Missing cigars on humidor sync

Started by ewu, 02/01/2012 08:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ewu

I just installed the app and synced it to my virtual humidor on the website.  It worked great except for 2 missing cigars. See the top part of screenshot below. Any ideas?

"Everything works, some things work better than others, and nothing works forever."

omegar

Do a database update.... and then synch again
I had a similar problem.

ewu

That did the trick, thank you!
"Everything works, some things work better than others, and nothing works forever."

SenorPablo

Yes.  There is an issue where if you add a cigar to your humidor on the web site that might not have yet been downloaded to the phone, it won't show up on your phone until after you sync the DB again.  I'm in the process of rolling out a new minor version that will detect that and prompt you to sync the DB on your phone after you sync your humidors.  The new release will also contain a few other minor fixes that folks have reported.

Haven't been through the Apple update process, but if it is as painful it could take awhile to get approved.  Hopefully its easier since they already put me through the wringer on the initial release.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

omegar

I use the iPad Paul.
Having recognised the problem I just do a "minor" database update before each synch. Its no big deal, and doesn't take long at all.

Rod

Kckodiak

Any tips on previous smokes "dropping" their brand and ending up as unknown?
"Happiness?  A good Cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; depends on how much happiness you can handle" George Burns

Hot Tub Cigar Guy
Keith in CT

SenorPablo

Only if it is related to the same issue with sync'ing.  It sounds like the same symptoms.  Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.