Poker with the guys

Started by SenorPablo, 06/23/2007 07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

A bunch of us got together at a nighbors house last night and played some poker.  Unfortunately since it was inside one neighbor's house that doesn't smoke I didn't bring any cigars - just a lot of beer.  It's been awhile since i've played dealer's choice poker.  I usually have played Texas Holdem.

Some i remembered but I had to relearn a lot of games - baseball (everyone's rules are different), anaconda, screw your neighbor, 727, follow the queen, 2 card drop, and then your standard variations of 5 and 7 card draw and studs.  There were a few other that I can't remember the names of right now.

This was a pretty good time and a good chance to get to know the neighbors better.  It was a $20 buy-in and walked away with $70 - up $50!  Go figure  :confused: Maybe i'll spend it at cbid!

It was kind of quiet last night on the site.  Where is everyone?

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mistagordo

That's a nice take.  We havn't played in a few months, but holdem is usually what we play.  Some of those dealer's choice games get so damn complicated.  7 card draw, 1 up, 3 down, 1 up, 2 down, low hold pass to your neighbor, high heart is wild, 5's you double the pot, 6 you get an extra card, take your 3 worste cards and pass 2 neigbors down, jack of spades with ace of diamonds wins you an automatic half the pot....blah...blah.  Too much for me.  :crazy:

Holdem is a great game.

Steve

tnt956

theoldcc

Does anyone play online?  I play on yahoo every now and then, mostly blackjack though.  Although I know some friends go to some sites and have a private poker tournament.  No money involved.
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

SenorPablo

Quotetnt956 - 6/23/2007  3:55 PM

Thanks for the call! :angry:

Sorry man.  It wasn't my house and was a last minute thing thrown together.  Let's do one sometime soon though.  It would have been so much better if we could have had cigars.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

tnt956

Quoteccforme - 6/23/2007  4:21 PM

Does anyone play online?  I play on yahoo every now and then, mostly blackjack though.  Although I know some friends go to some sites and have a private poker tournament.  No money involved.

I play on Poker Stars.  As a matter of fact, I was playing last night while smoking my cigar.  I don't play using real money, just play for fun.

tnt956

Where can we play and smoke cigars?  I guess we can play outside.

SenorPablo

Sure.  We can play out on the deck.  No problem!  It's so nice out in the evenings now.

-Paul

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.