New Whiskey to me

Started by FNA, 03/22/2012 12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FNA

Bought a fifth of Clontarf Classic Irish whiskey on St. Patrick's Day, good price $23.99.

I am no connoisseur of whiskeys.  I liked this, found it very smooth and easy drinking neat.  Lighter in color than Tullamore Dew, but to me reminiscent of that brand in its easy drinking quality.  I would buy Clontarf again (except I hear it's rather higher priced when not on sale)

Anyone else drink the Clontarf?  Like it?

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

horrido

QuoteFNA - 3/22/2012  1:30 PM

Bought a fifth of Clontarf Classic Irish whiskey on St. Patrick's Day, good price $23.99.

I am no connoisseur of whiskeys.  I liked this, found it very smooth and easy drinking neat.  Lighter in color than Tullamore Dew, but to me reminiscent of that brand in its easy drinking quality.  I would buy Clontarf again (except I hear it's rather higher priced when not on sale)

Anyone else drink the Clontarf?  Like it?

At 23.99 for any whiskey is cheap live where I live and 40 bucks is considered cheap. With a price like that I think I would become a real Irish aficionado whiskey drinker.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

irratebass

Never heard of it, but I am not well versed in Whiskeys yet. Congrats on the price, that seems like a great bargain.
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

FNA

Fourty Creek is Canadian whiskey, not even close.

I'm surprised at price comments in general - I bought this at $23 partly because it was only $2 more than the Tullamore Dew at its regular rate.

I bought Black Bush last year at around the same price.  Apparently hooray for NJ

MT21

QuoteFNA - 3/22/2012  12:52 PM

Fourty Creek is Canadian whiskey, not even close.

I'm surprised at price comments in general - I bought this at $23 partly because it was only $2 more than the Tullamore Dew at its regular rate.

I bought Black Bush last year at around the same price.  Apparently hooray for NJ

I guess it's time for an upgrade.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

cmmayo

I bought some Black Bush in my younger days.

:whistle:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

BigTA

Will have to perform a taste test and see If it rates with 15 year Glenmorangi
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

lowpro75

Drink em all and let god sort em out.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

uplander12ga

Quotelowpro75 - 3/22/2012  7:08 PM

Drink em all and let god sort em out.

***LIKE*** :lmao:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteBigTA - 3/22/2012  3:23 PM

Will have to perform a taste test and see If it rates with 15 year Glenmorangi

Glenmorangi is Scotch, and won't taste a thing like Irish Whiskey.  :confused:
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Hot Stuff x

Quotecmmayo - 3/23/2012  7:24 AM

that went right over everyone's head....
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

MT21

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/22/2012  7:47 PM

Not everyone. Been married to a sister for 32 years now. :whistle:  :biggrin:

Gurkha free zone.

87North

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/22/2012  9:47 PM

I caught it, but just wasn't sure I wanted to venture into that territory... :lmao:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Rebecca Silverwolf

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/22/2012  7:47 PM

No, I got it, just chose to leave it alone.  :angel:
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.