Another new guy from PA

Started by uplander12ga, 02/21/2012 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uplander12ga

Hello all! Great site you all have here! I've learned a lot in the short time I've been checking it out, and hope to learn much more. :dancing:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

ROTHNH

Hello Jason! Good to have you join us  :-)

CrazyK

Welcome from Montreal, Canada!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

cocon

WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

dougiewong

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

lubrix

Welcome!, Enjoy the site!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us!  :smoker:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

billy82

:welcome: to geeks from North east PA!
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

junglepete

welcome to the site...enjoy!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

uplander12ga

Thank you all for the welcome!
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

lukin

welcome  :beer:  here's to you!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

nwb

Welcome to the site!  What kind of cigars do you enjoy?
Chief of Shaft

vw77guy

So does CI just send you guys smokes for being a PA resident????? :smoker2:

horrido

"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

BigTA

Welcome fro sunny So CAL
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

Kckodiak

"Happiness?  A good Cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; depends on how much happiness you can handle" George Burns

Hot Tub Cigar Guy
Keith in CT

Herfin' Chef

Welcome from scenic Reading PA...Enjoy the site...
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

uplander12ga

Thank you all again for the welcome. The more exploring I do on this site, the more I'm learning and the further I'm drawn into this addiction haha! @ nwb- I frequently pick up different varieties of Montecristo as well as Macanudo, although I have tried several others over the years. @ vw77guy- I wish they did! Haha!!! :thumbsup:

MT21

Welcome from the Pacific NorthWest.  Lots to learn here.  What size humidor do you have?
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

uplander12ga

MT21- Thank you for the welcome! No humidor yet. Still trying to decide. There are soooooooo many out there haha! Posted in the humidor section looking for advice on my first humi.

MT21

Quoteuplander12ga - 2/22/2012  6:42 AM

MT21- Thank you for the welcome! No humidor yet. Still trying to decide. There are soooooooo many out there haha! Posted in the humidor section looking for advice on my first humi.

It depends on how serious you are about cigars.  A 50 count humi is a great and popular starter.  If you continue to hang around here, you'll learn a lot about cigars and discover many that you would like to try.  Once that "hook" is set, that 50 count will be too small in no time.  If price is a concern, a coolidor is a very viable option.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

uplander12ga

No doubt MT21. I have enjoyed several sticks for many years. I'm just to the point where I want to try MANY more and hate having to drive 12 miles into town to pick up just one or two, not to mention the rather small selection at my local tobacco store. I have found some really good deals online and am looking forward to build a nice collection of my favorites, as well as trying a larger variety. I'm thinking I'm going to go right to a larger humidor as the hook is already set haha! In any case I thank you for and value your input!

wlfwalleye

Welcome to the madness.

RoscozRevenge

Welcome Jason and don't fret the purchase of your first humidor too much. You can pretty much count on buying another one fairly soon. Just don't pay too much, save the cash for more cigars ;)
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.