April Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 01/07/2016 02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Vroomp (Brad).

The Cigar: My Father  La Antiguedad

The Hype: Allow me to introduce La Antiguedad, the second box-pressed line from Pepin Garcia and My Father cigars. Meaning 'The Antiquity,' La Antiguedad joins Flor de las Antillas as a representation of the Garcia family's Cuban heritage. Once a Cuban brand, La Antiguedad utilizes the original box artwork, and employs a traditional blend of Cuban-seed tobaccos to create yet another masterpiece from the hands of Pepin Garcia.

An expertly blended selection of unique tobaccos were used to create La Antiguedad. A slightly reddish-hued Ecuadorian Habano Rosado Oscuro wrapper blankets a double Nicaraguan binder, one Criollo the other Corojo. Inside, a collection of Nicaraguan tobaccos from three prominent growing regions. Aged a minimum of three and a half years, these tobaccos produce a very complex, yet smooth medium to full-bodied profile, and yields notes of cocoa, coffee, leather and a touch of pepper.

The Reviewers: 4 Reviewers who have sponsored a review in the past and have not done one recently. Also one reviewer who has less than one year membership here and has also not done a Geek Critique recently. Note: CONUS delivery only.

1. ntanner (Neal)
2. Cfickter (Chuck)
3. McBryde (Emerson)
4. CharlieOne (Pat)
5. Cigary (Gary)

Due Date: March 24, 2016.

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to Brad for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarman:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

Great choice, Brad I would be interested in doing this review
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Mojo66

I would love to do this one.

I do meet the qualification standards but I still am a Canuck so, if it doesn't fly, I don't mind stepping to the sides to let someone else do this one. I'm easy like that :biggrin:

But if you couldn't care less where I live, you can count me in.

Thanks for organizing this Brad.
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

bstessl

I have not sponsored, and the last GC was in November, I'm guessing thats too soon, but if not, I'd love to get in on this one.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

McBryde

I have not sponsored one either. What is up with all the critiques lately needing to have sponsored a critique?

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nirab

I'm signed up to do the Feb GC, but if that does not exclude me, I'd love to review this one. LOVE me some Pepin!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

Not scheduled for one yet and would love to get in on this one if you're still looking for people.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Vroomp

Pete,  please add Chuck, Emerson, and Neal for this critique...

Need two more members please~! :?:    Free cigar(s) all you have to do is smoke it :smoker:  and write a short novella about it~! :biggrin:  

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

tjm0831

I would be interested, don't think I fit the criteria though  :confused:

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

CharlieOne

My V  List: nirab, raize, millarddj, Kman, DRuff, junglepete

Cigary

(Rubbing hands together)....been awhile since I've done one of these and the brand is a good one but not had the pleasure of smoking more than one ( and not this one ) so my hat just got thrown into the ring.  Thx for doing this.

Vroomp

Pete, we can fill this one up with Pat and Gary please..... :bigthumbs:

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

junglepete

This thread has been updated. You're all good to go  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Vroomp

Thanks Pete, I will get these cigars out in the next two days~! :smoker:

McBryde

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

ntanner

Looking forward to trying this one.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Looking forward to this one, thanks Brad

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Vroomp

Ok,  I hope I didn't screw these up! Your cigars are traveling in Davidoff tubes (since I seem to have an abundant supply of them lately) in padded envelopes. Please open them immediately and insure there was no damage to your cigar  & humidify as you see fit.....

Emerson, your package is slightly different since I sent you a few things I thought you could use with your projects (& Stuff), but your cigar is also traveling in a tube so please check it and search the contents carefully~! :shades: 

Emerson- 9405 8036 9930 0195 6504 00  (so special it gets a link~!)

Chuck- 9500 1000 1563 6050 0002 94

Neal- 9500 1000 1563 6050 0003 00

Gary- 9500 1000 1563 6050 0003 17

Pat- 9500 1000 1563 6050 0003 24

Sorry I went the cheap route with you guys, but vacation time is just around the corner and the boss has put her foot down~!  :biggrin:

I managed to get all these mailed for $16.76 :dancing: (although last year I could have done it for $12.45~!) :-(

ntanner

Will be watching for it. Thanx again for including me in this one.

Cigary

Can't wait for this one ...Thx again for letting  us be a part of reviewing something we already  love doing in the first  place...just a pleasure of having  your  cake and eating it too.

Just received the cigar and it looks great....will let it rest and have at it.

ntanner

Got the cigar today. Looks pretty tasty.

1sgjeffward

Just throwing this out for any reviews I'M IN :biggrin:

Pete, are there any for the year that need a special sponsor??? My very last one I hosted was Halloween 2012 and I KNOW I have more that enough great, aged and gotta go smokes to knock one out of the park. LMK. Jeff Ward
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

McBryde

Cfickter

Mine arrived yesterday, perfect shape, great idea to use the tubo

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.