Started by paulian3, 05/16/2008 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuss

QuoteAstronaut318i - 5/24/2008  12:53 AM

Do we have a list yet?

Not that I've seen.  I'm ready to go!

nukbucko

When is the list going to be posted
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

mhuss

Quotenukbucko - 5/27/2008  1:15 AM
When is the list going to be posted

Right on.  Not that I wanna sound like I'm impatient or anything, but what's the news on this Pass?  Is it getting off the ground soon?

burn1

I was wondering the same thing

mhuss

So Paul, what's going on?  When are you kicking this thing off?

SenorPablo

Looks like someone went MIA.  Maybe he just took an extended Memorial Day vacation.  Let's give him a bit longer to respond.  If he doesn't show up then we'll have to have someone else step up to kick it off.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

paulian3

sorry gents, had to go to frigging Amish country this weekend. Not home from work yet. Will post list this evening and mail stuff out tomorrow. Good to see the enthusiasm, hope everyone enjoys it!

mhuss

Quotepaulian3 - 5/27/2008  4:56 PM
sorry gents, had to go to frigging Amish country this weekend. Not home from work yet. Will post list this evening and mail stuff out tomorrow. Good to see the enthusiasm, hope everyone enjoys it!

Amish country huh?  That's pretty close to where I live.  I'm only about a 20-30 minutes from the heart of Lancaster County.  You should have told me you were going to be in the area.  We could have met up for some cream dried beef and a smoke!  Also, good to hear the Pass will be getting underway soon.  Sorry for kind-of getting you on you about the whole thing.  We were just starting to get a little antsy, that's all!

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 5/27/2008  5:22 PM

Quotepaulian3 - 5/27/2008  4:56 PM

Amish country huh?  That's pretty close to where I live.  I'm only about a 20-30 minutes from the heart of Lancaster County.  You should have told me you were going to be in the area.  We could have met up for some cream dried beef and a smoke!  Also, good to hear the Pass will be getting underway soon.  Sorry for kind-of getting you on you about the whole thing.  We were just starting to get a little antsy, that's all!

You know about this, don't you? Is it nearby?  http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?ID=38112

Famous Smoke Shop Cigar Expo & BBQ Bash 2008 adds "Camacho Cup" Golf Tournament to Festivities

Easton, PA 2/26/2008 12:00 PM GMT (TransWorldNews)

Famous Smoke Shop has just announced their second annual "Camacho Cup" golf tournament. Sponsored by Camacho Cigars, the tournament will take place on Friday, June 6th at 9:00 AM, rain or shine, at Riverview Country Club in Easton. PA.

Poised on the scenic Delaware River, Riverview C.C. is an 18 hole championship course that is considered to be one of the Lehigh Valley's premier public golf venues. The tournament will be held in a "best ball" format, with 20 teams of four comprising 80 total players.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 5/27/2008  5:42 PM
You know about this, don't you? Is it nearby?

I have heard about this event.  Easton is just on the other side of Bethlehem, which is only a little over an hour away from me.  Unfortuantely, with my home and work schedule, I don't have a whole lot of time for stuff like this.  I'd love to go, but I just don't see it happening.

paulian3

Unfortunately, gents, it wasn't Lancaster.  I was in Sugar Creek, Ohio--Ohio's Little Switzerland--a land where there is no beer, smoking is frowned upon, and cheese factories wax plentiful upon the fat of the land.  In other words, pretty gosh darned boring.

The cigar list is up and posted.  I'm out and about tomorrow, so I'm going to pick up a few things I need (humipacks, for instance) and mail out the box.  Sorry this one hit a snag (believe me, I didn't want to go to visit the Yoder's, although it actually was kind of fun), but I hope everyone enjoys the pass.

