What's In the Mail?

Started by metalhead y cigarguy, 05/27/2010 01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalhead y cigarguy

Not sure if this thread has been done before, so if it has then I apologize.

Unfortunately we are not all blessed with a good tobacconist near by, so we rely on internet companies to supply us with our premium and everyday cigars.  So I ask the question. What's in the mail?  Today I ordered from BestCigarPrices.com 2 sample packs.

1. 10 pack sampler called "Maxed-Out!" for the low cost of $35.95.
It includes: Cohiba - Red Dot Churchill, Montecristo - Robusto, Macanudo - Duke of Windsor, La Gloria Cubana - Churchill Natural, Arturo Fuente - Curlyhead Delux, Partagas - Black Label Maximo, Romeo y Julieta - Vintage Cabinet de Cincuenta 748, Baccarat - Rothchild Natural, Medici - Michelangelo, and Kensington - Rothschild.

2. 3 pack promo sampler for $7.95.
It includes: Perdomo - Reserve 10yr Champagne Robusto, H.Upmann - Reserve Lord Rothchild, Kensington - Rothschild

I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

nwb

Some good cigars there.  Enjoy!

Unfortunately, I'm really trying to stay away from buying right now, so there is nothing in the mail  :sad:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

87North

Title: G.A.R. by George Rico Robusto Grande (Single)
Qty: 1
Price: $3.00
Lot #: 897904
Auction Closed: 2010-05-24 23:11:00.0

Title: Padilla 1948 Torpedo (Single)
Qty: 2
Lot #: 897859
Auction Closed: 2010-05-21 23:39:00.0

Title: Nub 358 Cameroon (Single)
Lot #: 897933
Auction Closed: 2010-05-24 23:40:00.0

Title: Padilla 'Obsidian' (belicoso)
Qty: 2
Price: $11.00
Lot #: 896359
Auction Closed: 2010-05-23 20:39:00.0

Title: Bahia Trinidad No. 2 Belicoso - 5-Pack
Price: $7.00
Lot #: 898038
Auction Closed: 2010-05-24 22:55:00.0

Title: Padilla Habano Robusto
Price: $9.00
Lot #: 896363
Auction Closed: 2010-05-23 20:46:00.0

Title: Partagas Spanish Rosado San Augustin
Price: $15.00
Lot #: 896714
Auction Closed: 2010-05-26 21:07:00.0

Sub-total: $65.00
Shipping: $7.20
PA Tax (6%): $0.00
Total Charges: $72.20
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

akira

I tried to stay away, but I've got the following on the way:

Cabaiguan Guapos RX MAD 10pk~
10 CIGARS (reg.$88) 1 $47.50 $47.50

Liga Privada No. 9 Test Flight
   1 SAM 1 Maduro varies @ 34.98

Avo 80th Ann. Belicoso 5 Pack
   1 PACK 5 Natural 6 x 52 @ 57.98

Also have a box of My Father #4's on the way from Podman's shop.

:shamebag:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

dwig

I've stayed clean so far  :-)
but I am seeing some space open up in the humi's  :-0

I feal weakness coming on  :shades:

I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

NES Tek

Quoteakira - 5/27/2010  5:08 AM

I tried to stay away, but I've got the following on the way:

Cabaiguan Guapos RX MAD 10pk~
10 CIGARS (reg.$88) 1 $47.50 $47.50

Liga Privada No. 9 Test Flight
   1 SAM 1 Maduro varies @ 34.98

Avo 80th Ann. Belicoso 5 Pack
   1 PACK 5 Natural 6 x 52 @ 57.98

Also have a box of My Father #4's on the way from Podman's shop.

:shamebag:

You never told me about the MF's. Damn Mike, I'll need to take a bunch of these cigars off your hands since you'll have no room. :biggrin:
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Dave S.

5 ea., 601 Green Label, Robusto, $17.00
10 ea., La Aroma de Cuba, Monarch, $46.00
5 ea., Oliva Serie 'V' Sungrown, Churchill, $23.00
5 ea., Alec Bradley Prensado, Robusto, $18.00
5 ea., Alec Bradley Prensado, Gran Toro, $20.00

:biggrin:
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

consti

Same here. On the way:

2 Boxes - Oliva Serie G Toro Tubos
2 Free Boxes - Oliva Series 6 Sampler.

I just couldn't pass up the deal. I guess it's not so bad. It's my first purchase of the month.
-Justin

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

NES Tek

Just came in today, box of Rocky Patel Juniors Maduro. Monster a couple days ago.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

mcdimond

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 5/26/2010  11:36 PM

Not sure if this thread has been done before, so if it has then I apologize.

Unfortunately we are not all blessed with a good tobacconist near by, so we rely on internet companies to supply us with our premium and everyday cigars.  So I ask the question. What's in the mail?  Today I ordered from BestCigarPrices.com 2 sample packs.

