November Member Sponsored Geek Critique (First Two Weeks)

Started by junglepete, 09/22/2015 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Ken Kelley (Ken).

The Cigar:  DPG My Father No. 4 Lancero (7.5 x 38)

The Hype: Each leaf in this blend has been hand-selected for optimum aesthetics and flavor. First, you'll notice the pristine wrapper. A Habano-Rosado leaf grown in the misty valleys of Ecuador. Beautiful and dark in color with an oily sheen and pre-light aroma that'll make you froth at the mouth, this wrapper conceals a bold, full-bodied mixture of aged Nicaraguan long-fillers grown from Cuban-seed in Esteli. The smoke is robust, yet elegant, offering heavy notes of pepper on the palate and through the nose complemented by a touch of nuts and dark espresso. My Father is a complex, medium to full-bodied smoke that's surprisingly smooth, creamy at times, and ultimately satisfying.

The Reviewers: Any members who have not done a GC in the last two months, or are scheduled to do one in the near future. Note, this Geek Critique is limited to CONUS deliveries only.

1. nirab (Brian)
2. nwb (Nathan)
3. Stogiedad (Micheal)
4. bigjohn20081983 (John)
5. Kid Montana (Danny)

Due Date: October 24, 2015

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Ken for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

bmac7754

This should be easy to fill, good looking cigar and has great reviews.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Ken Kelley

Quotebmac7754 - 9/22/2015  9:17 AM

This should be easy to fill, good looking cigar and has great reviews.

These cigars have been lounging in my humidor for a few years so they should be pretty good. They are one of my favorite sticks and should be a good experience if you've never tried one before...or even if you have!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Ken Kelley

Quotenirab - 9/22/2015  9:14 PM

I'm a Pepin whore, would love to review this cigar!  :biggrin:

Do you swear on your faith and honor as a loyal Texas citizen that you will truly, without mental reservation or hesitation with no attempt to evade the truth, review this cigar honestly? OK! You're in!  :biggrin:

Ken Kelley

OK, Spot No.1 goes to nirab. We only need 4 more brave souls...

1. nirab

Ken Kelley

nwb

Been a while since I did a critique.  I'm in if you'll have me.
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

I'll do it if you don't mind shipping that far up north, I'm a DPG whore as well.
But if US Geeks come to the plate and you don't need another one I see no problem backing out of this.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nirab

QuoteKen Kelley - 9/23/2015  9:25 AM

Quotenirab - 9/22/2015  9:14 PM

I'm a Pepin whore, would love to review this cigar!  :biggrin:

Do you swear on your faith and honor as a loyal Texas citizen that you will truly, without mental reservation or hesitation with no attempt to evade the truth, review this cigar honestly? OK! You're in!  :biggrin:

You know it brother! Thanks Ken!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Ken Kelley

Quotenwb - 9/23/2015  3:29 AM

Been a while since I did a critique.  I'm in if you'll have me.

You in!  :biggrin:

1. nirab
2. nwb

Mojo66, this one will be for the US zip code inhabitants because the timing is a bit short. Sorry about that one.

That reminds me...nwb or Pete, what's the drop dead date for submitting the critiques?

DonM

I just did one but would be game on this one if you need volunteers!

"The Curmudgeon"

Ken Kelley

QuoteDonM - 9/23/2015  6:06 AM

I just did one but would be game on this one if you need volunteers!

First time I've been able to access the site since yesterday morning. What's going on here?

Anyway, Don, I'll keep you in reserve. I'm hoping to get a few of the new guys to step up to the plate and take a swing. No need to be afraid, New Guys, nobody will bite you...well...maybe nip...but not bite.

Looks I need three more brave souls.

StogieDad

I love a good Pepin stick and I don't think I've done a GC lately.  I'll play!  But of course if a new guy wants to step in, I will graciously move aside.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

C'mon geeks!!! Review a cigar, a free cigar, and it's a My Father cigar...WTF!!!! git off yer arses and review this cigar, dang nabit!  :angry:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

PETE314

I would LOVE to add a review...But my residence location is in the air for the next month.  As I am not sure when the switch takes place....(sometime in the middle of Oct.)  Come November it should at least be solidified if not completely moved in and set up...LOL..
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Ken Kelley

QuoteStogieDad - 9/25/2015  1:41 AM

I love a good Pepin stick and I don't think I've done a GC lately.  I'll play!  But of course if a new guy wants to step in, I will graciously move aside.

You meet the qualifications. I'll put you in.

1. nirab
2. nwb
3. StogieDad

Ken Kelley

QuotePETE314 - 9/25/2015  1:50 AM

I would LOVE to add a review...But my residence location is in the air for the next month.  As I am not sure when the switch takes place....(sometime in the middle of Oct.)  Come November it should at least be solidified if not completely moved in and set up...LOL..

Surely you must have an address you use for must have mail don't you? As long as you haven't done a review in the last two months you are a candidate. If so, send me a PM with the address.

ntanner

I can't believe you are having this much trouble getting reviewers. Great cigar. Wish I was eligable.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

danb6177

Wow this isnt full yet!!! Id do this one in a heartbeat. Full bodied lanceros make me happy. But just did a september critique.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

bigjohn20081983

I have done one review this year but if you need to fill a spot I will do it.
You should hurry up and acquire the cigar habit. It's one of the major happiness's. And so much more lasting than love, so much less costly in emotional wear and tear.
Aldous Huxley

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace.

Raul Julia

I'D rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=bigjohn20081983

Ken Kelley

Quotebigjohn20081983 - 9/25/2015  3:30 AM

I have done one review this year but if you need to fill a spot I will do it.

You meet the criteria. You in!

So now we have...

1. nirab
2. nwb
3. StogieDad
4. bigjohn20081983

PETE314, I'll give you a day or two to get back to me on the address question. Otherwise, I will give the spot to the next eligible applicant.

cavenbk

Too bad I don't do reviews because I would like to get my hands on this cigar.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Kid Montana

Tell you what, I'll jump in on this one if there is still a slot open.  

Edit: s**t, the 1000 point post!

I'd rather have a cigar...

timpellis

I will be in town for the fall so I am game if not too late.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.