Maduro/Oscuro Cigars

Started by MT21, 03/25/2012 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maduro/Oscuro Cigars

That's all that's in my humidor.

lukin

Now that I think about it though, my top three cigars of all time are non-maduros: H Upmann Mag 46, RASS and Torano Tribute Naturals
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

MT21

QuoteJackal - 3/25/2012  7:21 PM

I prefer Ecuadorian shade or Habano wrappers

If the Ecuadorian shade is the same as the Sumatran wrapper, I'm with you on that.  I love that wrapper.  Same with the Habano wrapper.  ie: 601 Red.  One of my new favorites.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

87North

QuoteBrlesq - 3/25/2012  9:17 PM

Quotenwb - 3/25/2012  7:33 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 3/25/2012  7:32 PM
Quotenwb - 3/25/2012  7:18 PM
For a long time, my humidor was probably filled with 2/3 maduro/oscuro.  Lately, I've noticed that the don't appeal to me quite as much, probably because so many of them taste the same.  With that being said, I still like a lot of them, just not every day like I used to.

Now I look at the overall blend of the cigar.

We know.  You switched to Pineapple . . .  :biggrin:

As you said on the Dr. Pepper thread, "Don't knock it 'til you try it!"

I am partial to the green apple.   :biggrin:

I'm a Peach man myself...  :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Jackal

QuoteMT21 - 3/25/2012  9:21 PM

If the Ecuadorian shade is the same as the Sumatran wrapper, I'm with you on that.  I love that wrapper.  Same with the Habano wrapper.  ie: 601 Red.  One of my new favorites.

Actually, I was referring to Ecuadorian Shade Grown Connecticut seed, as opposed to Sumatran (which is also an excellent leaf that I enjoy)

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Ken Kelley

QuoteJackal - 3/27/2012  4:59 PM

QuoteMT21 - 3/25/2012  9:21 PM

Actually, I was referring to Ecuadorian Shade Grown Connecticut seed, as opposed to Sumatran (which is also an excellent leaf that I enjoy)

Sumatran is my second favorite wrapper. Love me them Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra sticks and the Punch Rare Corojos.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

MT21

I thought I'd bring this back to the home page and keep it going a little longer.  There's some Geeks here who didn't get to the site over the weekend.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

irratebass

QuoteMT21 - 3/26/2012 12:21 AM
QuoteJackal - 3/25/2012 7:21 PM I prefer Ecuadorian shade or Habano wrappers
If the Ecuadorian shade is the same as the Sumatran wrapper, I'm with you on that. I love that wrapper. Same with the Habano wrapper. ie: 601 Red. One of my new favorites.

Pssst Mark....http://www.atlanticcigar.com/Closeouts/Closeouts.asp

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

MT21

Quoteirratebass - 3/29/2012  6:06 AM

QuoteMT21 - 3/26/2012 12:21 AM
QuoteJackal - 3/25/2012 7:21 PM I prefer Ecuadorian shade or Habano wrappers
If the Ecuadorian shade is the same as the Sumatran wrapper, I'm with you on that. I love that wrapper. Same with the Habano wrapper. ie: 601 Red. One of my new favorites.

Pssst Mark....http://www.atlanticcigar.com/Closeouts/Closeouts.asp

Thanks Mickey.  Been there, done that.   :smoker:

You're a great enabler. :thumbsup:

Gurkha free zone.

BigTA

I love em all but Maduro's / Oscuro's are my fave, Corojo as well, I mix it up all time
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

Shukpaw

I generally prefer Maduro, but I do not limit myself to them.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.