1st "Geek Herf" Right Here Fri. Jan. 20th 9pm Eastern

Started by junglepete, 01/13/2012 08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1st "Geek Herf" Right Here Fri. Jan. 20th 9pm Eastern

CAO Brazilia

Shukpaw

As an aside, does anyone have any suggestions on what product I could use to make this tent a little more waterproof at the seams?
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

cmmayo

Sorry I missed out. Evidently, I am out of Brazilias.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

junglepete

I know there is aproduct you can get at outdoor stores specifically for waterproofing seams...like a roll on kinda product. I believe the stuff is needed to be applied to all new tents to seal the fine stitching holes

Any way Neil...thanks for joining in...I guess we wont be rushing for the instant chat software anytime soon  :lmao:

Glad you could make it!! Cheers
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Shukpaw

We should do this again though.  I'm set.  I'm sure we could get more people next time.

Shukpaw

I'm down to the last inch and this cigar is still going along nicely.  2 hours for a 5 inch cigar.  I'm glad I didn't go with the Anaconda.  I wouldn't have made it.

junglepete

For sure I'll try again...let me know whats a good time for you, this way at leat there will be two of us  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Shukpaw

I thought 6pm west and 9pm east on a Friday was a good time time have it.

Well, I'm packing it in.  I will post pictures in a couple hours.

Thanks again to Pete.

Brentcally

Yeah Pete, don't give up on the idea. I couldn't make it tonight, but i really like the idea and would try to make the next one!
-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

junglepete

Okay, for sure we'll try again...I might try another poll for day that works better maybe??? Like a poll that says next week Thurs, Fri, Sat, or Sun ....i'll set it up tomorrow
Guru of Frugality

metalhead y cigarguy

Sorry I missed out.  I was to busy with the family tonight to sneak away for a cigar.  Hopefully I can join in the next time. As for the time I think it's a good time to have it as it works well for Geeks on both coasts. Glad you guys had fun.

Proud of you Neil for toughing it out tonight. Good thinking on the trip to Good Will for the coat.  :biggrin:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

akira

I was trying. Sorry I missed it. Looked like I would have been the lone mi barrio guy though. Hopefully next time works out.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Voexum

I will join in next time if you do this again. Been occupied with other things lately during the break.

But defiantly post a date :smoker:
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

Shukpaw

So here are the conditions I set up in tonight, my new smoking jacket and sweater, and my temporary man cave.

Edit: Well I am currently unable to upload pictures.  Seems to be a theme around here lately.  If I am able to in the future I will add them to the thread.

Hot Stuff x

I was working during this herf, so no way I coulda made it
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

87North

Warmer weather will probably increase participation as well... :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

gitfiddl

My apologies for not participating.  Diana and I found ourselves suddenly alone, and well, plans changed...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

87North

Quotegitfiddl - 1/21/2012  8:20 AM

My apologies for not participating.  Diana and I found ourselves suddenly alone, and well, plans changed...

Degenerates!!   :-0
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Brentcally

Quotegitfiddl - 1/21/2012  9:20 AM

I was faced with the same choice.... Hang out on CG with a bunch of guys or............well lets say i like you guys but not that much!  :biggrin:
-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

BlackIrish

Sorry I missed this -- I'd love to participate in the next one!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

cmmayo

QuoteBrentcally - 1/20/2012  10:13 PM

Yeah Pete, don't give up on the idea. I couldn't make it tonight, but i really like the idea and would try to make the next one!

Same here.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

nwb

Sorry I couldn't make it.  I'm not sure about other folks, but would it be possible to do it another night?  The weekends here are usually reserved for family time.

Just a suggestion.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.