1. 10 pack sampler called "Maxed-Out!" for the low cost of $35.95.
It includes: Cohiba - Red Dot Churchill, Montecristo - Robusto, Macanudo - Duke of Windsor, La Gloria Cubana - Churchill Natural, Arturo Fuente - Curlyhead Delux, Partagas - Black Label Maximo, Romeo y Julieta - Vintage Cabinet de Cincuenta 748, Baccarat - Rothchild Natural, Medici - Michelangelo, and Kensington - Rothschild.

2. 3 pack promo sampler for $7.95.
It includes: Perdomo - Reserve 10yr Champagne Robusto, H.Upmann - Reserve Lord Rothchild, Kensington - Rothschild

Nice selections! I have nothing on order currently, but I do have several decent B&Ms in my area.

Actually... You're in Camas? Dude, you're just across the river from us. Come south! We have no sales tax! Might even be able to hook up for a  :beer: or a  :martini:

:cheers:  :singing:
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

cmmayo

In the mail...

Rocky Patel Nicaraguan Flight Sampler II:

4 - Rocky Patel 1961 Toro
4 - RP 'Patel Bros' Toro
4 - Rocky Patel Signature Toro

...first purchase in a loooong time.

(Good thread idea!)
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

metalhead y cigarguy

Quote(Good thread idea!)

I thought it would be a neat idea.  One it allows everyone to brag about what they're buying, and two it helps others to discover new cigars.  For someone that's been a casual smoker of mainly budget smokes over the years it will help me see what others like and allow me to discover new cigars.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

MT21

In the mail:    Berger & Argenti Clasico Rothschild 5 Pack Get 5 Free  $27.50  From Duque Cigars
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

capndutch

I'm on the road this week but the receptionist e-mailed me today to let me know that i have a "package" in the Mail room.

3 8 cigar sampler packs from "Joe's Jamming".  Consisting of (and including the tease that some may be Toro size or larger.)  @ $24.99 each sampler.

2 - CAO 'VR' Mural (4.5" x 44)
2 - CAO Black Ltd. Storm (5" x 50)
2 - CAO Gold Robusto (5" x 50)
2 - CAO Gold Maduro Robusto (5" x 50)

@ $24.99 each sampler.

And of course to take advantage of the free shipping, a box of 50 Villiger Kiels.  (My short smoke).  I believe for $40.99.

And am out of room in my humidors and am fast filling up my tuppedor.

metalhead y cigarguy

Quotecapndutch - 5/28/2010  9:44 PM

I'm on the road this week but the receptionist e-mailed me today to let me know that i have a "package" in the Mail room.

3 8 cigar sampler packs from "Joe's Jamming".  Consisting of (and including the tease that some may be Toro size or larger.)  @ $24.99 each sampler.

2 - CAO 'VR' Mural (4.5" x 44)
2 - CAO Black Ltd. Storm (5" x 50)
2 - CAO Gold Robusto (5" x 50)
2 - CAO Gold Maduro Robusto (5" x 50)

@ $24.99 each sampler.

And of course to take advantage of the free shipping, a box of 50 Villiger Kiels.  (My short smoke).  I believe for $40.99.

And am out of room in my humidors and am fast filling up my tuppedor.

If you need to make room in your humi I would gladly accept the offer to take some off your hands.  :smoker:

MT21

Arrived today:

Tatuaje Havana VI Hermosos
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

akira

I am happy to report that absolutely nothing is in the mail on its way to me!   :biggrin:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Jackal

I am free and clear. (for now at least).

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

nwb

Quoteakira - 6/8/2010  10:59 PM

I am happy to report that absolutely nothing is in the mail on its way to me!   :biggrin:

Ditto!  :dancing:
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Yesterday I got my "winnings" package from Cigarbid:

3 - Tatuaje Havana VI Nobles (5" x 50)
3 - San Cristobal Clasico (5" x 50)
3 - 5 Vegas Miami Toro (6" x 48)
3 - 601 Serie Green Oscuro Trunco (6" x 50)
3 - Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generosos (6" x 50)

Total Price (incl. s&h) = $51.50

$3.43 per cigar.  Not a bad deal for these babies!  :smoker:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

DonM

A box of Tabacos Baez Famosos is on the way!  $52

"The Curmudgeon"

stogiemon

Nothing in the mail for me either, but I have been cruising the sites a lot this week. I feel a weakness coming on...

free shipping on CI is calling me...taunting me..

BTW great thread idea, got some new sites to cruise now. I believe they call that  co-dependent enabling...sometimes referred to as "helpin' a brotha out"

akira

I think I saw a bomb flying somewhere over California...

cmmayo

--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.