Paul

burn1

Some nice sticks in this one. If your smoking Partagas shorts as an everyday more power to you. I just hope one of them makes it to me (lol) I have something nice to put in there to can not wait to see what it looks like when it gets here wooo hooo :dancing:

ljlemer

Quotepaulian3 - 5/27/2008  7:27 PM

Unfortunately, gents, it wasn't Lancaster.  I was in Sugar Creek, Ohio--Ohio's Little Switzerland--a land where there is no beer, smoking is frowned upon, and cheese factories wax plentiful upon the fat of the land.  In other words, pretty gosh darned boring.

The cigar list is up and posted.  I'm out and about tomorrow, so I'm going to pick up a few things I need (humipacks, for instance) and mail out the box.  Sorry this one hit a snag (believe me, I didn't want to go to visit the Yoder's, although it actually was kind of fun), but I hope everyone enjoys the pass.

Paul

How do ISOMs fit into the price range?

Thomas Mann

stogie_foggie

Yeah, the few ISOM cigars I've had definitely did not fall in the "cheap" category, but I will be more than happy to take one. :biggrin:

I'm just hoping for one of Larry's hidden gems!
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

paulian3

Simple, Larry--I received the box as a gift!

Paul

paulian3

Oh, also, not all cuban's are necessarily expensive.  A box of 25 Partagas shorts will run you about $165 in St. Maartens Habanos shop.  Fits pretty squarely into the price range, actually.

Package is away:  USPS Priority, tracking number 0038 0070 0002 0086 5193

Enjoy, mhuss

Paul

stogie_foggie

Quotepaulian3 - 5/28/2008  3:11 PM

Oh, also, not all cuban's are necessarily expensive.  A box of 25 Partagas shorts will run you about $165 in St. Maartens Habanos shop.  Fits pretty squarely into the price range, actually.

Enjoy, mhuss

Paul

I guess it's just a matter of where and if you can find them.  Most places I've seen (which isn't many) are crazy expensive.  I guess who cares.  Thanks for adding them into the cigar pass!

burn1

cool we are up and running thanks paulian. I agree it depends on where you get some of your gars some that I smoke cost more retail than the price range for this pass but I get a bunch on auction so they fit that way. BTW paulian tnt has requested to join if you did not see it

ljlemer

Quotepaulian3 - 5/28/2008  7:35 AM

Simple, Larry--I received the box as a gift!

Paul

So we can include $50 cigars if we steal them?

Thomas Mann

stogie_foggie

Since I'm right after you, please do!   :biggrin:

Turboknat

Quotepaulian3 - 5/28/2008  5:11 PM

Enjoy, mhuss

Paul

WooHoo!!!!!  Its started!!!!!!! :dancing:

wunderdawg

And Awaaaaaaaaay we go!!!!!!!!
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

I'm a man...But I can change....If I have to...I guess.............Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving might not be for you!!

paulian3

TNT is in, just updated and closed the pass.  It put some of you down one on the list, but since two participants live in Riva, MD it shouldn't slow things down too much at all.

Larry, you can add $50 cigars if you REGULARLY steal and smoke them.  If it's a one time only shot, I think under current pass rules you wouldn't be able to add them.  But I'm flexible, and if you manage to yoink a good $50 cigar (Ye gods, can there be such a thing?), feel free to add it under the newly created "Larry Exemption of 2008".

datuttle

Have'nt been around for a while. This pass looks like fun, cant wait.

ljlemer

Quotepaulian3 - 5/28/2008  7:29 PM

TNT is in, just updated and closed the pass.  It put some of you down one on the list, but since two participants live in Riva, MD it shouldn't slow things down too much at all.

Larry, you can add $50 cigars if you REGULARLY steal and smoke them.  If it's a one time only shot, I think under current pass rules you wouldn't be able to add them.  But I'm flexible, and if you manage to yoink a good $50 cigar (Ye gods, can there be such a thing?), feel free to add it under the newly created "Larry Exemption of 2008".

You REGULARLY receive gifts of boxes of ISOMs?

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.