MMAO - CI

Started by bklein128, 07/29/2010 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bklein128

Has anyone here used the Make Me an Offer section of Cigars International?  I never noticed it until today.  Can you actually get a good deal from it as opposed to Monster or Joe's?

lowpro75

Yes.  My experience had been that you can get better deals on cigarbid but MMAO has some stuff that cigarbid doesn't.  If you are inclined to try it I would suggest the following:

1. Start low, if the same lot is offered on cigarbid, my experience is that the lowest offer they will accept is the quickbuy price, however, you should start lower just in case.  Jambalaya or daily deal pricing is something else you may want to use as a benchmark, but see #2.

2. Remember to factor in shipping since you can get free shipping on most CI products.

3. I would use this if I am impatient and don't want to wait for cigarbid or to bid on higher end stuff to see if I can get a deal.  I've gotten Perdomo Edicition de Silva's for 10 bucks a piece on MMAO.  

Good luck and keep us posted if you do it.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Brlesq

I have also used it, and agree with everything Lowpro stated above.

The only thing to add is that they limit you to 3 bids per day on each item.  That can be a pain in the butt if you are only ticking up your bid by a buck or two each round, because you will get locked out (on that item) for 24 hours.  

I have made a few really good scores on price, but gotta watch the shipping costs, too.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ROTHNH

Good advice here on MMAO.

One thing I can add that I think is important is that I can see how some people would have a lot of fun with this but others would see it as 'way too much work and time consuming for the actual reward.  

But like others mentioned, MMAO does offer the possibility of getting a good (not great) prices on certain cigars you can't find on CBid and even cigars you can't find anywhere else on line -- I got a box of the original white label Perdomo La Tradicion robustos 12-18 months ago from MMAO, long after Perdomo discontinued them for just under $100.

wescat

I have bought a lot of cigars off of the CI MMAO, but not in a long time. Here are some CG dicussions  that are germane:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=3959.0

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=3992.0
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Shukpaw

To be redundant, Rich summed it up well.

I was waiting for a humidor to become available on Cbid that hadn't been there for a little while.  I found it on MMAO and oftered the quick bid price and got it.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Jackal

They weren't thrilled of my offer of $80 for a box of Perdomo de Silvio  :confused:   Oh well.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nwb

QuoteJackal - 7/29/2010  8:20 PM

They weren't thrilled of my offer of $80 for a box of Perdomo de Silvio  :confused:   Oh well.

:lmao:

I tried to do $70 for a 10-pack of LP#9, which is close to what you can get them on the Jam.  They didn't take it, but in retrospect, I'm glad.  Ended up getting a box of them for much less per stick.  :dancing:
Chief of Shaft

bklein128

Just got a box of 5 Vegas Gold Nuggets for $30.  Thought I would give it a shot as the Quick buy price is usually 45 or so on C-Bid.

nwb

Quotebklein128 - 8/2/2010  5:15 PM

Just got a box of 5 Vegas Gold Nuggets for $30.  Thought I would give it a shot as the Quick buy price is usually 45 or so on C-Bid.

Nice pick up.  :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

consti

I've never won anything on MMAO. I try to give the asking prices on Jams but I usually am told that I am too low.
-Justin

nwb

Quoteconsti - 8/2/2010  11:40 PM

I've never won anything on MMAO. I try to give the asking prices on Jams but I usually am told that I am too low.

Right there with you.  Every offer I've ever made has maxed at the amount you will find the product on the JAM.  No wins thus far... :confused:
Chief of Shaft

DennisA

Quotenwb - 8/3/2010  8:11 AM

Quoteconsti - 8/2/2010  11:40 PM

Right there with you.  Every offer I've ever made has maxed at the amount you will find the product on the JAM.  No wins thus far... :confused:

X3
The few times I've tried it, I was always told the offer is too low, but I've ended up winning a couple on c-bid for less than I offered on MMAO, so it worked out for the better anyway.
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.