You're gonna buy cigars anyway. Might as well have fun doing it!

Started by Cigahs, 10/05/2011 03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Ken Kelley

It finally showed up but doesn't appear to work in Firefox. I'm trying IE now but it took a long time to get to the site.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

lubrix

----

Ken Kelley

Yeah, slow as houses. Can't get a last second bid to register in time to have it show up.

Ken Kelley

Ken Kelley

Checked my email and see that I've won an auction I didn't bid on.

lubrix

Yeah it's a pain but I won a Fuente X Rare Collection for 11 cents and DPG 6 pack MF toro for 3 cents-Just wish it was real.
----

Ken Kelley

Quotelubrix - 10/7/2011  3:33 PM

Yeah it's a pain but I won a Fuente X Rare Collection for 11 cents and DPG 6 pack MF toro for 3 cents-Just wish it was real.

I won a Fuente Fuente OpusX Opus 22 Forbidden X Lancero for .06 and a La Flor Dominicana Diadema Duo 2 Pack I didn't bid on so I guess I got it for free!  :biggrin:

lowpro75

I couldn't log on.  Very slow.  I guess this is why they beta test.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 10/7/2011  3:46 PM

Same here. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

lubrix

----

Ken Kelley

Quotelubrix - 10/7/2011  4:03 PM

It's working faster now.

Not much though. Seems like you have to bid a minute before it registers. Can't sneak in and snag the bid away.

Ken Kelley

lubrix

It worked fast for a short time then stalled again.
----

cocon

Was curious how it went, sounds like a couple of beetles need to get worked out.
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

Ken Kelley

Lots of bugs. They're gonna do another Beta Test on the 14th. I spent all my money but I did get some terrific fake deals! Look at this one:

Attention, Ken, aka kkelley!
You've successfully out-sniped the competition, and won:

Fuente Fuente OpusX Opus22 5th Anniversary Edition

Your Price:
$0.11 You Save:
$949.89

WOW! I wish it was true!  :biggrin:

Wound up winning 9 auctions but most of them were due to the timing of my bids matching up with the buggy site and netting me the deal. It was kind of fun but I can see how it might be dangerous in the for real world.

cocon

WOOOOO - Ric Flair

ROTHNH

Quotenwb - 10/7/2011  3:48 PM

Quotelowpro75 - 10/7/2011  3:46 PM

Same here. :confused:

Same for me.  I tried to log in four times.  I finally gave up about 4:30PM EDT when the web site was closed again (under maintenance page was up).

Disappointing, but I'm more disappointed that I was prevented from bidding on something and denied entry into the raffle for the RyJ sampler  :sad:

I'll try to make it next Friday ... unfortunately for us (good for them) there'll be a TON more people there so, whikle I do hope for the best, the probability is high that the site will remain slow and funky for that, as well.

ROTHNH

QuoteAlphairon - 10/7/2011  5:21 PM

... It was kind of fun but I can see how it might be dangerous in the for real world.

Ya, this concept is new for cigars, but the penny auction sites have been around for a while.  

My wife "worked" one of those penny bid auction sites for nearly three months to "pounce" on a 46" leading edge technology $1800 flat screen TV and won it for $176.  Takes a lot of patience and lots of work, but worth it, if you know what you're doing.  Fortunately for her (us) most people who try it cannot grasp the concept or the process -- so those with the know how can walk away with some unbelieveable deals  :rolleyes:

cocon

May be a little complicated for me.  I will wait to see how the "real" version will work.
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

billy82

Crap, I really sorry I miss out on your test. Im not used to working 1st shift. I got home at 3 rest my head for a quick sec. Next thing I knew it was 8:30 at night.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

ROTHNH

Well, as it turns out, Scott Emailed me late this afternoon and told me my name would be placed in the raffle for the RyJ Cigars anyway.  W00T!

ROTHNH

Well I won the RyJ Sampler ... and looking forward to putting this beta through its paces again next Friday  ;-)

nwb

QuoteROTHNH - 10/11/2011  7:19 PM

Well I won the RyJ Sampler ... and looking forward to putting this beta through its paces again next Friday  ;-)

Good to hear!  Enjoy.
Chief of Shaft

lowpro75

Quotenwb - 10/11/2011  8:10 PM

QuoteROTHNH - 10/11/2011  7:19 PM

Good to hear!  Enjoy.

I was thinking "this contest is rigged."
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.