El Rey de los Habanos Churchill-4 stars

Started by ljlemer, 06/20/2008 03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

The review for this cigar is so unusual that I'm reposting it here:

The first half of this long, slow smoke was an amazing 4.5! My mouth was tingling with joy (seriously!) and the juices were delicious! Then about halfway, I managed to soak the head with saliva to the point that out poured Pepin's secret ingredient: SALT!! He flavored the head with salt!! The saltiness became first annoying and eventually unbearable. I dried the head with a napkin. It helped very little. The progress started to drag, the cigar started seeming like an endless drain on my resources and I put it down for good. I would suggest you stick to robustos and toros. Don't get the head soaked.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

JKG

Duque Wavelle (5x50) for my drive to work this morning.  I got these from CI during one of thier 1-day deals (25 for 19.99 + free shipping).  Mild-medium, firmly packed, Dominican long fillers and a tastey Sumatra wrapper.  The wrapper is rough to the touch but the construction isn't bad, the draw is good and it burns evenly.  All in all, a pretty good smoke for under a $1.  It tasted so good I smoked it all the way down to about 1 1/2 inches (which if you ask my wife she'd tell you that if anybody can gauge 1 1/2 inches, I can). :confused:

Astronaut318i

A salt flavored cigar? Mmm. Who needs a sweet candy cigar when you can have a salty snack cigar?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.