanks again Stephen for including me on this one.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Ken Kelley

I smoked mine this afternoon. I'll get the critique in before the drop dead date.

Kman

Review is in. Thanks again Stephen for asking me to do the review.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Ken Kelley

Mission Complete! Thanks for letting me review this one, Stephen.

McBryde

I can't submit my damn review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep getting an error, have tried it many times now, have a PM in to Peter, but haven't heard anything yet.

E

junglepete

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I have been away. Hopefully all is resolved.
Guru of Frugality

McBryde

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.