Humidor maintenance tracker

Started by Mvilla888, 01/18/2012 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mvilla888

Being a data junkie, would love to see a way to log humidity readings, recharge dates, maybe a predictive chart of some kind that would send a reminder to check your humidor when it may be at risk to go dry.
"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience."
--George Bernard Shaw

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Mvilla888

junglepete

I seem to think this topic was chatted about not more than three week ago. You may find it in a search....I think someone here was trying to invent it  :confused:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

horrido

Well if your a data junkie the use access or excel and log your data everyday and keep the stats over time and you will be able to see when things need to be re-juiced etc. You just need to be anal about the data. It can then be written in a software form and go from there. Now if your trying to do this in an auto mode then you will need sensors, computer, software maybe a plc and simple ladder logic programing for the plc and some control software to interpret it to the computer.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Ken Kelley

You guys and your data obsessions! You sound like a bunch of bench rest shooters. They keep track of how often they fart for fear the turbulence will disturb their sights. When do you have time to smoke cigars?  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Mvilla888

Hoping to catch up on a smoke or two while traveling this weekend....winter in central Ohio is not primo outdoor smoking season.

And while I do have the spreadsheet set up, was just thinking it would be a nice addition to the app, as I don't see any other humidor related app that will do this kind of tracking.

And I did do some quick searching...looks like there are some geeks working on some wireless sensors that they can 'see' from their computer, which is similar to what I have seen in companies tracking incubators or refrigerators with critical temperature requirements....but didn't see anyone suggest it as an app upgrade.

/shrug....off to work.
"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must Man be of learning from experience."
--George Bernard Shaw

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Mvilla888

NJ Navy Chief

Data schmata - Just put a Cigar Oasis (electronic) in there and forget about it. When you hear it running too often (after about 3 months in summer, 1 1/2 - 2 in winter) you know it is time to re-fill with distilled water. The hygrometer with it is a little off (2-5%) from my salt tested digi hygrometer. Been doing this for close to two years with no major issues as a result of humidification. Plus it leaves you a lot more time to smoke 'em :cigarguy:  :cheers:
Twitter - @NJ_Navy_Chief

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.