Blended Mojito Recipe - Great with cigars in the summer

Started by CHRIS7891011, 03/19/2012 08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHRIS7891011

Ingredients:
Rum - I like to use a mid-range white rum for this recipe.
Lime Juice - Go with Simply Limeade. Tastes great.
Fresh Limes
Powdered Sugar
7-9 Mint Leaves
Bag o' Ice

Preparation:
Fill a blender with ice
Pour in as much rum as you want. I normally fill the blender 1/4 way. (But then again I may be an alcoholic....)
Pour in lime juice till you reach about 1/2 inch below the lid.
Add mint leaves and a few table spoons of sugar.

Blend extremely well and add fresh lime juice or more sugar to taste.

I like to smoke a spicy cigar with this drink. :) Enjoy!

nwb

Mojitos are a fantastic summer drink if they are done right.  Thanks for the recipe!
Chief of Shaft

lukin

I might have to make a few of these, although in the summer I am very devoted to my gin and tonics
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

horrido

"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

uplander12ga

Sound a lot easier than the old way with the muddler, one glass at a time :thumbsup:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

akira

I love my classic mojitos, but I might have to give this a try, especially for parties.  Seems like it will be a lot easier than doing them one by one.  Thanks!
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

dougiewong

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Kirby1531

Yip, tomorrow. It's happening. I start my six days off.

K.K.
----------
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

Rebecca Silverwolf

Seems to me that lime juice and limeade would give you a very different end product. I know that Simply Limeade is only 12% lime juice.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

irratebass

Never had a Mojito :-(....next time I am out and have the oppourtunity I will try one..thanks for the recipe.
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

Romeo

I think there's to much smoke In this cigar shop I once heard someone say before I threw them out !

Hot Stuff x

I'm gonna be an ass here and without even trying the drink recommend substitution of superfine sugar (if available) instead of powdered.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/22/2012  7:49 PM

I'm gonna be an ass here and without even trying the drink recommend substitution of superfine sugar (if available) instead of powdered.

Plain old granulated sugar is what would be used in a traditional mojito, though in this blended version, the superfine sugar may disperse and dissolve better.

You can also make your own superfine sugar by whirring some granulated sugar in a food processor for a couple minutes.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

87North

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 3/22/2012  11:21 PM

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/22/2012  7:49 PM

Plain old granulated sugar is what would be used in a traditional mojito, though in this blended version, the superfine sugar may disperse and dissolve better.

You can also make your own superfine sugar by whirring some granulated sugar in a food processor for a couple minutes.

You get the Verbal award today for the best use of the technical term "Whirring".   :shades:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

adriedel

Does the blender make the mint bitter. I heard if you pulverize herbs they get bitter?

CHRIS7891011

Quoteadriedel - 4/11/2012  10:31 AM

Does the blender make the mint bitter. I heard if you pulverize herbs they get bitter?

I haven't noticed it being a problem. I think a lot of it is that it gets so broken up, so quickly and it's so dispersed throughout the drink that you don't notice any bitterness. I know that when I make a pizza if I bruise the basil too much when cutting it, it will become bitter.

Also superfine sugar or even granulated sugar is fine. I like powdered because it blends together with the liquid nicely. I suppose even adding some simple syrup would create the same effect.

Anyone try these yet?

gitfiddl

It's been a looong tome since I've had a Mojito.  Sounds like the plan for my three day weekend...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

CHRIS7891011

QuoteRebecca Silverwolf - 3/20/2012  11:56 PM

Seems to me that lime juice and limeade would give you a very different end product. I know that Simply Limeade is only 12% lime juice.

I've tried it both ways, real limes and limeade. You can tell the difference but surprisingly I liked the outcome with the limeade. much better. It's a lot less work and tastes great.  :-)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.