Back in the swing of things

Started by Twinky, 03/08/2010 11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twinky

Now that Im on spring break I should be able to make a few more apperences here. I hope every one is doing well.
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

lowpro75

What are you going to do about the pass you lost?
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Twinky

Quotelowpro75 - 3/8/2010  1:08 PM

Im not the one who sent the pass to the wrong address. My address was updated long before the pass came back to me. I cant lose some thing that I never receved.

gitfiddl

QuoteTwinky - 3/8/2010  5:04 PM

Im not the one who sent the pass to the wrong address. My address was updated long before the pass came back to me. I cant lose some thing that I never receved.

Well then welcome back, I guess... :-0
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Twinky

I realize that alot of you guys are probly pissed at me, I cant blame you for that. If this had happened to one of you, I have to say it would be hard for me not to be pissed as well. Ive been to the address that the pass went to, and there is no sgin of it. Who ever sent the pass to me, didnt use my current address. And I didnt advertise that I had moved as well as I could have. I hate the pass was lost, and Ive done all I can to try to retreve it.

ratboy

QuoteTwinky - 3/8/2010  3:04 PM

I just want to make sure I've got this right. You knew you were next in line for a pass, it was delivered on the 28th of December, you don't mention anything about not getting it for almost 3 weeks, you then promise to look into it over the weekend, no one hears from you for about 10 days, you say no one was home, (I mean you couldn't leave a note or something?), you then disappear for about a month and a half and you bear no responsibility for the pass? Oh, and everyone is supposed to be happy you are back? I mean if you stepped up and said, "Hey Ill buy some smokes to get the pass started again (which about 8 other people did volunteer to do) that would be one thing, but your lack if interest, responsibility and, action makes it stunning to me and others that you would expect anything other than a chilly reception upon your return.  :crazy: I'm sorry it seems like your a decent fellow but I'm pretty sure a lot of people think you could have communicated and stepped up a bit better.

Twinky

Quoteratboy - 3/8/2010  5:25 PM

I just want to make sure I've got this right. You knew you were next in line for a pass, it was delivered on the 28th of December, you don't mention anything about not getting it for almost 3 weeks, you then promise to look into it over the weekend, no one hears from you for about 10 days, you say no one was home (in an apartment complex the absurdity of this is statement almost funny), you then disappear for about a month and a half and you bear no responsibility for the pass? Oh, and everyone is supposed to be happy you are back? I mean if you stepped up and said, "Hey Ill buy some smokes to get the pass started again (which about 8 other people did volunteer to do) that would be one thing, but your lack if interest, responsibility and, action makes it stunning to me and others that you would expect anything other than a chilly reception upon your return.  :crazy:

My address was updated in mid April. The pass was sent to the wrong address in December. How am I at falt for some one sending it to the wrong place? If I had the cash to replace the whole pass I would have. I would have been on much more often but school and various other things kept me away. Im not trying to put the blame on any one else, Im just trying to point out that the mistake made, wasnt made by me.

junglepete

Couldn't you speak to the people at the address where they were delivered??
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Twinky

Quotejunglepete - 3/8/2010  5:42 PM

Ive tried. As far as I can tell they didnt stay long. I tried getting to them up to the middle of January but there was no one there. I go by every moring on my way to class, and all of the patio furniture is gone, has been for a few weeks.

ratboy

QuoteTwinky - 3/8/2010  3:34 PM

Quoteratboy - 3/8/2010  5:25 PM

I just want to make sure I've got this right. You knew you were next in line for a pass, it was delivered on the 28th of December, you don't mention anything about not getting it for almost 3 weeks, you then promise to look into it over the weekend, no one hears from you for about 10 days, you say no one was home (in an apartment complex the absurdity of this is statement almost funny), you then disappear for about a month and a half and you bear no responsibility for the pass? Oh, and everyone is supposed to be happy you are back? I mean if you stepped up and said, "Hey Ill buy some smokes to get the pass started again (which about 8 other people did volunteer to do) that would be one thing, but your lack if interest, responsibility and, action makes it stunning to me and others that you would expect anything other than a chilly reception upon your return.  :crazy:

My address was updated in mid April. The pass was sent to the wrong address in December. How am I at falt for some one sending it to the wrong place? If I had the cash to replace the whole pass I would have. I would have been on much more often but school and various other things kept me away. Im not trying to put the blame on any one else, Im just trying to point out that the mistake made, wasnt made by me.

