A Charitable Appeal

Started by dwig, 11/30/2011 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwig

I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

Shukpaw

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

akira

It is a tough time for everyone.  I have been doing more than in the past to help where I can, but I wish I could do more.  My office brings in one of those giving tree things and I pulled a few down to fill.  The one that really caught my attention was a kid that was asking for shoes.  I knew I had to fill that one because any kid asking for shoes for Christmas is in desperate need.  I might have to hook him up with a size 8 that he asked for and a size 9 to let him grow into...
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Robert LG

Even though basketball was "my sport" I rarely watch the NBA anymore.  Just disgusting.

I have contributed in different ways throughout the years.  But the one that broke my heart the most was a teenage girl asking for bed linens  and toiletries.  I have had my daughter "help" us with these types of contributions and plan on continuing that.  She is only six but I think she already kind of gets it that not getting a new toy of some sort is not the end of the world.
Rob

mb2456

The recession has hit all of us pretty hard.  Thankfully my daughters are grown and understand that Christmas doesn't have to be about the presents and more about getting family together.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.