Favorite Method of Brewing Coffee

Started by CHRIS7891011, 04/11/2012 04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite Method of Brewing Coffee

Mr. Coffee (or similar)
17 (20.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

toby2

I work on restaurant equipment too. I have a hard piped Bunn-O-Matic next to my Breville espresso machine. steph I and are hard core coffee freaks!

Rebecca Silverwolf

I've never been able to get into coffee. It all tastes like dirt to me, and I've tried it prepared by pretty much every method, with a lot of different additives. Bitter dirt.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Hapcigar

Cigars and coffee rocks.  I will drink coffee no matter how it has been brewed but if given the choice, French press please.
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results. - Winston Churchill

freakydeakydutchman

nothing is better for a sunday morning than a nice cigar and a hot coffee.
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Greenfairypipe

Bringin back an old thread.  I brew espresso exclusively right now.  Make an americano for the wife and an espresso for myself.
Wolfeman

"After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

BXgreenhorn

I use an Italian press. I had my first morning smoke yesterday it was awesome!

Greenfairypipe

QuoteBXgreenhorn - 3/1/2013  10:55 AM

mmmmm coffee and stogie.   Is that a lusitania?
Wolfeman

"After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

mpurtle01

We have a Saeco espresso machine that grinds the beans fresh.  Rarely have espresso, but it makes amazing coffee and my wife likes when I make her cappuccinos.

BXgreenhorn

QuoteGreenfairypipe - 3/1/2013  2:06 PM

yes Mike it was,  good eye. It was so good. The coffee really brought out some nice sweetness in the stick.

Cigary

I've had just about every variety of brewing coffee...spent hundreds of dollars and French Press is about the best way for me to enjoy coffee.  It's simple...quick and once you get your "tastes" linked to the ratio of beans and water you've got a recipe for life.  I enjoy so many different kinds of beans and using a FP is absolutely the best way to enjoy them.

CrazyK

I love my Breville espresso machine when I'm in a hurry, but my favourite method is my good old Corning Ware stovetop percolator. Takes a while to get it just right, but it always makes a great cup of coffee!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

bmac7754

I use a Keurig and make K-cup coffee.  Nice and quick, and you can mix flavors cup after cup
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

washington

Every day use: Techni Vorm (drip)  Special occasions: cold-pressed or vac pot.  But it's all good!
My hovercraft is full of eels.

CaskStrength1

By far my favorite method is French press. I find I get a little more body and texture and I can control the temp of the water I use. I will also occasionally put a VERY small pinch of salt with the grounds. Alleviates any bitterness the brew may have.

Now having said all that I do keep a Keurig in my office at work because of the K- Cup convenience.
To be considered a country, you need to have a beer.  Sure, it helps to have an airport or nuclear weapons, but at the very least...you need to have a beer.

Twitter: @caskstrength1

1sgjeffward

QuoteBXgreenhorn - 3/1/2013  12:54 PM

QuoteGreenfairypipe - 3/1/2013  2:06 PM

yes Mike it was,  good eye. It was so good. The coffee really brought out some nice sweetness in the stick.

HEY that cigar looks familiar :shades:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

jimmyG

Just use the perky for my daily cup

tvolball

We've got a better then average drip coffee maker. It makes pretty good coffee if you used filtered or bottled water. We really like a couple of different kinds of everyday run of the mill coffee. My favorite is New England Brand Breakfast Blend and Dunkin Donuts Turbo. If we have the chance to get some top quality coffee, we really like the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. We also like the Hawain Kona coffee.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

renoles576

Cfickter

Quotebmac7754 - 3/1/2013  9:03 PM  I use a Keurig and make K-cup coffee.  Nice and quick, and you can mix flavors cup after cup

X2 we love our Keurig. I don't mix much mostly staying with the dark roasts but the wife like the flavored coffees so it works perfect and brews a great cup. 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Ken Kelley

Bunn and fresh ground beans for daily use. French press when I have the time.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

amigodecigars

Quotetvolball - 4/23/2013  3:27 PM  We've got a better then average drip coffee maker. It makes pretty good coffee if you used filtered or bottled water. We really like a couple of different kinds of everyday run of the mill coffee. My favorite is New England Brand Breakfast Blend and Dunkin Donuts Turbo. If we have the chance to get some top quality coffee, we really like the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. We also like the Hawain Kona coffee.

Have you ever tried Costa Rican Tarrazu? I use a traditional "chorreador" every morning.

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

nirab

I have an old 60's percolator that makes fantastic coffee, and keeps it fresh and hot for hours. I also enjoy a french press from time to time, but this old school system makes a damn fine cup o' joe.  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

c.petree.1

What the hell is French press? I love to order espresso at coffee shops but am scared to commit to buying my own machine. So many varying reviews online.

scottvodka

Quotec.petree.1 - 5/9/2014  8:09 PM

What the hell is French press? I love to order espresso at coffee shops but am scared to commit to buying my own machine. So many varying reviews online.

French press is an involved way of making coffee that ends up with a ton of sediment. In the bright side, it's pretty strong. If you like espresso you'll like French press coffee. As far as espresso machines go, if you don't cheap out you pretty much can't go wrong..

DonM

French press with freshly ground beans for me

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.