Waiting 3 weeks after the arrival date to bother to check for the pass isn't your fault? Not bothering to keep people updated isn't your fault? Don't insult us with life is busy BS, everyone has a busy life. You're a college student, who may or may not have a part time job. Not an ER physician who does pro bono legal work in his "spare" time. If you don't have time to keep up the pass then don't do them. The fact that you couldn't be bothered to offer to put 10 cigars in to start a new pass is part of the problem. Hell, a whole bunch of other people were more than willing to. No one (most at least) wouldn't expect you to replace 51 sticks, I mean things do happen and people on this site are very reasonable. This whole thing could have been easily been avoided with a little communication on your part and the fact that you didn't communicate is most certainly is your fault.

gitfiddl

Maybe it's just me, but I have to give you some props for checking back in.  My thinking leads me to believe you're either A) on the up and up, or 2) have stones bigger than, well, mine!

Either way, time will tell.  For the time being, I for one say welcome back, but tread lightly.  Some around here, if you remember, aren't as forgiving or drunk as I am right now!
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

dieselcricket

School couldn't have kept you that busy, you spelled "Appearances" and "Recieved" wrong.  Sorry, just had to do it. :biggrin:
I'll keep out of this one.
"....but I also smoke when I'm by myself and it makes me feel like I'm not by myself. If you have a cigar, it's like a little bit of company."--George Lopez

junglepete

QuoteTwinky - 3/8/2010  5:51 PM

Ive tried. As far as I can tell they didnt stay long. I tried getting to them up to the middle of January but there was no one there. I go by every moring on my way to class, and all of the patio furniture is gone, has been for a few weeks.

So are saying that they moved out for sure?? What does it mean when you say 'as far as I can tell'?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Dave S.

Quotedieselcricket - 3/8/2010  2:56 PM

School couldn't have kept you that busy, you spelled "Appearances" and "Recieved" wrong.  Sorry, just had to do it. :biggrin:
I'll keep out of this one.

Dieselcricket, there was also "falt," instead of fault.

Is that piling on?
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

Twinky

Quotegitfiddl - 3/8/2010  5:55 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I have to give you some props for checking back in.  My thinking leads me to believe you're either A) on the up and up, or 2) have stones bigger than, well, mine!

Either way, time will tell.  For the time being, I for one say welcome back, but tread lightly.  Some around here, if you remember, aren't as forgiving or drunk as I am right now!

Oh, I know Im on thin ice, but Im trying to make amends. To most every one here Im the lowest form of SOB, but I hope to prove, that Im at least an honest son of a bitch.

Ive gone back threw to try and find the DC# for when it was sent to me, and I cant find it.

Twinky

Quotejunglepete - 3/8/2010  5:58 PM

So are saying that they moved out for sure?? What does it mean when you say 'as far as I can tell'?

They were there, and now they are gone. I dont know how long they stayed, but it wasnt very long.

Twinky

QuoteDave S. - 3/8/2010  6:01 PM
Dieselcricket, there was also "falt," instead of fault.

Is that piling on?

Yeah, but it dont realy matter.

Bob Cordell

Now correct me if I'm wrong but you may have updated the address on your profile page but wasnt the old address on the "participants" page?

:confused:

Dave S.

QuoteTwinky - 3/8/2010  3:04 PM

Oh, I know Im on thin ice, but Im trying to make amends. To most every one here Im the lowest form of SOB, but I hope to prove, that Im at least an honest son of a bitch.

Ive gone back threw to try and find the DC# for when it was sent to me, and I cant find it.

Dieselcricket, now you can ad "every one" for everyone, "try and find" for try to find, and "threw" for through.

George Armstrong Custer

junglepete

QuoteTwinky - 3/8/2010  6:05 PM

They were there, and now they are gone. I dont know how long they stayed, but it wasnt very long.

But how do you know they are no longer living there??
Guru of Frugality

Twinky

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/8/2010  6:09 PM

Now correct me if I'm wrong but you may have updated the address on your profile page but wasnt the old address on the "participants" page?

:confused:

No, when you update on your profile, it also changes it on the pass page.

Dave S.

QuoteTwinky - 3/8/2010  3:07 PM

Yeah, but it dont realy matter.

Try, yeah, but it doesn't really matter.

Are you a college student?

George Armstrong Custer

Twinky

Quotejunglepete - 3/8/2010  6:10 PM

QuoteTwinky - 3/8/2010  6:05 PM

But how do you know they are no longer living there??

All the crap outside is gone and all the blinds are open. There is no one in that appartment now.

Bob Cordell

Well I'm struggling to understand how anybody got the OLD address then, its not like we have each others addresses memorized. Something isnt adding up here!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.