Thompson's Cigar

Started by dddddmorgan, 08/23/2011 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

87North

I've always wondered what businesses expect to accomplish by trying to take advantage of their customers... :mad:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Bob Cordell

Quote87North - 8/24/2011  10:39 AM

I've always wondered what businesses expect to accomplish by trying to take advantage of their customers... :mad:

Well, if you run a whorehouse...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

lubrix

QuoteBob Cordell - 8/24/2011  9:41 AM

Hilarious!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

ROTHNH

Oh -- and a reminder to any "Thompson Virgins" reading this -- better get off your ass and call them if you are notified you're getting a shipment from the "Club," or anything you don't want ...

If you wait too long and the Thompson order that you don't want does get delivered --> YOU pay to send it back to Thompson and -- to add insult to injury -- YOU get the privilege of paying Thompson an additional $7-$8 "restocking" fee!  All that gets deducted from your refund automatically.
  :rolleyes:

87North

QuoteROTHNH - 8/24/2011  9:58 AM

Oh -- and a reminder to any "Thompson Virgins" reading this -- better get off your ass and call them if you are notified you're getting a shipment from the "Club," or anything you don't want ...

If you wait too long and the Thompson order that you don't want does get delivered --> YOU pay to send it back to Thompson and -- to add insult to injury -- YOU get the privilege of paying Thompson an additional $7-$8 "restocking" fee!  All that gets deducted from your refund automatically.
  :rolleyes:

Good advice.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Ken Kelley

Over three years ago I was too dumb to know about Thompson's so I asked them to send me a catalog. I have never ordered anything from them but I still get the catalog every once in awhile. I thought JC Whitney was bad about that but they can't hold a candle to Thompson's.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Ken Kelley

QuoteBob Cordell - 8/24/2011  10:41 AM

Yeah, but in a whorehouse they make sure the customer comes first!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Mozwik

rah0785

I just placed an order for the PDR Value Line Toro's Sampler and the Factory Over Runs Sampler.  Was going to order the PDR Mega Sampler but Monday they listed it OUT OF STOCK, and NO longer available for purchase.  Sent them 2 emails as to why have a sampler as one of their sale items, and then suddenly list it as being HISTORY.  Tuesday, like MAGIC the "Not available" labels DISAPPEARED, and I got one email saying it was IN STOCK and could be ordered if I called.  Got a 2nd email, as I sent two different inquiries, that said it is back ordered and plans to ship 9/15??  Sent a 3rd request today asking WHICH IS IT????

Seems like they just want to get my money and hope I will wait, or choose something else.  I have never seen a company with so many samplers or even cigars back-ordered with estimated shipping dates on them.  If they are selling all the cigars included in these "back-ordered" samplers in 5 packs and boxes, why can't they piece together a couple dozen of the samplers they are included???  Just seem lame to me, which is why my order dropped down to just the two lowest priced items, and thankfully seeing this thread.

sullivan8078

QuoteAlphairon - 8/24/2011  10:10 AM

QuoteBob Cordell - 8/24/2011  10:41 AM

Yeah, but in a whorehouse they make sure the customer comes first!  :biggrin:
Nice pun! :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

Beegerply

Ordered from them 1 time felt like they where scaming me so nevered ordered from them again.
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

rah0785

Well, my first $77 dollar order from Thompson went fairly smooth.  The only thing that was not good at all is I placed a small order around NOON on the 24th and it was not shipped until the afternoon on the 25th.  Cigar Bid does that to me every week, but also give me the best cigars around for 2 or 3 times less then anywhere else.  Over a full day to process and send two 15 stick samplers????  And they do provide you with UPS tracking details.  Emailed me this morning with a direct link to my package delivery page.  Still, the have TONS of controversy surrounding their inventory, stuff being offered that is not actually in stock, and TONS of cigar offers back ordered with shipping dates that ALWAYS turn into BACKORDERED offers.  Purchase one of those in advance you may be waiting until Christmas.

dddddmorgan

Well with my one experience with Thompson's I would say if it only took them a day to ship your order you were lucky.

My order was placed on Friday and didn't ship till Tuesday and since I raised such a stink about being forced into a cigar club that they had to cancel they might screwed me a bit because of the delay and I never received a tracking number.

Anyway, they might have some good buys once in a while but as has been pointed out they have too much inconsistency and are very aggressive in their strong-arm tactics. (Remember I'm a used car salesman)  ;-)
Molon Labe!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.