January Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 12/16/2015 11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by ninfiction (Brian).

The Cigar: El Gueguense (Foundation Cigar Co.) The Wise Man Corona Gorda (5.875 x 46, NIC)

The Hype: El Güegüense (pronounced  way when say ) or "The Wise Man" is a true Nicaraguan Cigar, the debut cigar and initial line blended under Master Cigar Maker Nicholas Melillo for Foundation Cigar Company. A true Nicaraguan puro, each bale of tobacco that goes into this cigar is hand selected by Melillo with the filler leaves coming from a special vintage crop from years 2011 and 2012. Melillo is personally overseeing production at the Tobacco Valle de Jalapa (TABSA) facility with production being limited to 225 units per day. El Güegüense is aged in cedar humidors for 30 days before being shipped from Nicaragua ensuring The Wise Man celebrates the Nicaraguan people, land and culture.

The Reviewers:

1. danb6177 (Dan)
2. Vroomp (Brad)
3. Camshaft83 (Cam)
4. 05Venturer (Kent)
5. jharrisx5 (Jason)

Due Date: January 10, 2016

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Brian for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :meansmoke:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

Interesting write up, looking forward to seeing the reviews
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

I smoked one last weekend that a friend had given me. It is a great cigar.  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

05Venturer

Got mine in the mail today :thumbsup:
Thanks for the sweet hitchiker bud :rocker:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

appollo

ninfiction

Quote05Venturer - 12/17/2015  4:43 PM

Got mine in the mail today :thumbsup:
Thanks for the sweet hitchiker bud :rocker:

You're welcome Kent. Not bad considering I dropped them off at 330 yesterday.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Vroomp

Quote05Venturer - 12/17/2015  5:43 PM  Got mine in the mail today :thumbsup:  Thanks for the sweet hitchiker bud :rocker:

Geez~!!!  That was fast~!!! :confused:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

ninfiction

QuoteVroomp - 12/17/2015  9:12 PM

Quote05Venturer - 12/17/2015  5:43 PM  Got mine in the mail today :thumbsup:  Thanks for the sweet hitchiker bud :rocker:

Geez~!!!  That was fast~!!! :confused:  

We live about 2 hours apart.

The rest are scheduled to land Saturday or Monday. :biggrin:

Vroomp

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Camshaft83

QuoteVroomp - 12/17/2015  9:08 PM

Did you fly it over on a drone? :confused:

:lmao:  :lmao:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

ninfiction

QuoteVroomp - 12/17/2015  10:08 PM

Did you fly it over on a drone? :confused:

You know those tubes at bank drive thru's...yeah

Vroomp

Received mine today as well as a Kick Azz hitchhiker~!!! :dancing:

Thank you so much~!!!  :smoker:

ninfiction

danb6177

Got the stick in today Brian as well as that hitchhiker. Wasnt sure if id ever see one of those in my humidor. Much appreciated brother. Looking forward to reviewing this cigar!
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

ninfiction

jharrisx5

Mine showed up today also...along with a wishlist extra!  Thanks buddy
Puff Puff Give....

ninfiction

Camshaft83

Got mine today and the box also included a wishlist stick. Thank you.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

ninfiction

Excellent, looks like they all landed safely.

Enjoy Cam!

ninfiction

Just a reminder, you guys have 1 week to get this done.

Vroomp

I'll get mine in this week.  :smoker:

I've been too tired in the evenings to do any in-depth reviewing lately since during the holidays is when we work the most~! I've had only two days off in the past 42.... :sad:

jharrisx5

I will get mine finished tomorrow or Tuesday most likely...looking forward to it!
Puff Puff Give....

Camshaft83

Thanks for the reminder. Planning on getting mine done on Saturday.

danb6177

Yep mine will be done saturday as well.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.