December Member Sponsored Geek Citique

Started by nwb, 10/26/2016 07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by johncw (John)

The Cigar: Crowned Heads LE 2015 Mason Dixon Project Southern Edition

The Hype - Halfwheel
http://halfwheel.com/crowned-heads-mason-dixon-project-returning-for-2015/97722
The Mason-Dixon Project—Limited Edition is returning, but with completely new blends.

As with last year's inaugural release from Crowned Heads, there will be two different blends, one sold in stores residing in states north of the Mason-Dixon line, and one sold in states that are located south of the line. Blend-wise, The Mason-Dixon Project—Limited Edition 2015 Northern Edition,  sports an Ecuadorian habano wrapper covering binder and filler tobaccos from Nicaragua while the Southern Edition incorporates a Connecticut broadleaf wrapper and  Nicaraguan binder and filler tobaccos.

"Last year's MDP LE inaugural release was very well-received; especially the Northern Edition which utilized a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper," Crowned Heads co-owner Jon Huber told halfwheel in an email. "So for this year's release, we wanted to take that blend's 'base' and turn the volume up a bit for the Southern Edition. This year's Northern Edition sports a beautiful dark-brown Habano wrapper and is a bold yet balanced blend that combines sweet and spice.  We also box-pressed both cigars this year, in order to further differentiate them from the 2014 MDP LE."

The Reviewers to be chosen by John.

Criteria: Those Geeks that haven't done 2 or more critiques this year.

1. benchjockey
2. BewareDaPenguin
3. gitfiddl
4. Gustoff
5. shakinghorizons

Due date: November 25, 2016

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this new initiative in place.

Thanks again to John for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin' :cigarman:
Chief of Shaft

benchjockey

Love the Northern Edition, would like to try the Southern.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

shakinghorizons

I've never been part of a "Citique" before! :hypno:

tjm0831

johncw

BenchJockey and Shakinghorizons are in..

MacMac and tjm0831 I'll put you on the list incase I don't get enough volunteers as you've done 2 or more reviews this year.

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

BewareDaPenguin

Only done 1 so far this year a couple months ago I'd be happy to throw my name in, thanks :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

johncw

gitfiddl and BewareDaPenguin are in... thanks for volunteering

Need 1 more

tjm0831

Quotejohncw - 10/27/2016  8:49 AM

BenchJockey and Shakinghorizons are in..

MacMac and tjm0831 I'll put you on the list incase I don't get enough volunteers as you've done 2 or more reviews this year.

:bigthumbs:

gitfiddl

Quotejohncw - 10/27/2016  10:28 AM

gitfiddl and BewareDaPenguin are in... thanks for volunteering

Need 1 more

Cool and thanks!
 :dancing:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

BewareDaPenguin

Gustoff

I could be persuaded if you're still looking for participants.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

MacMac

QuoteMacMac and tjm0831 I'll put you on the list incase I don't get enough volunteers as you've done 2 or more reviews this year.

10-4!

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

johncw

QuoteGustoff - 10/27/2016  7:15 PM

I could be persuaded if you're still looking for participants.

Doesn't appear you've done one this year so you are in.

thanks everyone who volunteered. Didn't take long to fill up.

I'll try and get the cigar out quickly.

Thanks

Gustoff

I do appreciate it Sir! To be fair, I did one review earlier this year. If someone hasn't done one, feel free to give them a chance. Otherwise I'll enjoy the opportunity!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

johncw

QuoteGustoff - 10/28/2016  1:11 PM

I do appreciate it Sir! To be fair, I did one review earlier this year. If someone hasn't done one, feel free to give them a chance. Otherwise I'll enjoy the opportunity!

You are good... I was limiting it to 2 or more. Trying to get some new reviewers out there and I think we have a great line up.

Thanks

Gustoff

Excellent! Thanks for letting me take part John!
 ~Ernest Hemingway

shakinghorizons

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Cfickter

Good luck guys, look forward to the reviews
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

johncw

Nathan,  should be Gustoff listed on there instead of me... thanks

nwb

Quotejohncw - 10/28/2016  5:32 PM

Nathan,  should be Gustoff listed on there instead of me... thanks

Sorry about that.
Chief of Shaft

johncw

Justin - 9405803699300332308300
David - 9405803699300332308317
Colin - 9405803699300332308324
Adam - 9405803699300332308331
Barry - 9405803699300332308348

BewareDaPenguin

Thanks again looking forward to it :smoker:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.