Cigars and Tequila

Started by TBossAZ, 04/10/2012 10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBossAZ

So this coming Saturday, I am going to Tequilazona to sample some tequila.  I know you all have talked about this before, but any recommendations on what cigar brands pair well with tequila?  Should I go with something strong or something sweet?  Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Hot Stuff x

Are you talking about sipping straight tequila?  I would go for something bold but smooth.  Man O' War Ruination, Camacho Triple Maduro, or Casa Fernandez Arsenio come to mind.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

BigTA

The LPH Morado went very well with 1821 as well as 601 Oscuro
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

dwig

Tequila will make you take back things you didn't even steal!!!!!!!!!!!
 :crazy:
I wonder if clouds ever look down on us and say:  Hey look.  That one is shaped like an idiot!"

uplander12ga

Quotedwig - 4/11/2012  7:27 AM

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: Tequila makes her clothes come off! :whistle:
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

lubrix

Quotedwig - 4/11/2012  6:27 AM

Funny!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

horrido

watch yourself and stay out of the Mexican jail....not a nice place.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Ken Kelley

. :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

TBossAZ

Thanks for the tips everyone.  If you want, I can share my experiences afterward.

87North

QuoteTBossAZ - 4/12/2012  1:26 AM

Thanks for the tips everyone.  If you want, I can share my experiences afterward.

Kinda depends on the experiences... :-0  :shades:  :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nwb

Quote87North - 4/12/2012  7:42 AM

QuoteTBossAZ - 4/12/2012  1:26 AM

Kinda depends on the experiences... :-0  :shades:  :biggrin:

:word:

My experiences with tequila wouldn't need repeating...
Chief of Shaft

Bob Cordell

No, I want to hear it all!!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

nwb

QuoteBob Cordell - 4/12/2012  12:49 PM

No, I want to hear it all!!

Let's just say one story starts with "One night while I was in Mexico".  As bad as Mexico is, the story goes downhill from there....
Chief of Shaft

irratebass

Tequila makes me turn into the Hulk, I turn green and start throwing things in slow motion
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

Reighvin

Quoteirratebass - 4/12/2012  1:05 PM

Tequila makes me turn into the Hulk, I turn green and start throwing things in slow motion

It turns me into the Hulk too, but I start flexing, ripping my shirt off, and calling everybody "brother".
My Humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=reighvin

My Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/reighvin

Twitter: @Reighvin

"Some people spend their life wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."~Ronald Reagan

BXgreenhorn

QuoteReighvin - 4/12/2012  1:29 PM

Quoteirratebass - 4/12/2012  1:05 PM

It turns me into the Hulk too, but I start flexing, ripping my shirt off, and calling everybody "brother".
:lmao:  :lmao:

irratebass

QuoteReighvin - 4/12/2012 1:29 PM
Quoteirratebass - 4/12/2012 1:05 PM Tequila makes me turn into the Hulk, I turn green and start throwing things in slow motion

:lmao: I just want to fight, and I am not a fighter, now this is on cheap tequila like Jose Ceurvo, I have no problems with Patron.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

Jonnyd287

If you're going to be sipping tequila, I think after a while it wont matter what you smoke. As long as you can stand straight and not go to jail, you did a good job. hahaha

McBryde

LOL, Love the pic Ken! Been there before, but it was in college with Coors Original. BLAHHHHHHHH Beer just makes me puke now. I do like margaritas, long island iced tea, and moonshine though!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

chief791

I am a Tequila lover. Try this, Patron on the rocks with a piece of lime paired with a Cao MX2. The cold smooth Tequila goes great with the Lite pepper finish of this stick.  :dancing:
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Brlesq

I've been enjoying Patron XO - Coffee liquor blended with Tequila.  Its a bit too sweet by itself, so I just "cut it up" (the opposite of water it down) with an extra shot of good quality gold Tequila. Pairs great with a maduro.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

BCfromHell

Tequila is delicious in moderation, but if I go too much, 'it' makes me feel comfortable punching people in the face.  So I'd recommend something strong, like the MoW Ruination.   It's the right boldness w/o being overpowering.  Kind of like a drunk trying to fight.
@BCfromHell - Twitter

Shukpaw

I like both tequila and cigars, but strait I have never liked them together.  I find the tequila usually overpowers the taste of the cigar.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

toby2

funny this came back up. this is my pairing for this evenings fun.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.