A bomb with a difference

Started by omegar, 11/30/2011 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Cordell

I'm afraid if I put all those "Scrubbing Bubbles" on my package I might knick my bead or worse...

:confused:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

metalhead y cigarguy

You're over sharing again Bob. Stop it!

As for the bomb I would love to receive it! I think those brushes are really cool. I really like the Romeo y Julieta one you made. Great idea for a bomb too.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Herfin' Chef

I would like to offer my services here.. :biggrin:
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

MT21

Your offer is greatly appreciated.  I've used an electric shaver for years and then I quit using that a few months ago.

Regretfully, I gotta pass.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Shukpaw

That is a sweet looking shaving brush.  I really like the idea of using the band for a brush.  I also really like the look of the wood.  I would not use it.  In the room where I keep my cigars I have a shelf where I keep interesting cigar paraphernalia.  I would put the shaving brush in a prominent place on that shelf.

I would use the shaving soap.  I learned to shave with a straight razor when I was in the military and still do so ever occasionally.  I'd like to try it with a soap that you say is "superb."

As for the cigar, I have never had the fortune of getting to try a "real" Trinidad.  I have wanted to for some time and I am sure that it would be enjoyed.

Very cool bomb concept.  Very kind of you.  I am sure the recipient will enjoy it.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Rebecca Silverwolf

I'd love to get the cigar... but I'm not thinking I can make much use of the shaving brush, though I have always been a wet shaver.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

billy82

Looks really nice :-0. Would like to have that. I wet shave ever day for work.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

sullivan8078

Very nice gift and interesting concept. I still wet shave for work. (Pesky respirators require a smooth seal.) My wife got me a straight razor/ ceramic bowl /shave soap / brush combo for cmas last year. I have been thinking about making a nice stand for it and that brush would be a very nice upgrade from the cheap one I currently have!

The recipient will be very lucky and most definitely enjoy it! Thanks again!
-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

gitfiddl

Oooo... Pick me, pick me!
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Hot Stuff x

I'd love to have that brush.  Been wetshaving for over 25 years, except I switch to brushless when I am traveling or deployed to warzones.  I used to travel with my mug but after one got broken while traveling I leave it at home.   My dad is a wetshaver too...that's how I picked it up.

Here's my current setup:   cheap Burma-shave brush, Van der Hagen soap, and a old milk glass shaving mug:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=503&pictureid=3703" /img>
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

wlfwalleye

Sweet gift idea!

I haven't shaved for 8 years, I just trim a few inches of the beard off every couple months.

metalhead y cigarguy

Based on the responses I think most of us are more interested in the shaving brush. I think Omegar may need to up his production of this very cool item.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Brlesq

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 12/1/2011  2:05 PM
Based on the responses I think most of us are more interested in the shaving brush. I think Omegar may need to up his production of this very cool item.

Well here is where you can order Rod's shaving brushes, gentlemen:

http://www.pensoftheforest.co.uk/shaving/shaving-brush.html

Some very nice items to choose from!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

omegar

Thanks Bruce.  :-)

OK GUYS

FINAL CALL - FINAL CALL - FINAL CALL - FINAL CALL
FINAL CALL - FINAL CALL - FINAL CALL - FINAL CALL

It is 1.33am here in England.
My La Herencia has just been finished, and I am off to bed.

When I wake in the morning I'll draw lots for the recipient, and get the little parcel in the post.

Cheers
Rod

horrido

QuoteBrlesq - 12/1/2011  2:52 PM

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 12/1/2011  2:05 PM

Well here is where you can order Rod's shaving brushes, gentlemen:

http://www.pensoftheforest.co.uk/shaving/shaving-brush.html

Some very nice items to choose from!

Thanks for the link the site looks very interesting.... :-)
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

omegar

CLOSED - CLOSED - CLOSED
CLOSED - CLOSED - CLOSED
CLOSED - CLOSED - CLOSED

The little box of goodies is now packed up.... and I am off to the post office.
The wait begins.  :biggrin:

Cheers
Rod

billy82

Who is it going to be. This is going to be a nice prize for whoever gets it.
Also I want to know if Bob won??
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

sullivan8078

:dancing:  :dancing:
Duck and cover folks ... He's at it again!
-David

Brlesq

Hope he does the Google Earth targeting again.  That was fun! (Trust me on this one . . . if you're the one getting bombed, it is a bit more surprising to see your home "targeted", and then there's the waiting and anticipation of the actual strike!)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

omegar

QuoteBrlesq - 12/1/2011  1:55 PM

Hope he does the Google Earth targeting again.  That was fun! (Trust me on this one . . . if you're the one getting bombed, it is a bit more surprising to see your home "targeted", and then there's the waiting and anticipation of the actual strike!)

Okaaay then  :biggrin:

Practice shot missed
But there's still one heck of a crater!

sullivan8078

Anybody else think that lake looks like a dog slipped into the pic?  :biggrin:
-David

omegar

I noticed the dog too... but it disappears when you get up closer.

Anyways...
Who likes following tracking?  :rolleyes:
http://www.royalmail.com/track-trace
LY311515455GB

Posted 4.30pm local time here today (Friday)

The chances are that the little box will be on US soil on Saturday or Sunday.
(But I am still being a bit sneaky... which time will reveal)

Rod

CrazyK

CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

omegar

I thought that everyone might be as crazy as me about following tracking. You know that you have it bad when you click several times a day to see if it has moved.
 :lmao:

As a matter of interest, I have a parcel heading to me that started three days ago in PA, and so far, all it has managed to do is make it to Chicago! Totally the wrong direction.  :crazy:

Unless.... wait a minute... who hijacked MY cigars?.

Rod

Shukpaw

Quotesullivan8078 - 12/2/2011  8:15 AM

Anybody else think that lake looks like a dog slipped into the pic?  :biggrin:

I see the dog, and there is a bird on the upper left.

I sure hope this is going to a state with some mountains.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.