My nerves are shot!

Started by Bob Cordell, 05/15/2008 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Cordell

So my rent is being raised and I start thinking "hell, thats almost a house payment"

Now I find myself looking at houses and lining up financing. I've been through this before but I forgot how nerve racking this whole process can be. If anyone remembers my " put out the garden" thread get this. My buddy happened to mention that the house next door, his Uncle's house was going up for sale. I kinda became interested in it and took a walk through. This place is perfect for me, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, new roof, new siding, etc...

I can walk next door at my pals and work in the garden. I've been close friends with the guy for 30 years. We both have huge back yards and we were discussing putting a tee box and green on the back of my lot and the same on his...two par 3 holes, how cool would that be? Teeing off from my yard to his green and vice versa. I think he slices though...

Now back to reality, actually getting the loan that I can afford! We'll see I guess!

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

SenorPablo

Good luck Bob!  It is nerve racking.  The good thing is that its still a buyer's market.  Also, rates have been pretty decent.  I just refi'd a month ago at 5.6% on a 30 year.  I caught a nice little dip in the rates.  These things change daily now and even fluctuate within a day.  Timing is everything with them.  

BTW...living next door to your buddy and being able to set up a couple holes of golf is worth the effort.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Bob Cordell

I've been getting a rate of around 5.75 % on a 30 year mortgage. I only have about $10,000 to put down though so I'm not in the perfect position but still like you say, its a buyer's market.

Yeah, the two par threes would be cool, about 100 yards each.

Weve played music on and off together for 25 years or so and that place I'm looking at has a full basement so I can set up my drum kit and he can keep a amp and guitar there. Our other buddy, a bass player can do the same...a built in jam room also.

The perks are un-believable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Walk next door and pick a salad for supper in the summer!

mhuss

Paul definitely hit the nail right on the head.  It's definitely a buyer's market.  And the property sounds great.  The mini-chip-n-putt sounds great, too!  I'd definitely consider it, especially seeing as how you could earn some equity in a house, instead of just paying rent or whatever from month to month.  If you're going to pay house-worthy prices, you might as well get a house out of it!

Duker511

Good luck Bob, I just went through the same thing a couple years ago. It was my first house, and I too found the perfect place. If this is the place you really want, go for it. Before I bought my house I had found an even better place, but I didnt move on it fast enough, and it was gone. :-(

Tim

acerlily11

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 05/15/2008 09:19 PMSo my rent is being raised and I start thinking "hell, thats almost a house payment"

Now I find myself looking at houses and lining up financing. I've been through this before but I forgot how nerve racking this whole process can be. If anyone remembers my " put out the garden" thread get this. My buddy happened to mention that the house next door, his Uncle's house was going up for sale. I kinda became interested in it and took a walk through. This place is perfect for me, 3 bedrooms, 2 bath, new roof, new siding, etc...

I can walk next door at my pals and work in the garden. I've been close friends with the guy for 30 years. We both have huge back yards and we were discussing putting a tee box and green on the back of my lot and the same on his...two par 3 holes, how cool would that be? Teeing off from my yard to his green and vice versa. I think he slices though...

Now back to reality, actually getting the loan that I can afford! We'll see I guess!

Congratulations on finding a potential new home that sounds perfect for you! It's understandable to be nervous about the home-buying process, but it sounds like you have a great support system with your friend next door. The idea of having your own personal golf course in your backyard is definitely enticing! Best of luck with securing financing and making your dream home a reality. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Brlesq

How's that house hunting going, Bob?

(Lets see how many more lemmings jump over the cliff and onto this 15 year old thread. Clearly today's poster ain't paying attention!)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Bob Cordell

headfirst

Where do these people dig up these threads?!   :lmao:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

BewareDaPenguin

Damn that would be ultra epic!!! Good luck brother!! Will be praying for a great outcome!! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

shakinghorizons

Quote from: BewareDaPenguin on 03/16/2023 08:15 AMDamn that would be ultra epic!!! Good luck brother!! Will be praying for a great outcome!! :smoker:

Ha! Got 'em!

BewareDaPenguin

Quote from: shakinghorizons on 03/16/2023 10:45 AM
Quote from: BewareDaPenguin on 03/16/2023 08:15 AMDamn that would be ultra epic!!! Good luck brother!! Will be praying for a great outcome!! :smoker:

Ha! Got 'em!

Damn sure did!! Lol didn't even look at the dates!!! :lmao:  :hitme:

Bob Cordell

We could pull up some old threads that would have you laughing your asses off!

It was pretty wild around here a decade or so ago :lmao:  :lmao:   

gitfiddl

Best of luck, brother! 
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Brlesq

Quote from: gitfiddl on 03/16/2023 01:35 PMBest of luck, brother! 

And the jumping continues . . .   :lmao: 
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

BewareDaPenguin

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 03/16/2023 11:41 AMWe could pull up some old threads that would have you laughing your asses off!

It was pretty wild around here a decade or so ago :lmao:  :lmao:   

I've seen a few n heard some stories I'm a 2014"er lol :smoker: I know we've had a few pop in recently

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.