Tequila Fans????

Started by capndutch, 09/18/2011 05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/19/2011  11:11 AM

I'm neither big enough, strong enough or mean enough to drink tequila, it puts my mouth in gear!

:mad: <--- Bob on tequila!

We used to have a little saying about that sort of thing in the Flying Circus..."Your mouth writes checks your ass can't cash!"
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

vw77guy

Back in college a buddy and I polished of a bodle of Jose.  He was smashed out of his mind and I felt fine.  The next morning, he felt like roses and I felt like I spent my night  :banghead:  banging my head against a brick wall!  Ever since then, all it takes is a shot and i have an instant head ache.

rumrunner88

Don Julio is as good as it gets. Beats the pants off Patron. Cazadores and el jimeador are also up there.

Rx2man

Quoterumrunner88 - 2/21/2012  7:39 PM

Don Julio is as good as it gets. Beats the pants off Patron. Cazadores and el jimeador are also up there.

DJ is good, have you tried El Tesoro de Don Felipe?  good stuff, the pina is kept the entire fermentation process, much more agave flavor.  Not sure if anyone else does it.  But its good stuff.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." ~Winston Churchill

Brlesq

I like lots of brands, but the best, IMHO, is Casa Noble Anejo. Not cheap, but oh-so-smooth!  :cigarguy:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

rumrunner88

QuoteRx2man - 2/21/2012  10:14 PM

DJ is good, have you tried El Tesoro de Don Felipe?  good stuff, the pina is kept the entire fermentation process, much more agave flavor.  Not sure if anyone else does it.  But its good stuff.

I have not. Will pick it up if I ever come across it. Readily available?

Rx2man

QuoteBrlesq - 2/21/2012  8:26 PM

I like lots of brands, but the best, IMHO, is Casa Noble Anejo. Not cheap, but oh-so-smooth!  :cigarguy:

CNA is one I have not tried but have wanted to.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." ~Winston Churchill

Rx2man

Quoterumrunner88 - 2/21/2012  8:37 PM

QuoteRx2man - 2/21/2012  10:14 PM

I have not. Will pick it up if I ever come across it. Readily available?

This link.......I have not looked for this online until now.  I have a bottle of this that I picked up in 2006.  It was at the tail end of this bottle and label.  It is generally considered better than the new square bottles.  I bought the last bottle in AZ in 2006 according to the store as I wanted to buy more of the "old label" and they called the distributor and no more to be had.  I have been looking at the last 2 inches in my bottle thinking I would not be able to get it again.  Imagine my surprise when it is still out there.  That being said the old bottles have a real cork, the new ones do not.  There was some sore of fungus or some crap that messed up corks which is why they moved to synthetic or some s**t like that.  My 1st bottle was bad, there were black floaties in the bottom of the bottle and the cork was bad.  It tasted off as well.  The 2nd I exchanged for was fine.  I am now going to drink some of my old bottle and just might have to re order, asking the seller to check for black floaties at the bottom before shipping.    

http://www.internationalwineshop.com/vsku1026857.html?utm_source=Google%20Products&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=EL%20TESORO%20TEQUILA%20ANEJO

87North

QuoteAlphairon - 2/9/2012  5:25 AM

I used to buy cheap tequila in Ciudad Acuna when I was stationed at Laughlin AFB in Del Rio, TX. $2 a quart and worth every penny!

Then there was that one time I was TDY at Brooks AFB in San Antonio. I met a bunch of young flight nurses who had been in one of the classes I instructed at the USAF School of Health Care Sciences. We got to doing tequila shooters and....well, it got interesting.

I did that one time in Acuna... woke up the next morning, and couldn't remember where I'd left my truck (only time that's ever happened, which is why I still have that truck 16 yrs. later).  Finally found the truck, but after that I stuck w/ beer and rum on my forays over that way.  :lmao:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

chief791

Try AH Ha TORO or Ka repesado. Both great Tequilas.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Rebecca Silverwolf

If I'm going to drink Tequila, it will most likely be Don Julio. Not one I drink very often.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

sjn1117

tequila means avoid mirrors for me...makes me want to fight the s.o.b. that keeps staring and imitating me and im way too old for that
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

Clavius

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 7/14/2012  9:47 PM

If I'm going to drink Tequila, it will most likely be Don Julio. Not one I drink very often.

Agree completely.  Don Julio reposado is exceptional though pricey.  I drank a bottle of it a few months ago and loved every drop of it.

BlackIrish

I like tequila a lot. Don Julio is delicious but I am particularly fond of Milagro. El Espolon is, in my view, the best value out there:  it's as good as tequilas twice the price.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Cigary

El Tesoro de Don Felipe Añejo...best I've ever  had but it will kick your wallets ass a little...I get mine in the Caribbean for about $25...here in the states it goes for around $55.

Clavius

QuoteCigary - 7/28/2012  1:51 AM

El Tesoro de Don Felipe Añejo...best I've ever  had but it will kick your wallets ass a little...I get mine in the Caribbean for about $25...here in the states it goes for around $55.

I've heard good things about El Tesoro.  I'll have to try it sometime.

BigTA

Love trying new Tequila, The 1921 Anejo extra is very tasty, Like it aged and dark....
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

Clavius

So far the longest aged tequila I've tried was a reposado.  I have yet to try an anejo.  But I sure loved that bottle of Don Julio reposado.  I can't imagine not liking the anejo.

Cigary

Reposados are good and have had a variety of them...the anejo just has that little better taste to it which is why I love the El Tesoro de Don Felipe Añejo.

chief791

I picked up 2 bottles of Gila Silver. I got them at the duty free shop in the Dominican Republic. Smooth as silk and very good price. I have not been able to find it here in the States yet.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

mpurtle01

Married, 3 young kids at home, but a bottle of Patron can turn our house into a troublesome dance club.  Insane!  Jose is terrible, but lately I have been infusing liquors, to include tequila, to make them awesome.  Some Jose Cuervo Silver, with about 10 days of ginger and lemongrass...  wow!  Also, if you want to smooth tequila that you can drink straight with no pucker face...  Cazadores...

Vroomp

Quotesouthernrun - 12/30/2011  4:04 AM  The Gran Centenario Tequila (Reposado) is probably the best I've ever tried.

Love the Reposado but, my local store was out so tonight it's:

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

BigTA

1921 Anejo extra,, yummm but I have found El Padrino that is awesome with a splash of some Cliement
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

wbrian

Quoterumrunner88 - 2/21/2012  9:39 PM

LOVE Don Julio.  Drank way too many bottles over the years on vacation in Puerto Vallarta.  That and Herradura are my go to Tequilas.  I'm a sipper, not a shooter.  Drink it like scotch and savor what it does in my mouth.

Later,
B.
Started smoking cigars in July 2012, and took to them madly!
My Humidor: "Da Beast" A Verona Cabinet... http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wbrian

BlackIrish

I like tequila and it likes me back.  Don Julio, Milagro, and many others.

But ive discovered a brand called Espolon.  Under $25 for reposado and you'd think it cost twice that if you drank it blind.  The blanco is fantastic too.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.