Another newb checking in...

Started by gimmebeer, 12/10/2011 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmebeer

I've had cigars off and on over the years, but now I'm actually taking the time to build a collection, a humidor and trying to learn about them.  Hoping to learn a lot from you all, cheers!

CrazyK

Welcome to the Geeks! Hide your wallet and enjoy!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

87North

Welcome to the Cigar Geeks from Texas.  We're glad to have you.   :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

wescat

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

metalhead y cigarguy

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest. We're glad to have you.

As far as cigar knowledge; you've come to the right place. If you have questions, someone here will have answers.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

gitfiddl

Welcome to the madness.  And beware of midget strippers...

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

NoMoreLies

Those afraid of the universe as it really is, those who pretend to nonexistent knowledge and envision a cosmos centered on human beings will prefer the fleeting comforts of superstion.  They avoid rather than confront the world.  But those with the courage to explore the weave and structure of the cosmos even where it differs profoundly from their wishes and prejudices, will penetrate its deepest mysteries.-Carl Sagan

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Robert LG

Quote87North - 12/10/2011  10:16 PM

X2
Rob

edewey

Welcome! I'm relatively new also, and the "wallet" comment is valid. Started with half a dozen 4 months ago. Now I have over 300 with two desktop humidors and a converted wine cooler. Expensive hobby but having a great time enjoying the many nice cigars out there (and some less than nice....unfortunately...but makes the good one's that much better)!
ozozoz1959

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

Beegerply

Welcome from the midwest, enjoy the site Justin.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

billy82

Oh you will learn alot around these woods young grasshopper  :biggrin: . :welcome: to geeks from pa
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

junglepete

Welcome to the site...Enjoy!  :-)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

SenorPablo

Welcome to CG Justin!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us, Justin!  :smoker:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

dwig

I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

smoke 1

Welcome from Michigan !  I like your username !   :biggrin:

Brian
-Brian

horrido

Welcome from London Ontario.....have you by chance heard of the Cigar Devil site? :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Vanilla Gorilla

Welcome from Ottawa Ontario! I love the user name too.

Have fun and enjoy the conversations!
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

pferg

Welcome, and whatever youve budgeted for cigars, double or tripple it  :biggrin:

hardeveningsuburb

QuoteRobert LG - 12/11/2011  5:34 AM

Quote87North - 12/10/2011  10:16 PM

X2

X3.   :-)
"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

cocon

WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.