Cigar Flavors .... WTF?

Started by doubleott05, 03/28/2012 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubleott05

clam baked tampon.... i think i just threw up in my mouth..
-Elliot
Be my friend on facebook (be sure to identify your self as a geek)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/elliot.youngstrom

Link to my Humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=doubleott05

lukin

I've found that the more I drink cigars with just water, the easier it is to get the flavors.  I don't mean that occasionally I'll smoke cigars with just water, but rather, every cigar.  Once you build up your palate, then you can branch back to other things.  I generally taste leather, chocolate, citrus, bread, pepper, coffee, cedar, oak and earth a lot.  Other flavors come in like vanilla, cinnamon and anise occasionally.  At times (mostly with Sun Grown's) I will get a nice floral perfumey flavor, but I can't pick out the particular flower, it just tastes florally.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 3/28/2012  7:44 PM
I agree that Frank is a douche, but I love him anyway.

:lmao:  :lmao:

I agree..............

except for the love thing.
Chief of Shaft

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

BigTA

Taste is taste is taste, there are many times when me and my buddies herf out on the same sticks and beverage and we come no where close to agreing on what flavors are preasent...
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

grabow66

I get baked bread alot from mild sicks. I never have got nutmeg or cinnamon. But I will admit to tasting hints of lemongrass from a stck a few years back.
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

Rebecca Silverwolf

One of the best tips I ever heard on developing your palate is to get as much sensory experience, from as many different sources, as possible. This allows your brain to develop the neural pathways that make the connections to past scent and flavor experiences. Eat and drink a wide variety of foods and beverages, and really stop to take the time to taste and smell what you are consuming. It's definitely a skill that can be refined and trained.

Still, no matter what level of experience you might gain, some people are more sensitive to subtle scents and flavors than other people. Also, no two people are going to experience the multitude of chemical components in cigar smoke exactly the same way.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

mike.casey

Ive never been able to pick out specific flavors in cigars. I just know yummy and not so yummy. I know cigars taste different than one another, but I couldn't tell you how or why. Here's me comparing a Casa Magna Colorado to a Padron 4000...

That Casa is delicious. The Padron is yummy too, but different yummy.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

MT21

My taster is getting more gooder but I'm no where near as good as the elite afficianados of CG.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

ROTHNH

Quotefretburn - 3/28/2012  9:11 PM

And when im drinkin and accidentally inhale, i hack up lots o flavors.

Now that really got me laughing  ;-)

Hot Stuff x

QuoteDuker511 - 3/29/2012  6:25 AM

...Some people can taste very slight flavors while others only taste the in you face flavors.

I think this is why full-bodied cigars are so popular.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.