Grand Marnier 150 year

Started by Waffles, 03/22/2012 05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waffles

So at the cigar bar I go to on Wed nights I usually have a glass or 2 of grand marnier 100 year, and I love it.  well worth the price of $15 a glass :-0 to me.  Now at the same bar they have grand marnier 150 year for $30 a glass.  I have always wanted to try it, but cant bring myself to drop the $30 a glass.  Anyone here tried it?  Is it worth double the price?? 

horrido

You won't be disappointed - you only live once dammit. You'll kick your arse for not trying it.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

BigTA

I would try it once, What else would you do with your tax refund other than buy cigars
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

Waffles

LOL, the tax refund went to pay off the new wife's credit card debt that she didnt tell me about before we got married.....

lowpro75

QuoteWaffles - 3/22/2012  7:09 PM

LOL, the tax refund went to pay off the new wife's credit card debt that she didnt tell me about before we got married.....

So you should have a lot of time to smoke cigars and drink $30 dollar drinks while she works her second job to pay you back. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 3/22/2012  7:11 PM

So you should have a lot of time to smoke cigars and drink $30 dollar drinks while she works her second job to pay you back. :biggrin:

:word:
Chief of Shaft

uplander12ga

Quotelowpro75 - 3/22/2012  7:11 PM

:lmao: Nice man! Damn it, I like the way you think!!! :lmao:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

87North

You guys get tax refunds?   :mad:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nwb

Quoteuplander12ga - 3/22/2012  8:55 PM

So your an a-hole too?

:biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

1sgjeffward

QuoteBigTA - 3/22/2012  4:26 PM

I would try it once, What else would you do with your tax refund other than buy cigars

:word:

Waffles you got SCREWED! Don't ever let her take your cigars away  :-0
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Brlesq

21 years ago on the alter, my father-in-law leaned over to me and whispered "She's all yours now.  Credit card bills and all.  No trade backs!"  Wife was a bit miffed at Dad.  :lmao:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Hot Stuff x

QuoteWaffles - 3/23/2012  9:09 AM

I already had this discussion with my future ex-wife...hopefully will avoid any "gotchas", unless she lied to me.   We shall see....
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

nwb

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/22/2012  10:45 PM

I already had this discussion with my future ex-wife...hopefully will avoid any "gotchas", unless she lied to me.   We shall see....

Such a positive outlook! :lmao:
Chief of Shaft

billy82

But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

lukin

QuoteHot Stuff x - 3/22/2012  7:45 PM

:lmao:  The wifey and I use separate funds.  It helps that we don't have kids, but I don't want to get all worked up when she spends money on things I consider frivolous (purses, various smelly things) nor do I want her to get worked up over my cigars and booze purchases.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Brlesq

Quotelukin - 3/23/2012  8:18 AM
". . . but I don't want to get all worked up when she spends money on things I consider frivolous (purses, various smelly things)  . . .

She has her smelly things, you have yours.  Only yours get lit with fire.  :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

fretburn

QuoteBrlesq - 3/22/2012  7:48 PM  
QuoteWaffles - 3/22/2012  7:09 PM  LOL, the tax refund went to pay off the new wife's credit card debt that she didnt tell me about before we got married.....
21 years ago on the alter, my father-in-law leaned over to me and whispered "She's all yours now.  Credit card bills and all.  No trade backs!"  Wife was a bit miffed at Dad.  :lmao:

Unfortunately i inherited my father-in-law too, lol.

Waffles, Dont think there are any cigar bars here. You gotta try it at least once man.

Ron

"Is the poop deck really what I think it is?" - Homer Jay Simpson

"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems." Homer Jay Simpson

uplander12ga

Quotenwb - 3/22/2012  9:06 PM

Quoteuplander12ga - 3/22/2012  8:55 PM

So your an a-hole too?

:biggrin:

LOL!!! Absolutely!!!  :biggrin:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

Waffles

Quotefretburn - 3/23/2012  8:59 AM  

QuoteBrlesq - 3/22/2012  7:48 PM  
QuoteWaffles - 3/22/2012  7:09 PM  LOL, the tax refund went to pay off the new wife's credit card debt that she didnt tell me about before we got married.....

Unfortunately i inherited my father-in-law too, lol.

Waffles, Dont think there are any cigar bars here. You gotta try it at least once man.

Yeah I think I will give it a try next week.  Its been staring at me every time.  Even the owner says its one of the best drinks he has had.

http://www.stanleycigarco.com/  <-- the cigar bar 

uplander12ga

QuoteWaffles - 3/23/2012  10:28 AM

Yeah I think I will give it a try next week.  Its been staring at me every time.  Even the owner says its one of the best drinks he has had.

That a boy! Be sure to let us know how it is! :dancing:

irratebass

It's just me, but $30 will buy you a whole case of PBR's  :biggrin:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

Waffles

Quoteirratebass - 3/23/2012  10:19 AM  It's just me, but $30 will buy you a whole case of PBR's  :biggrin:

And while you choke down all that bad tasting beer, I will be slowly enjoying the flavor of what I am drinking.  

irratebass

QuoteWaffles - 3/23/2012 11:23 AM

Quoteirratebass - 3/23/2012 10:19 AM It's just me, but $30 will buy you a whole case of PBR's :biggrin:

And while you choke down all that bad tasting beer, I will be slowly enjoying the flavor of what I am drinking.  

Hey now, PBR is some good stuff, now HAMMS :blech:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

nwb

I've never understood why people say PBR tastes bad - it would require it to actually have any flavor. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

uplander12ga

Quotenwb - 3/23/2012  11:55 AM

I've never understood why people say PBR tastes bad - it would require it to actually have any flavor. :biggrin:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.