Secret Santa/ New Years smokes.

Started by Jackal, 12/17/2009 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackal

Unfortunately I didn't think of this a bit earlier, but would anyone be interested in doing some kind of Secret Santa cigar exchange?  Maybe we could put together a list of participants and use a randomized system to determine who gets who, then send a 5 pack of favorites to the person on your list.  

Since it is so close to Christmas, this could be a New Years celebration.  Mark one cigar as "The New Years Smoke".  We could then all light up our New Years smokes on New Years Day.

I would be happy to organize.

Anyone interested?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Hound10

I would be if we had some other Canadians in the mix!
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

BlackIrish

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

nwb

This is a great idea, but I'll be traveling a good bit.  Have fun with this one!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

With the Holidays fast approaching, I am hoping that we can get enough people in this.  Would like to generate the list by Monday.

If we have a few people North of the boarder, we can split them off to avoid customs and shipping delays/ expenses for sending international.

Let's see what we can get together by the end of the week.

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

sam a

Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

mountedshriner

Count me in Jason! Great idea my friend!!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Jackal

Only wish that I had thought of it a little earlier so it wouldn't be so rushed.  Still we have 5 people aside from myself who have signed up.  The plan is coming together.

rkarkada

Sounds like a cool idea.  Count me in, if there is room for me!!

nwb

Jason, if you are left with an uneven number, then let me know.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

The more the merrier.

Even or odd number will work.  It will be by random drawing, so it doesn't matter if the number is odd.  Most likely you won't get the person who has you.

I would like to get this to 20 or more people if possible.  

I will put a restriction that you have to be veteran status or higher to join in.  Sorry to regulars or lower.  I have to put a cut off point somewhere.  

akira

Great idea!  You can count me in.  Thanks!
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Hot Stuff x

Great Idea!   I can't participate in good conscience, the mail from APOs really gets slow during the Christmas season. 
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Bob Cordell

Let me make sure I understand all I know about this. So we send 5 of OUR favorites to another member? What if I send 5 mild cigars to a guy that likes moose strength cigars? Is there any way to put our preferences out there? Maybe one guy likes maduros better. Is there some dollar range we should try to stick with? Should we scan the members reviews to get some general idea?

I'm not trying to complicate a good idea here, just trying to learn more so we get cigars that we will like...

:confused:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Jackal

If you like you can post your favorites.  Or most people can get a a good idea from the posts that are made.  Like if I was to send you a bunch of cigars, Bob, I would probably send you a bunch of rich tasting maduros.

Anyways, getting something that you don't normally smoke might open you up to some new experiences.

Bob Cordell

Wow, ok, so thats a pretty good guess for me. Ok, I'm in...

I think the reviews are a good way to get an idea!

So, the dollar limit is up to each member. I dont have a ton of super expensives though, maybe 2nd shelf.

Jackal

Also, you can look through the Today's smokes posts.

Bob Cordell

Jackal

OK, so far we have:

Bob Cordell, Hound 10, Black Irish, NES Tek, Sam a, Mounted Shriner, rkarkada and  akira.   :cool:

8 so far; let's see if we can get some more before Monday.

sam a

QuoteJackal - 12/17/2009  6:27 PM

OK, so far we have:

Bob Cordell, Hound 10, Black Irish, NES Tek, Sam a, Mounted Shriner, rkarkada and  akira.   :cool:

what about you?
Any cigars portrayed in this post that appear to be Cuban in origin are completely fictional in nature. Any resemblance between these cigars and actual Cuban cigars is unintended and purely coincidental.

Jackal

Quotesam a - 12/17/2009  4:58 PM

what about you?

Someone's got to run the thing and preserve the Secrecy of the Secret Santa.

However, I have a holiday bomb already planned to go out to one of our BOTLs.  While I was planning the bomb is when I came up with the idea of the exchange.

cmmayo

I'm in the middle of a move and address change, so I will sit this one out.

Cool idea, though.  :shades:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

DennisA

You can add me in to the mix.  Sounds like fun!
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Hound10

QuoteJackal - 12/17/2009  6:27 PM

OK, so far we have:

List me with an asterisk beside my name - if we get another Canadian in the mix (Pete doesn't count because i basically just sent him one of everything i have in another trade!!), then we'll do this as a North of the Border thing. If we don't get another Canadian, I'll withdraw my name so that nobody has ot worry about shipping up here through customs, etc.

Come on Canucks - where are you?!?!
"Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.