Vega Fina Sumum 2010 and. .

Started by PeterG, 04/04/2012 09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterG

A few months ago I tried out the new Vega Fina Sumum 2010. Well not new, but new to the US. I was honestly blown away by it, Altadis' original Vega Fina really isn't something I'd ever brag about are recommend. I wouldn't tell anyone not to smoke it, yet I could pick out 5 better sticks at a lower price point. The Sumum was was originally only a European release just came to the US and is excellent. It comes in mild to medium and has great lemon, yeah I said lemon, notes. This weekend I cracked open a Sam Adams Summer Ale, kicked it back with a Sumum, and really enjoyed myself.

While it wasn't the best pairing I'd ever had, it was the best one that can be purchased with ease. Both the Sumum and the Summer ale are around pretty much nation wide. There are a few maduro/stout or porter combos I like better, but those are craft brews you may not be able to locate.

nwb

The Sumum is an excellent cigar - I gave it 4.5/5 stars.  It isn't necessarily a cigar I would want to pair anything with, but I would say that about a lot of cigars.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Chief of Shaft

ROTHNH

Peter, since you enjoyed the Summer Ale, you'd probably like an IPA with that VF Sumum.  If so, you'll flip over the Samuel Adams White Water IPA ... while it's usually not readily available, the White Water IPA is currently part of the Sam Adams seasonal sampler and well worth seeking out -- an outstanding, unique IPA and the head is unbelievable.

BXgreenhorn

Sounds like another one to add to the list :dancing:

PeterG

Quotenwb - 4/4/2012  10:03 AM

The Sumum is an excellent cigar - I gave it 4.5/5 stars.  It isn't necessarily a cigar I would want to pair anything with, but I would say that about a lot of cigars.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Out of all of Altadis' offerings the two new VF steal the show. The Jose Sejias an Sumum blew me away. Everything on them is great, construction, flavor, and of course price! Aside from the two new VF lines the only really impressive stick I've had from altadis is the Romeo Y Julieta Museum (yet real pricey).

I loved the Sumum so much I picked up two 10 count chests for myself.

nwb

QuotePeterG - 4/4/2012  1:43 PM
Quotenwb - 4/4/2012  10:03 AM

Glad you enjoyed it.

Out of all of Altadis' offerings the two new VF steal the show. The Jose Sejias an Sumum blew me away. Everything on them is great, construction, flavor, and of course price! Aside from the two new VF lines the only really impressive stick I've had from altadis is the Romeo Y Julieta Museum (yet real pricey).

I loved the Sumum so much I picked up two 10 count chests for myself.

Right there with you.  Looking back, I probably smoke 10 or less Altadis cigars every year (out of 300+).  Most of their smokes don't really appeal to me with the exception of the Sumum and RyJ Habano.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.