Not autoship, but...

Started by FNA, 02/14/2012 09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNA

Anybody have a regular brand of beer?  In discussing cigar autoship  programs, most responders noted that they didn't want the same cigars time after time.  How about beers?

I am not a regular beer drinker; I keep it in the house for beer drinking friends.  Several of my beer-drinking friends are 'branded' drinkers, they always have the same beer at their house.

When I was younger, I did have a regular brand, I drank Schlitz. (For those of you unfamiliar with the beers of the 70s and 80s, Schlitz was much more sour than its national competitors).

More "old school", I think everybody had their own brand back then - every month or week, Dad would haul the case of empties back to the store and get another case of the same brew (other dads, like me, my Dad was not a beer guy) .

Now, as noted in the "best brew" thread, there are seemingly dozens of craft brews available at any retail outlet, as well as imports from a half-dozen countries, not just Germany or Holland.

Boy, I do go on... anyway, I probably buy a different six or twelve every time I buy beer. Heck, I buy 12-pack assortments, so I am getting different beers within each purchase.

How about you regular beer drinkers - do you have a regular brand or is it the 'thrill of the chase' every trip to the local?

Beegerply

At one time only drank Miller High Life, but to some health issues I don't drink much these days.  I go mostly for the micro brews, Its almost like going to a B&M and picking out a nice cigar for me. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

pferg

i keep the same kinds of beer and liquor at home, but i also am working on getting a good enough stock for a mini bar, so i still like variety.

Hot Stuff x

I've had too many crappy beers to gamble on a 12 pack of the unknown.  Although I don't always buy the same beer, I stick to one's I know and love.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

junglepete

I like variety when it comes to beer.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brentcally

I like to try different brews! However i keep a good supply of Yuengling on hand as my "go to" beer. Some days I don't wanna gamble and just know its gonna be good!
-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

RoscozRevenge

I love a variety of beers. I mostly buy India Pale Ales, Pilsners and Pale Lagers but I absolutely love American Wheat and Bavarian Hefeweizens. Speaking of which... It may be time to make another run to Montana for some Microbrew...
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

nwb

QuoteBrentcally - 2/14/2012  12:44 PM

I like to try different brews! However i keep a good supply of Yuengling on hand as my "go to" beer. Some days I don't wanna gamble and just know its gonna be good!

Same here.
Chief of Shaft

87North

QuoteBrentcally - 2/14/2012  11:44 AM

I always keep some Lone Star around but I also pick up sixers of various stuff to keep some variety.  I really really wish I could get some Yuengling out here. I've been craving some lately, but unfortunately they don't distribute in TX.   :-(
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Brentcally

Quote87North - 2/14/2012  11:32 PM

QuoteBrentcally - 2/14/2012  11:44 AM

I always keep some Lone Star around but I also pick up sixers of various stuff to keep some variety.  I really really wish I could get some Yuengling out here. I've been craving some lately, but unfortunately they don't distribute in TX.   :-(

Yeah they don't distribute to indiana either, but i have a brother in law stationed in alabama. He always brings me some when he comes up!
-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

Bob Cordell

Beer, mmmmmmmmmm!

Yummy! A food group!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

southernrun

Usually get the same old. San Miguel Pale Pilsen

87North

Quotesouthernrun - 2/19/2012  8:02 PM

Usually get the same old. San Miguel Pale Pilsen

San Miguel is a tasty beer.  My boss is married to a Filipino woman, and introduced me to it.  Tasty stuff, has a nice malty flavor that I really liked.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

lukin

When I need beer, I always buy two twelve packs and a 24 oz. bottle all at once.  One of the 12 packs is always Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from my hometown.  When you walk into any bar in town and they sell 2 dollar pitchers of Sierra Nevada since it is locally brewed, you become loyal in a hurry.  Then I usually buy something new or a different style for the other 12 pack then something interesting in the 24 oz bottle.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.