LFD Colorado Osc No 3 LE

Started by 1sgjeffward, 04/19/2012 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

Anybody interested in splitting a box of the La Flor Dominicana Colorado Oscuro No 3 LE? They are GREAT smokes if you haven't tried them but they come in boxes of 50  :-0

have a box for $240 including shipping but keep in mind that's 25 for $120!!!

I CAN'T buy till after the 1st or I won't survive to buy :-(  LMK if anyone is interested.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

uplander12ga

Would love to jump on that deal Jeff, but humi's are all over filled, and I too am on a mandated buying freeze. :-(
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

nwb

Might be interested - PM sent.
Chief of Shaft

Robert LG

I'm going to try and go by a local today and give these a try.  I've never had them and the other thread about these and the undercrown spurred my interest. If I really like them I may be interested if y'all need a third wheel or if someone else is interested.
Rob

mike.casey

Quotenwb - 4/19/2012  7:06 AM

Might be interested - PM sent.

*damn*
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

87North

QuoteRobert LG - 4/19/2012  7:39 AM

I'm going to try and go by a local today and give these a try.  I've never had them and the other thread about these and the undercrown spurred my interest. If I really like them I may be interested if y'all need a third wheel or if someone else is interested.

I'm betting good money that you'll like those.  Probably one of the top 3 cigars I've had in the last year... :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nadroj

I would be willing to split with you if the other two guys decide not to.

Shukpaw

I say we make this a 5 way box split.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Robert LG

I didn't get a chance to get by the local that carries these.  But I'd still be willing to do a smaller split as Neil suggested if there is interest.
Rob

1sgjeffward

Well here is the deal guys. As of right now me and Nathan are gonna split a box we both love these things. However, In the next few months probably going to be doing a box split on more of these. Here is my thinking on these so far:

1) They all come in boxes of 50 and don't get me wrong I love em enough to be willing to buy the 50 if I had to! If you guys haven't tried these they are worth a trip to the B&M to pick one up. They are a beautiful oily stick that screams smoke me!
2) Wanna do another box split on some #2 or #5 not sure which yet because I haven't had a good chance to sit back and give the #5 the relax time it deserves. Once again Box of 50 for both of those!
3) They are LE's so want to pick up as many as I can now! Prices at most places are already starting to climb :-(

So it's not that I don't want 50 It's just I think right now I'm going for 25 of the #3 and 25 of the #2. With the #2 being smaller fits in for those nice moments where you may not have as much time if you know what I mean. Plus I like having a nice selection of smaller smokes since that's normally what I carry on the bike with me to smoke either while riding or rest breaks. FYI if any of you are motorcycle riders the smaller Vitollas do much better in the wind. Keep in mind I ride a 99 FLSTC so I'm kicked back behind a full windshield :biggrin:
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

nwb

PM sent.

As Jeff said above, I'm in for half a box of the #3.  It appears as if there is enough interest for a second split.
Chief of Shaft

mike.casey

Jeff can you pm me info on where you found this deal? I might buy a whole 50 myself, or do a split with another geek.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

1sgjeffward

Hey guys posted all the info in the Hot Deals forum as well. I'm committed to a split on the #3's with Nathan. But am open to a split with another Geek for a box of the #2's once again after the 1st. I'm doing the ordering for mine and Nate's split so if anyone is interested will order the box of #2's as well. The #2's should be $218 plus shipping once again a box of 50.

For the rest of you guys wanting to work out splits Superior Cigars has about the best selection of LFD's I have seen and all at GREAT prices!
http://www.superiorcigars.com/la-flor-dominicana-cigar
Jeff

? André Gide

1sgjeffward

Hey guys Mark (horrido) is wanting a 10 pack anyone interested in going in with him for the other 15 out of a box of #2's?? Will let you guys figure out how you want to split it or whatever will buy the box and send out whatever you guys agree on no problem as long as I get $109 + shipping

Just please remember I CANNOT order these till the 1st! Am way over my budget for the month :-(
Jeff

? André Gide

nadroj

I will go in with you and Mark and purchase the other 15

1sgjeffward

Quotenadroj - 4/20/2012  8:37 PM

I will go in with you and Mark and purchase the other 15

Cool deal! If you and him could just work out how you guys want to work it out. Can send to 1 or both of you. Will send in a Priority mail box should be $5.50 each box for shipping. When you guys know how you want to work it out will send 1 or both of you PayPal info or work out payment.
Jeff

? André Gide

nadroj

I am thinking it will probably be easier for us to both pay you individually and you just ship our portion to us if you are cool with that.

Assuming the price stays the same until order time it looks like it will be:
Me: 15 cigars $65.40 + shipping
Mark: 10 cigars $43.60 + shipping

Do you think you will be able to fit 15 in the priority mail box?

1sgjeffward

Quotenadroj - 4/20/2012  9:03 PM

I am thinking it will probably be easier for us to both pay you individually and you just ship our portion to us if you are cool with that.

Assuming the price stays the same until order time it looks like it will be:
Me: 15 cigars $65.40 + shipping
Mark: 10 cigars $43.60 + shipping

Do you think you will be able to fit 15 in the priority mail box?

Ya that's cool with me. And yes they will. Screwing the PO 101. Take your bigger flat boxes and place it inside of the large priority mail flat rate envelopes and they are actually cheaper than the boxes :biggrin:

Just shot a PM to Mark as soon as he confirms he is good with everything we'll get it done. Will place the order on the 1st so I should be able to have your guy's stuff out within I wouldn't think more than a week of that.
Jeff

? André Gide

nadroj

Looks like the no.3's are on backorder now.

wlfwalleye

Quotenadroj - 4/21/2012  12:21 AM

Looks like the no.3's are on backorder now.

Yep they are a semi limited release. Proubably 2 official releases a year with a slow trickle going to each retailer throughout the year. Some retailers seem to get them
in more regular than others. The prices seem to be gradualy increasing as well. The #2's were $200 and the #3's $220 a couple months ago.

1sgjeffward

Ya this is why I was trying to jump on em. Put a box on reserve so hopefully they get some in the next few weeks :-(
Jeff

? André Gide

nwb

I was wondering how long those would last at that price.  If you end up getting a box of the No. 3, Jeff, let me know. :shy:
Chief of Shaft

1sgjeffward

Ya guess I should have waited till we got our box before I posted it everywhere :-(
Jeff

? André Gide

nwb

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/22/2012  10:59 PM

Ya guess I should have waited till we got our box before I posted it everywhere :-(

Tip #1 of Great Deals:

Buy the deal yourself before posting it in front of this crowd.

Tip #2

There will always be more deals. ;-)
Chief of Shaft

87North

Quotenwb - 4/23/2012  7:33 AM

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/22/2012  10:59 PM

Tip #1 of Great Deals:

Buy the deal yourself before posting it in front of this crowd.

Tip #2

There will always be more deals. ;-)

Wise words indeed.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.