1st "Geek Herf" Right Here Fri. Jan. 20th 9pm Eastern

Started by junglepete, 01/13/2012 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st "Geek Herf" Right Here Fri. Jan. 20th 9pm Eastern

CAO Brazilia

junglepete

Well, I think I'm going for the 5 Vegas serie A...I also have a Mi Barrio in hand and was waiting for another herfer before I decided, but Its 9:20 now and I feel like smokin.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Shukpaw

Quotejunglepete - 1/20/2012  6:14 PM

I found it to be no more than medium bodied in the first half of the smoke...a solid smoke, very consistent blend for me.

I consider it more of a medium to full.  Maybe I haven't had enough true fulls.  It reminds me of a lighter Tatuaje Black.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

junglepete

QuoteShukpaw - 1/20/2012  9:21 PM

I found it to be no more than medium bodied in the first half of the smoke...a solid smoke, very consistent blend for me.

I consider it more of a medium to full.  Maybe I haven't had enough true fulls.  It reminds me of a lighter Tatuaje Black.

How much age you got on yours? Mine was pushing two years. What are drinking tonight?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

gitfiddl

Crap!  I got caught up in other shyte and lost track of the time!  Next time, maybe?
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Shukpaw

Quotejunglepete - 1/20/2012  6:19 PM

Now thats dedication Neil...unfortunately, so far, its just you and me. I thought there would be more of us.

I thought there would be more too.  We had a lot of responses.  Nice to finally share a cigar with you Pete.

So you are going with the Series 'A'.  One of my favorites.  I have smoked more of those than any other cigar.  What vitola are you going with?

What are you drinking tonight?

junglepete

I'm just lighting up now Dave...hang in for a smoke
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

I like the cold draw of the 5 Vegas serie A...almost like mince meat pie (the fruity raisen kind)
Guru of Frugality

Shukpaw

Quotejunglepete - 1/20/2012  6:23 PM

QuoteShukpaw - 1/20/2012  9:21 PM

How much age you got on yours? Mine was pushing two years. What are drinking tonight?

At least a year.  I'll have to look that up later.  I am having lime water.

junglepete

Yeah, good to share a smoke with you too.

I'm drinking spiced rum tonight.

I'm smokin the Atomic (4.5 x 54)

I find the Brazillias mellow with age...and sometimes thats good, and other times I prefer them fresher with more kick
Guru of Frugality

Shukpaw

Well the rain is really starting to come down and the tent is starting leak.  I should have bought 2 tarps and put one on top.  I am about 2 inches in.  We'll see if I make it.

Shukpaw

Quotejunglepete - 1/20/2012  6:31 PM

I'm smokin the Atomic (4.5 x 54)

I think that is my favorite vitola of the 'A'.

junglepete

That sucks with the rain and all...hope you dont drown...or burn, or suffocate  :-)
Guru of Frugality

Shukpaw

Quotejunglepete - 1/20/2012  6:38 PM

That sucks with the rain and all...hope you dont drown...or burn, or suffocate  :-)

While smoking a cigar.  I can think of worse ways to go.  :-)

junglepete

I'm liking this series A...more flavor for me than the Brazillia last night.

How many Brazillia's do you have in stock?
Guru of Frugality

Shukpaw

Well I'm in the second third.  It is getting a little bolder.  I am getting some dark nutty favors.  This cigar does not want to burn straight.

junglepete

QuoteShukpaw - 1/20/2012  9:46 PM

Well I'm in the second third.  It is getting a little bolder.  I am getting some dark nutty favors.  This cigar does not want to burn straight.

Do you keep track of the age? I'm curious about the time its got on it.
Guru of Frugality

Shukpaw

junglepete

QuoteShukpaw - 1/20/2012  9:52 PM

I checked the virtual humidor.  555 days.

That's a fair bit...other than the last inch, I would be surprised if the strength built up too much past medium+ ?
Guru of Frugality

Shukpaw

I have a little over 2 inches to go.  It's back to tasting like it did 1/2 inch in.  It has actually burned straight for 1/2 inch.

Shukpaw

I've had to put my gloves on.  I don't like when I can't feel the cigar.

junglepete

Congrats Neil...I placed all the names of the participants tonight into a hat and drew yours as the winner  :biggrin: what were the odds eh? 1 in 1...now thats a sure thing if i ever heard of one.

Keep your eye out for something good...better yet, if I could have a peek at your online humi I could send you stuff you dont have....only if you dont mind me lookin for a few minutes.

Or, you could look at mine and pick a dozen yopu would like to try?? Your choice
Guru of Frugality

Shukpaw

Quotejunglepete - 1/20/2012  7:07 PM

Congrats Neil...I placed all the names of the participants tonight into a hat and drew yours as the winner  :biggrin: what were the odds eh? 1 in 1...now thats a sure thing if i ever heard of one.

Keep your eye out for something good...better yet, if I could have a peek at your online humi I could send you stuff you dont have....only if you dont mind me lookin for a few minutes.

Or, you could look at mine and pick a dozen yopu would like to try?? Your choice

:dancing:   I had forgot you where doing that.  Thank you very much.  Thanks for hosting this.

junglepete

LOL okay Neil....i got to page four and quit, you can kill the access....check mine out and let me know what you want in a PM at your leisure. When your done let me know and I'll close it. Looks like we have about the same amount.
Guru of Frugality

Shukpaw

I'm into the last third.  The taste is staying consistent.  I like the Brazillia.  Not the very best cigars, but always enjoyable.  I will probably give this one four stars.

Pete, how is the 'A' treating you?

junglepete

The A is good as always. A little more taste than the Brazillia I think. Its kind of gone soft on me though...like its a little under-filled?

The Gol I smoked last night got a 4 stars from me too. Some of that score went to the consistency of the blend and the solid construction. Lots of thick smoke for sure.
Guru of Frugality

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.