A bomb with a difference

Started by omegar, 11/30/2011 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omegar

OK..... I have a different type of bomb in mind here.

It is different because I don't know who would like to have it, and who it would be of no use to!
So I am going to show up front what it is.

To qualify, you must be a wet shaver.
You must be prepared to smoke the cigar by Christmas. (Don't squirrel it away!)

So... the contents:

1. A cigar band shaving brush made by me
2. A stick of Turkish Arko shaving soap (not illustrated) - but it is superb!
3. A cigar to match the brush (The only brand that has a 10/10 in my database)

The eagle-eyed amongst you will note that the "T"s on the labels are not the same as the ones that you get in the USA ;-)

I will leave it for a few days, and then select someone at random from the people who state here that they would like to have it. I'll make an announcement when the list is closed, and then post it airmail. Should arrive in about 7 days or perhaps a little longer with the Christmas post.

Who wants it?

Rod

CrazyK

Wow what a lovely cigar and brush combo! If it can make it to Canada, I would be proud to show that off! And I only wet shave, with soap. I have always wanted a proper brush!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

akira

I wouldn't mind volunteering to be bombed with any or all of that.   :biggrin:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

NES Tek

Very cool bomb! I love the brush! The addition of the band is awesome.

I'm a wet shaver in the sense that I use a shaving cream (not a typical can of Gillette). I've been talking to my wife about getting me a safety razor for my birthday/xmas as they are both coming up very soon.

Again, cool bomb! I think anyone who gets that will enjoy it!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

DonM

I have been using a safety razor for a year that was my grandfathers, he passed away in 1950 well before I was born.  I have been too cheap to buy a shaving brush like that   :confused:   Too cool, would love to have one!

"The Curmudgeon"

lubrix

Very cool! I could use that when I shave off my beard of bees!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

horrido

Those brushes seem to be hard to find in my parts. However, that is an interesting bomb concept. Nice.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

cmmayo

I am not qualified for several reasons:

1. You just bombed me!
2. I try to shave as seldom as possible.
3. If you'll check the reviews for the Reyes, you will see I've already gotten a chance to try one, so I don't want to be greedy. (I also gave it 5 out of 5 stars.)
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

BigTA

Like wow, Those are beauts, I would love to see those show up at my door step, I am a 50 / 50 shaver, Started my beard for the winter but have a hairy neck and the electric just don't cut it.  :respekt:
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

smoke 1

WOW  Nice !!!   ME PLEASE !!!!!!!   :dancing:  :biggrin:

Brian
-Brian

Brlesq

Very generous of you, Rod.  You are an excellent craftsman. :bigthumbs:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

hardeveningsuburb

Beautiful brush!  I've been wet shaving for about 6 months with a Parker SR-1 (replaceable blade).  I currently just use an inexpensive Van Der Hagen boar hair brush that I got from the local drug store for about 5 bucks, along with Orangefuzz Beer & Clay shave soap (you can find their stuff on Etsy).  Not that I really deserve it, but I'll throw my name into this hat.

Also, if it matters, I only shave my cheeks and my lower lip.  I still technically have a beard but I use the straight razor to shape it.  Here's a picture for full disclosure purposes.  The picture was taken about a week before I started wet shaving, but my facial hair currently looks pretty much the same, just a little shorter and with cleaner lines.  

"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

zac

Very Cool!  I just grew a beard too.   :mad:  :shades:

horrido

Quoteomegar - 11/30/2011  6:18 PM

OK..... I have a different type of bomb in mind here.

It is different because I don't know who would like to have it, and who it would be of no use to!
So I am going to show up front what it is.

To qualify, you must be a wet shaver.
You must be prepared to smoke the cigar by Christmas. (Don't squirrel it away!)

So... the contents:

1. A cigar band shaving brush made by me
2. A stick of Turkish Arko shaving soap (not illustrated) - but it is superb!
3. A cigar to match the brush (The only brand that has a 10/10 in my database)

The eagle-eyed amongst you will note that the "T"s on the labels are not the same as the ones that you get in the USA ;-)

I will leave it for a few days, and then select someone at random from the people who state here that they would like to have it. I'll make an announcement when the list is closed, and then post it airmail. Should arrive in about 7 days or perhaps a little longer with the Christmas post.

Who wants it?

Rod

Oh ya I am a wet shaver since I was 16 - I hate the electric razor, I have had my hairy upper lip since I was 19 and shave the beard/face every second day plus I would love to try that soap never had that one before  - just the old Wilson one I got from my wife. Never had a TTT and I would smoke it the day I got it and if you need my address I can email it to you...... :lmao:

So please: Sir - Pick me, more gruel sir but you can't eat your pudding till you finished but Sir more gruel please. In a English accent if possible. :crazy:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Ken Kelley

Hmmm, I could use one of those to go with a damascus steel straight razor. I think I have a piece of patterned steel in the shop just about big enough to forge one. Count me in as a willing recipient.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Bob Cordell

I shave in the shower, both my face and my package...

:confused:

Its wet!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

pferg

:lmao: @ Bob. I dont think i needed to know that

nwb

Awesome concept and very generous!
Chief of Shaft

omegar

QuoteBob Cordell - 11/30/2011  2:19 AM

Too much information, Bob.
 :lmao:

Brlesq

QuoteBob Cordell - 11/30/2011  9:19 PM

Rod, he's going to need a smaller brush.    :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 11/30/2011  9:38 PM

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Chief of Shaft

Bob Cordell

QuoteBrlesq - 11/30/2011  9:38 PM

Maybe a broom...

I hate Bruce...bish!

Anyway, doesnt that count? I guess I'm not the best candidate huh?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

omegar

QuoteBob Cordell - 11/30/2011  2:41 AM

Anyone who has the balls to post what you did deserves to be an included candidate. ;-)

Rod

nwb

Quoteomegar - 11/30/2011  9:51 PM
QuoteBob Cordell - 11/30/2011  2:41 AM

Anyone who has the balls to post what you did deserves to be an included candidate. ;-)
Rod

I think the point of Bruce's post was to call those "balls" into question.  Just sayin....

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.