Just some every day sticks

Started by paulian3, 05/16/2008 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulian3

Ok, we're up to 12 people.  That's a good amount, but I will keep the pass open until Friday night and mail out the sticks on Saturday.  Last call!!!!

Paul

stogie_foggie

Did we ever decide on the minumum and maximum price?  I have a humidor full of everyday smokes that would qualify.  Can't wait to see what people put in.
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

SenorPablo

Quotepaulian3 - 5/20/2008  7:13 PM

Ok, we're up to 12 people.  That's a good amount, but I will keep the pass open until Friday night and mail out the sticks on Saturday.  Last call!!!!

Paul

Don't forget to add your initial list of cigars.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

wunderdawg

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

I'm a man...But I can change....If I have to...I guess.............Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving might not be for you!!

Turboknat

It said $1 to $12 dollars.

ljlemer

QuoteTurboknat - 5/20/2008  10:07 PM

That covers a lot of ground! Thompson's house brands to something excellent.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

stogie_foggie

QuoteTurboknat - 5/20/2008  8:07 PM

Larry is right.  That could be a Swisher Sweet to a AF Don Carlos.  I was thinking we should narrow it down to 3-7 dollars or something like that.  What do you guys think?

ljlemer

Quotestogie_foggie - 5/20/2008  10:34 PM

QuoteTurboknat - 5/20/2008  8:07 PM

Larry is right.  That could be a Swisher Sweet to a AF Don Carlos.  I was thinking we should narrow it down to 3-7 dollars or something like that.  What do you guys think?

Yeah, my own suggestion would be $2-$6, since at $2 you start finding some cheap gems.

Thomas Mann

Astronaut318i

paulian3

You want it narrowed?  Ok, I'll narrow it.  It was actually set the way it was to let anyone participate--I'm interested in trying out what other people smoke on a daily basis.  I have this sweet, naive dream that somebody out there is smoking a good dollar cigar.  Not me--every dollar cigar I've ever tried sucks.  The reason the range went up to $12 bucks is I'm sure there's some bloated aristocrat out there whose daily smoke costs a bundle, and I didn't want to exclude him, either.  But if you all want it narrowed, it shall be narrowed, I'm easy.

Paul

Turboknat

I am happy with the $1 to $12 dollar range.  That seems to me and the folks I know to be the general range for their favorite everyday smokes anyway.  I myself by between $3 and $10 normally, depending on what hits me in the store.

datuttle

This one sounds too good to pass up. Count me in.
Doug  :shades:

drexeltpd

That range sounds reasonable.  I can't wait to get the ball rolling on this!  ::browsing through humidor for everyday sticks::

bslatner

Quotepaulian3 - 5/21/2008  7:32 AMYou want it narrowed?  Ok, I'll narrow it.  It was actually set the way it was to let anyone participate--I'm interested in trying out what other people smoke on a daily basis.  I have this sweet, naive dream that somebody out there is smoking a good dollar cigar.  Not me--every dollar cigar I've ever tried sucks.  The reason the range went up to $12 bucks is I'm sure there's some bloated aristocrat out there whose daily smoke costs a bundle, and I didn't want to exclude him, either.  But if you all want it narrowed, it shall be narrowed, I'm easy.Paul

I've never had a good dollar cigar, but I've had some for $2.50 that were nice. Cusano has some nice stuff.

Astronaut318i

I'm noticing that I'm not appearing on the participant list yet...

Should I register for it again?

paulian3

Nope.  Added you both, bringing our grand total up to 14.  Space for one more!  We just need one more cigar smoker and we'll end this right now, I'll draw up a list, post it, and send that bad boy out!

Paul

Astronaut318i

SenorPablo

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mhuss

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/22/2008  10:28 PM
Did this thing kick?  :biggrin:

I don't think so.  We don't have an initial list of cigars yet, either.

Astronaut318i

I for one am very excited to see the list of initial cigars and to have my first time cigar passing.

stogie_foggie

Lets kick this baby off!  I'm so far down the list, it might Christmas before I see it!   :biggrin:  :biggrin:

ljlemer

Quotestogie_foggie - 5/24/2008  12:34 AM

Lets kick this baby off!  I'm so far down the list, it might Christmas before I see it!   :biggrin:  :biggrin:

You're right after me. Ask anyone, they'll tell you that's a good position.

Thomas Mann

stogie_foggie

Larry, I'm sure you will no shortage of everyday smokes.... I've seen the ones you reviewed!  I kind of wanted to try the Tabamex Toro - what are those, $2?  Perfect!   :biggrin:

Astronaut318i

ljlemer

Quotestogie_foggie - 5/24/2008  12:47 AM

Larry, I'm sure you will no shortage of everyday smokes.... I've seen the ones you reviewed!  I kind of wanted to try the Tabamex Toro - what are those, $2?  Perfect!   :biggrin:

More like $4.

Correction: Tabamex Toro (Create-A-Sampler Item)
1 SINGLE Natural 6 x 50 @ 1.80 1.80

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.