Started by Cigahs, 10/14/2011 07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NES Tek

QuoteCigahs - 10/14/2011  12:47 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 10/14/2011  3:37 PM

QuoteCigahs - 10/14/2011  3:27 PM
QuoteBrlesq - 10/14/2011  3:24 PM
QuoteCigahs - 10/14/2011  2:45 PM
Lots of activity on the site right now.. But there's room for much more.. Come on in!! Have some fun!! It's FREE!!

www.cigarsniper.com

Great!  You open the doors to the masses and the site freezes up! :mad:

Remember... this is a Beta test... Developers are fixing every problem they see as they happen.

Keep trying..

OK, Humberto, its all working again.  

So where can click to just shoot Griesemer, Alphairon and NESTek and simply take out the competition?   :confused:  :biggrin:
Smiley

We're working on a thermo-nuclear device for a future version sometime before the Mayan Apocalypse.

Perfect timing! You better hurry up Bruce. Since I haven't done a damn thing around the house this week, My wife may beat you to it.
 :shades:
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Ken Kelley

QuoteBrlesq - 10/14/2011  3:37 PM

QuoteCigahs - 10/14/2011  3:27 PM
QuoteBrlesq - 10/14/2011  3:24 PM
QuoteCigahs - 10/14/2011  2:45 PM
Lots of activity on the site right now.. But there's room for much more.. Come on in!! Have some fun!! It's FREE!!

www.cigarsniper.com

Great!  You open the doors to the masses and the site freezes up! :mad:

Remember... this is a Beta test... Developers are fixing every problem they see as they happen.

Keep trying..

OK, Humberto, its all working again.  

So where can click to just shoot Griesemer, Alphairon and NESTek and simply take out the competition?   :confused:  :biggrin:
Smiley

You can try but if you miss you better be ready to duck!

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Cigahs

FYI to all current players..

We're giving you another 100 bids to play..

Go nuts!!

Romeo

we bidding against each other :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
I think there's to much smoke In this cigar shop I once heard someone say before I threw them out !

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Romeo

not so sure I like having to buy bids when on other sites you can just bid
I think there's to much smoke In this cigar shop I once heard someone say before I threw them out !

NES Tek

QuoteRomeo - 10/14/2011  1:51 PM

It looks like it's similar to those penny bid sites. You buys bids, but hopefully get your item for crazy cheap. Never tried one. You could get a great deal, or spend a lot fo money for nothin'.

Cigahs

QuoteNES Tek - 10/14/2011  4:58 PM

It looks like it's similar to those penny bid sites. You buys bids, but hopefully get your item for crazy cheap. Never tried one. You could get a great deal, or spend a lot fo money for nothin'.

Almost correct... You buy bids and play.. If you lose, you get a second chance to buy the item (if more in stock) at regular FSS price. If not in stock, you'll be offered other comparable products to purchase.

In other words, there will be no losers.

Mozwik

As these are free test bids, I am more liberal than I would have been if I had purchased them. So is everyone else on the site so it is difficult to win anything - especially that Mammoth Ivory Cutter!

NES Tek

QuoteCigahs - 10/14/2011  2:02 PM

QuoteNES Tek - 10/14/2011  4:58 PM

Almost correct... You buy bids and play.. If you lose, you get a second chance to buy the item (if more in stock) at regular FSS price. If not in stock, you'll be offered other comparable products to purchase.

In other words, there will be no losers.

The second chance is awesome!

Brlesq

QuoteMozwik - 10/14/2011  5:02 PM

As these are free test bids, I am more liberal than I would have been if I had purchased them. So is everyone else on the site so it is difficult to win anything - especially that Mammoth Ivory Cutter!

I burned 125 bids on that sucker and still lost!  Won 5 other auctions today though.  I'm hoping that those great guys over at Famous decide to reward our efforts by letting us keep the goods at the price we won them for!!! C'mon Gary!! :dancing:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cigahs

QuoteBrlesq - 10/14/2011  5:26 PM

I burned 125 bids on that sucker and still lost!  Won 5 other auctions today though.  I'm hoping that those great guys over at Famous decide to reward our efforts by letting us keep the goods at the price we won them for!!! C'mon Gary!! :dancing:

Nice try.. The answer is no..

Incidentally, the 'second chance' offer can be purchased with the bids you used for the auction you lost.

wlfwalleye

QuoteBrlesq - 10/14/2011  4:26 PM

Great idea Bruce!  I'll take the Opus X Opus22 that I won for $1.00

horrido

Ya the site is interesting but with each click worth 60 cents and how fast you blow through them and especially with the second chance well I hope you have a deep pocket and a fast connection. See you bid and still lose and the site wins no matter what you blew out a big batch of dollars. Ouch.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

87North

Quotehorrido - 10/14/2011  4:35 PM

Ya the site is interesting but with each click worth 60 cents and how fast you blow through them and especially with the second chance well I hope you have a deep pocket and a fast connection. See you bid and still lose and the site wins no matter what you blew out a big batch of dollars. Ouch.

I'm with you, there's got to be better ways out there for a poor cheap fella such as myself...  :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

ROTHNH

I think the Cigar Sniper is a great idea.

It seems to be geared to young people -- almost a computer game genre -- which is great.

I find myself hoping it will draw a lot of people to it and away from the Cigar Monster auction site  :shades:

Cigahs

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!

Congrats to NES Tek!! You won the raffle for last week's Sniper test!

You'll be contacted separately by email to claim that awesome Romeo sampler.

Thanks for everyone who participated. We'll be running an Open Beta Test for the rest of the world this Friday, October 21st @10AM ET thru Monday, October 24th @ 6PM ET.  Once again, those who participate and fill out the survey will receive additional bids that will apply to their 'real' account when the site finally goes live. (There will be no raffle for this next test.)

If you have any questions, please email betatest@cigarsniper.com

Hope to see you all there!!

Humberto
www.cigarsniper.com

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Romeo

congrats NES Tek :lmao:

NES Tek

Woo hoo! Thanks Humberto! I really appreciate it!

nwb

Chief of Shaft

SenorPablo

Thanks for running this Humberto and including us in your early testing!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.