The Free Cigars Thread

Started by SenorPablo, 06/25/2007 09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

ljlemer

QuoteDonM - 11/30/2010  7:12 AM

I guess Willie is testing their "draconian" rule

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/11/29/willie-nelson-likely-face-jail-pot-bust-expert-says/?test=faces

Willie Nelson, who was arrested last week in Texas for having pot on his bus, has been charged with misdemeanor possession. Nelson was originally charged with carrying six ounces, a felony with a maximum sentence of two years in prison plus a $10,000 fine, but the amount was knocked down to four ounces, which carries a maximum penalty of one year and $4,000.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Ken Kelley

Maybe 6 ounces was what Willie considered to be a reasonable amount for personal possession.  Some folks smoke a little more than others I reckon.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Brlesq

Guess Willie needs to go to Amsterdam. :rolleyes:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

A former drummer friend of mine also works backstage at most of the big shows that come through here.  Last time Willie came through, he invited him onto the bus after the show for the "after-party".  The drummer said Willie opened up a cabinet and it was like a spice rack with jars of different types of pot.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

mountedshriner

I couldn't care less if Willie wants to toke himself into another galaxy but after the third or fourth bust for the same offense you think his would "get it." Apparently over tokin' dulls the senses to the point of abject stupidity! Wake up Willie!!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

srfrdude1989

I like your style of thinking.  :biggrin:

nirab

$20 says that a high Willie is much better than a drunk Willie...just sayin'.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

Quotenirab - 9/9/2013  9:33 PM

$20 says that a high Willie is much better than a drunk Willie...just sayin'.  :biggrin:
I hear that. Maybe he should head for Colorado or Washington for a tour instead of Texas.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cfickter

Quotentanner - 3/29/2014  5:26 PM  
Quotenirab - 9/9/2013  9:33 PM  $20 says that a high Willie is much better than a drunk Willie...just sayin'.  :biggrin:
I hear that. Maybe he should head for Colorado or Washington for a tour instead of Texas.

I thought i hear that Pot is $400 an oz. in CO. While I'm sure Wille could afford that it is sort of like a $40 White Owl Grape!

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

LawDaddy

I like the title of this thread.  I guess that's why it comes back randomly to life once a year.

Ken Kelley

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Mojo66

QuoteKen Kelley - 3/29/2014  8:29 PM  .

:lmao:

This must be useful these days, many posts coming back from the crypt.

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

klamm143

QuoteLawDaddy - 3/29/2014  5:46 PM  I like the title of this thread.  I guess that's why it comes back randomly to life once a year.

YUPP................Free Cigars.................hooked me in too.   :kickyou:  

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.